MD-VA-DC Strathmore Tchaikovsky 4th Klipschfest, Saturday, April 25, 2009

LarryC

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, I was going to post on this soon -- all 16 that I reserved have been spoken for (!!), but I can call Strathmore Monday and reserve more! How many would you want?

FYI, 12 of the 16 are Forum members and 4 are friends of mine. One forum member is somewhat tentative, and he's sending me a check anyway. I recently called for everyone's checks with a target date of today, Nov. 1. I have 3 already, so things are moving along nicely.

It's a very good group, and I think we'll have an outstanding day. I'd love to meet you, and I know the rest would, too. Signers-up are:

• Garymd (Gary)
  • Thebes (Marty)
  • Dkalsi (Dhar) & Sophia
  • Klipsched w/Yamahas (Mark)
  • colterphoto1 (Michael)
  • Customsteve01 (Steve) & Caroline
  • Mike Lindsey
  • Skonopa (Steve)
  • DoubleJ (Jon), likely
  • Jim & Bridget Joy (friends)
  • Cheryl & Bill Waller (friends)

There are 34 seats in the section, so we have about half of them. Ours are at the preferred (IMO!) audience end of the section. They have been on public sale since early September, so some of the rest may have been taken, and sooner is better than later for deciding to add seats.

Let me know soon! Thanks for writing,

Larry

I have just added PYRO/Rob and June, for a total of 18, 14 of whom are Forum members/SO's, and 4 are friends of mine. I now have 4 checks, so things continue moving along. The current signers-up for the concert are:
  • Garymd (Gary)
  • Thebes (Marty)
  • Dkalsi (Dhar) & Sophia
  • Klipsched w/Yamahas (Mark)
  • colterphoto1 (Michael)
  • Customsteve01 (Steve) & Caroline
  • Mike Lindsey
  • Skonopa (Steve)
  • DoubleJ (Jon), likely
  • PYRO (Rob) & June
  • Jim & Bridget Joy (friends)
  • Cheryl & Bill Waller (friends)

There are 34 seats in the section, so we have just over half, all in a single bloc at the preferred (IMO!) audience end of the section. In spite of having been on public sale since early September, our group are STILL the only people in the section!

Larry

I need to make restaurant reservations for April 25. So, before Amy unpins this for the Holidays (we'll pin it back up later), I would like to get a count of who wants to be at the dinner, which will start around 5:15 p.m. The dinner is always good times. Please post or send me a PM or e-mail by November 15.

I'll look for a place with a mix of prices and choices.

Also, please send in your check if you haven't already if you're going to the concert.

Many thanks!

Larry

Mark, I haven't seen it and yes it should have been here by now. Mailman's already come today, so I'll be in touch after tomorrow's mail.

On another topic, since it doesn't make much sense to commit to dinner 5 months from now, I just made reservations for 16 at Jean-Michel's in Bethesda. A nice place, ala carte menu, not far from Strathmore. Marty and Mike have been there. From 5:15 to 7:15 p.m. on Saturday the 25th. http://www.jeanmichelrestaurant.com/

Larry