Members Weekly Music Recommendations-Sept. 22

thebes

Another week but what to say? Could talk about the weather, but I do that too much. Could describe a moment, a mood, a feeling, but I'm really not in the mood for that. Could hector, harangue and chide but most times I'm not that kinda guy.

Could talk about sex but I'm getting too old and I might have a seizure in anticipation of delights found and lost.

Nah, let's just do some music.

Andreas Segovia, "All Bbach Program", classical, lp

Classical guitar has many of the elements of flamenco guitar but without the fast pacing. Segovia is the Clapton of classical guitar. Methinks he may have invented the genre since most classical works were not written for guitar. Whatever, the playing is absolutely superb and like all guitars on Klipsch it sounds fantastic. All, and I mean all, of his stuff is very well recorded so pick up any of his works and be prepared to be amazed by his artistry.

So what do you have to share this week?

topnews18.jpg

QYPTHOME

http://www.qypthone.com/

Lounge / Bossa Nova / Electronica

qypthone.jpg

This is a very interesting band. I've only heard them on compilations of the Tokyo underground music scene. The blending of style is fun. You would swear they were European until they start singing. They just released a compilation CD which I hope to find soon. The Japanese are not big fans of reissues of music. Once a band releases a good album they are told to produce another and another. This is frusterating as bands early material is very rare and expensive. I hope this is a trend to reissue cds.

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing Sushi 4004 is a great intro. There are only a couple tracks I don't like.

http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Sushi+4004%3A+Spectacular+Japanese+Clubpop