My new Sony 32" KV-32FS13 (FD Trinitron WEGA) TV - Line at left-hand corner

Porsche

I just got a brand new Sony 32" Wega.

When I'm watching a movie, and I'm using component video, I see a white line or something like it on the extreme left-hand side of the screen. It pretty much goes all the way down the TV.

Now, it only shows up when the background is all black, but only on certain 'signals' I assume.

When I switch from Video 1 thru to 4, I do see a white line also, but it's not at the extreme left-hand side, it's out about 1 inch.

When watching plain old coaxial cable TV, I don't notice it really - probably because the screen doesn't go black that much.

I can call in Sony for nothing, I'm just wondering what some of your thoughts are fellow Klipschians.

Cheers,

Porsche959

(P.S. I drive a Jeep, I just like Porsche!)

------------------

Onkyo TX-DS575X(B) Receiver

Sony DVPS 560D DVD Player

Klipsch RF-3

Klipsch RS-3

Klipsch RC-3

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

Sony 32" WEGA TV

Did you buy it from a store with a defective exchange policy? I would want to see another machine of the same model, to see if it is persistent in the model, or if it is just your machine. Many retail outlets will swap it out if it is defective - it is a prerequisite with anything that I purchase new.

I would be curious if this problem shows up when playing a videotape. When you were switching from video inputs 1 through 4, were you playing the DVD through the Sony Wega as well? (I'm assuming the source being played through the component video was a DVD machine.) If you can play a black area of a videotape (maybe the end credits or something) through the video 1-4 on the TV and see if you still have the line, I'd say it is the TV. If this problem cannot be shown to exist with the VCR as described above, then another option would be to hook up your DVD to another TV of the exact same model. It may be more worthwhile to take the DVD to another Sony of the same model, rather than switching out the TV's in your home, to determine if your TV is indeed defective. If you bought it mail order, this could be a problem, unless you find a dealer in your area that has the same Sony Wega on the floor.

The point is to see if the TV shows this problem with multiple sources, something other than your DVD. It could also be that the TV and DVD just don't agree for some reason, but that is not likely.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!