How 'bout them Trojans?

Allan Songer

Being a UCLA fan you might think that I too would revel in a USC loss. Many colleges work at establishing an air of sports arrogance that others delight in seeing dethroned. It was neat to watch MIami dissect the Patriots too. Once I worked for a company headquartered in Boulder, Col. They were Bronco Baffoons and hated, hated, hated the Raiders (who played in LA at the time). I did not even follow football at the time but could not have any interaction with corporate not punctuated with some ugly commentary about the teams. It was very unprofessional and quite uncomfortable at times. In this instance I have a personal stake in USC football. Many years ago my son played Junior All American Football. He played for the Cowboys out of Mission Viejo, Cal. That entire season we gave another youngster rides to and from the thrice weekly practices. That young man was Mark Sanchez who now is the quarterback for USC. Never have I known a more polite youngster. I've known many very talented kids and many have been little snots but not Mark. Those who might not like USC should keep in mind that their quarterback is as Un-USC as they come, win. tie or lose.

didja ever wonder how much nicer life might be if you wrote threads that said something like:

Oregon State won tonight...instead of delighting in the negative???...just a thought...

Oregon State won Thursday night, and once again beat the improperly-ranked-at-#1-Trojans of USC. This is a fact, and life is nice. Almost any SEC team would blow out those overranked Trojans. USC plays maybe 2 tough teams a year, blow out a bunch of nobodies, and half of the country thinks they are great. They aren't.

• 2 weeks later...