center channel help

captmobley

OK, here's the deal-I'm picking up a Pioneer Elite VSX-92 TH amp today-I plan to use my Khorns as fronts,Chorus II's as rears, a KSW15 as my sub-

how can I use both my heresy II's as centers with only one center output on the amp-can you split the output between them? I want to use both to put one each on the sides of my console under the TV- have a RC-3 center but it doesn't fit logistically-Thanx for any comments

You can wire the Heresy's in series insamuch as the Heresy is generally an 8 ohm speaker (some early H-II's were labelled 4 ohms), as in from the receiver's center + output, to left Heresy + input, out from left Heresy - output, to right Heresy + input, and out from right Heresy - output, to receiver's - input. this "tricks" the receiver into seeing a 16 ohm speaker. You will have to adjust the receiver's center level because of the drop in dB from the "16 ohm" speaker. It's not the best way to do it, as in use a single center speaker, etc., but it works in terms of using 2 instead of 1..... Note... they need to be right next to each other....

Why next to each other?-I wanted to split them on either side of my cabinet holding my TV---50"s apart

I have my Heresy III's split left and right of 46" tv and hooked in parallel, + > + and - > -. As long as speakers are balanced, sound comes right out of center. Try it and see if you like the effect.

Why next to each other?-I wanted to split them on either side of my cabinet holding my TV---50"s apart

It might be a good idea to research the drawbacks of using more than one center speaker. There's a reason why receivers/amplifiers were designed for a single center speaker...

It might be a good idea to research the drawbacks of using more than one center speaker.  There's a reason why receivers/amplifiers were designed for a single center speaker...

Yeah, I'm not quite following the logic behind using two speakers as a center channel. Seems as though you are basically going to be doing the same thing if you just didn't run a center at all and set your receiver to 'phantom center.'

It might be a good idea to research the drawbacks of using more than one center speaker. There's a reason why receivers/amplifiers were designed for a single center speaker...

Yeah, I'm not quite following the logic behind using two speakers as a center channel. Seems as though you are basically going to be doing the same thing if you just didn't run a center at all and set your receiver to 'phantom center.'

just because we can !

The reason I want to use two centers is that I have these spiffy Heresy II's I just refinished and want to use them instead of buying a better center channel than my RC-3-I can't place them directly in front of my stereo cabinet because they would stick too far out into the room and block my amp and cable box. I wanted to place them on either side of my cabinet or in front of my Khorns.