RCA digital cable recommendations please.

wpines

Wpines... come on, what happened to looking for a Kimber D-60 to match your other Kimber Kables? I have a couple of Monster coax digital cables, and I've used the blue coax that comes with the Meridian 5xx series and the D-60 changed my mind about digital all being equal. Some systems will reveal differences more than others, but the D-60 easily trumps my Monster cable every time I switch it out. There is more detail and a blacker background that is quite obvious, the Monster sounds downright muddy in comparison. When I switched the D-60 for the Meridian's blue in-the-box-job, it sounded so much smoother and richer compared to the very thin and bright sound of the stock cable. I hear a difference, but then I hear a difference in speaker cable and interconnects too. Conspiracy theorists flame away...

Wpines... come on, what happened to looking for a Kimber D-60 to match your other Kimber Kables? I have a couple of Monster coax digital cables, and I've used the blue coax that comes with the Meridian 5xx series and the D-60 changed my mind about digital all being equal. Some systems will reveal differences more than others, but the D-60 easily trumps my Monster cable every time I switch it out. There is more detail and a blacker background that is quite obvious, the Monster sounds downright muddy in comparison. When I switched the D-60 for the Meridian's blue in-the-box-job, it sounded so much smoother and richer compared to the very thin and bright sound of the stock cable. I hear a difference, but then I hear a difference in speaker cable and interconnects too. Conspiracy theorists flame away...

Nagaddadoit. I make it a policy to never question what is happening in another persons head. All I can say is that the science is not there. I have yet to get my spreadsheets to look sharper and be accurate to another decimal place by using special cables.

Dave

Ditto that. While I do agree that subtle differences can be heard with analog cables, the same cannot be said, in my experience, with digital cables. Possibly when one gets into the realm of the super megabuck systems might one be able to hear a difference, but I couldn't detect any differences on my system.

"Do those expensive ones you other guys like have names?"

Monster M-1000's were 90 bucks for a half meter and 130 bucks for a meter in 1986. You can get these on ebay used for 1/3 of that. for 1 not a pair.

Monster sigma retro are another story. about 350 for 1 meter used on ebay. for 1 not a pair.

Geezus I didn't ask for expensive cable recommendations, I simply asked for any cable recommendation. Do those cheap ones you guys are raving about have names? Do those expensive ones you other guys like have names?

Sorry about the confusion, but you did ask about how they affect quality. I don't have any names for what I have used. I just use what comes in the box. I've even used plain old RCA connects successfully. If it passes the signal, it will sound fine. If not, it won't sound at all.

Dave

I gota go with Mallette on this one, a digital signal either makes it to the other end of the cable or it does not. If it does, there is no difference in the sound of the signal whether or not it is passed through a $0.50 chineese cable or a $$$$$$$$$$$$ Foo Foo cable, the signal is digital and it is the decoder at the receiving end that determins how it sounds.

My recomendation is that if you do not have a spare cable of any make just laying around or in a drawer somewhere, go to Radio Shack and buy the cheepest cable they have on the shelf that is long enough to do the job.

I first used the included cable with my Yamaha DVD player, then tried a Monster Standard cable and noticed little difference. Then I switched to the Monster Datalink 100 cable and the sound was quite a bit clearer. I've used that cable ever since.