Hello all, a new guy to klipsch wants to say hi.

saabracer23

Hello, everyone! I am new to klipsch (owning that is) and love it. I am coming from diy, I have built many speakers including line arrays using Tang Band full ranges, two ways using morels, line arrays using morels, ect. and also many subwoofers. I decided to get out of diy for awhile so I got a pair of Mission towers (6-1/2" two way) and Jamo sub 650. I loved the sound, very clean. I wanted louder so I traded the missions with cash for a pair of Klipsch RF-3s. My first true exposure to Klipsch, and I loved it! With the Jamo sub it sounded great. I had that setup for about a month until stepped into some good fortune. I found a pair of "broken" klipsch speakers on craigslist, no model number was listed but they were only 100 bucks so I thought I would check them out. When I got there they looked to be in near mint condition, including the grills. I saw that they were KLF 10s, although that meant nothing to me since I had never heard of them. When I asked what was wrong with them he told me all of the woofers were blown so I asked him to play them for me. I realized the woofers were fine and after investigating for a minute found that the rear panels were vibrating. I told him and he liked my honesty so he sold me the pair for 80 bucks. Took them home, ran a bead of gorilla glue on the inside and now they're perfect! I traded my Jamo sub 650 straight across for a Klipsch Synergy sub 12 so I could have something that would keep up with the KLF 10s. I now have plenty of low end!!! I will keep this system for a long time, I love it! I will keep an eye out for a pair of KLF 20s or RF7s, then I may part with the KLF 10s. Thanks for reading my klipsch story.

Dan

P.S. I am adding a pic of my new beloved system. Before you ask, I keep the grills off because my cat would have them shredded in less than a day.

post-32547-13819417700238_thumb.jpg

Glad to have you here!!!!

Great to have another member with solid DIY experience.....A lot of us are real handy and do a great job restoring Heritage line speakers......

hope you stick around and add your experiences .....be carful or you'll wind up with an all La Scala HT covered in exotic veneer...... [:D]

real good bunch of folks here....very , very helpful with any and all questions.....