Guess How Many Tubes in the Box and Win....

thebes

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've filled up a five gallon bucket, three popcorn bowls and still have a few more to go through, and that's after pulling out about 100 for my own use. Tons of 12ax7, 12AXT's, probably at least a dozen 6SN7's, enough 5Y3's to keep me for several lifetimes and a godawefull lot of 12Au7's. Mostly Usa but a few mullards and some Bugle boys scattered here and there.

The big prize is two double o getter mullard EL34's that test great. This completes the quad I needed for my Marantz 8b.

Ok back to the contest. Use some math. Yes there are a lot of larger tubes, old radio tubes 80,90 etc. mid size tubes , 6SN7's etc. and small tubes. Say overall 2 1/2" by 3/4" inch. Do the math and you should have a good estimate.

I'm really bored, or really stupid but I will count all the ones I haven't pulled and put them in the box. I would say the person getting within 25 tubes will be the winner.

Ok the official count has been taken. Again, don't ask me why I would actually count all these tubes. I also counted the ones I took from the box for my own personal use figuring it would only be fair to use the total amount based on the pictures shown on the original post. Only only a couple of people have come close.

I'm going to hand out a big hint, but since I am, I'm narrowing the winning margin so you have to be within a a dozen of the actual number. Yes it's an odd sounding number but an even concept.

Here's the major hint. It's between 800 and 1200 tubes.

Like they say on election day in Boston: Vote early and Often.