Anyone know what happened to Kevin the Soundbroker?

rogert

Okay...to clarify things a bit. First off, yes I did sell Roger his speakers and he is out of the country. "Illegal"? Technically it violates the dealer contract. But...here is the plain truth of the matter...if you do enough volume, people look the other way. Klipsch for a long time had a no-internet policy. I followed it. But time after time after time, my customers I worked long and hard on would buy stuff off E-Bay and from Sound Distributors cheap. I forwarded the links, I complained, nothing happened. Then Klipsch started selling direct on their own store on E-bay. From there, they started allowing mail order including Sound Distributors...one of the major violators previously. Anybody in my area can go onto any of the mail order companies and buy them in my territory. You can now buy Heritage directly from Klipsch. In short, they want the sales. Hey, I can't blame them, that is their job. Roger has no people in his country who sell Klipsch. He was going to order from Germany. Would that dealer be accused of trans shipping? What is the difference ordering from Germany or the U.S? Either way the client is taken care of. I took Klipsch's actions to be a tacit agreement to allow things as long as folks were taken care of. Seems to be the case for a lot of companies. In a slow economy, they want to survive.

I suggested the Crown because I've used it personally in two Ultra 2 setups with very good results. It is acknowledged as one of the better sub amps out there and it is multi-voltage and super easy to re-market. I did suggest he use some EQ with it.

No, I did NOT lose my dealership. I terminated it, I have a copy of the E-mail to my rep stating so. I do own another company called The MoldBuster Group. We do mold remediation, structural drying, and air purification systems in the State of Washington. We just picked up a contract for the world's leading advanced air purification systems and have an exclusive for the entire state. I am in a very wet, moldy area...the Pacific Northwest and we are unique in our market. Thus, the company is growing like mad and taking up HUGE amounts of my time. I sell the home theater stuff not because I need the money, but because it is fun and something I love to do. It is a hobby and it generates a few extra bucks. I have the luxury of recommending things because they work, not because I need to make the sale to meet the rent or payroll. The vast majority of the systems go smoothly and people are happy. When it ceased to be fun, I decided to stop. Klipsch was becoming too much work and taking too much time so I decided to pare way back, drop the line, and specilize in some very niche products. Partially because they happen to be the best and are more suited to the larger spaces a lot of my clients are building in, and partially because they drop ship directly to the customer since I frankly am just out of time in the day and simply don't want to deal with shipping to customers anymore.

Now, as for Roger's mounts. I did put them on the first shipment. I personally put them on the truck myself. The shipping company says the shipment was delivered in full. Somewhere they were misplaced. When he e-mailed and said they didn't arrive, I ordered a second set and sent them off via USPS. After that, I never heard back. I figured he received them a long time ago. The hoop jumping that had to go on with that shipment was epic...the most difficult I've ever had in 29 years selling and installing audio all over the world. Shipping to Croatia turns out to be a bloody nightmare. I even sent a follow up e-mail but that was the last I heard. Happy to issue a refund at this point...it is cheaper than sending out another pair to Croatia.

Lots of folks have ordered from me. I try to treat people fairly. I love the Klipsch products and will continue to defend them...but I've moved on.

Kevin at last some communication.

If you put the mounts on the first shipment, why is there NO paperwork to confirm this. It is very strange that the paperwork I received with the shipment details all the products but no omni-mounts. It is not like they were lost from the shipment, they were never included in the shipment. What about a tracking number for the SECOND shipment, you didn't send me anything? You can answer the question about your integrity on this one by posting the tracking number here right now.

Yes shipping to SLOVENIA is awkward, as I informed you, but DHL do not simply lose products or recreate paperwork removing one item just because it is Slovenia. This is an EU country, not Nigeria! Presumably, if you put a product 'on the truck' personally, then you will have some kind of paperwork to prove that?

I sent you at least 8 emails to your business email via your website, and also as replies to your mail to me, and also PM'd you here on the forum twice, and left 3 messages on your business answering service telephone. How can you say you did not hear from me? Very strange.

Yes, please issue me a refund for the mounts. I believe I paid you $95 plus an amount for shipping which you added to the original shipping quote ( I can dig out the emails if you don't have the details). Incidentally, the shipping you quoted was for door to door, yet DHL said the shipment was only paid up to the airport, so I had to pay $100+ extra to have the goods forwarded to my home. Email me with an email address that actually will get to you and I'll send you a paypal address which will be the easiest way to send the refund.

As for the Crown, you only suggested EQ with it AFTER: I had bought the damn thing - tried to connect it to my Sub without luck - posted on the forum for help (your response to my initial email for help took more than a week) - was told by another forum member that the crown could damage my sub without protection - forwarded this forum response to you for comment!

All in all, the Crown experience cost me over $800 and a month of lost time - complete waste.

I can understand that you became super busy and how easy it is to lose focus when that happens. I did find you a fair and pleasant person to deal with, just much slower than promised (promised 10 days but took 40 days) and terrible communication once the order had been placed and paid for. It was the lack of communication that was most frustrating and caused me to doubt you.

Sweet looking setup. So what was the first thing that you watched?

James

Can you believe it was Stuart Little!!!! I have an 18 month old, and it was just close to his bed time when the setup completed.

I did watch a THX/DTS/Dolby Digital demo DVD also, which blew me away :)

Gladiator is usually my 'test out the new TV' movie, so will no doubt be watching that later, and Master and Commander for a good sub experience ;)

Is battling mold for fun or for the money?

I won't deny the money is decent, it is a problem a lot of people simply don't want to deal with and I've invested a ton in training, equipment, etc. to do it for them. But more importantly, it is for the satisfaction of knowing I am helping people out with a serious problem. Selling audio is fun, but doing the mold and the air quality is far more satisfying.

Jesus Rogert...... from one Roger to another, I think we are tired of your drama...

Sorry, but Kevin has always been a upstanding guy to a lot of us in here. If he sais he did something, I trust him 99.999999% he did..

That said.. Dont drag your personal stuff in here when you can probably do it one on one with him.

Most people have no clue how many some of the old timers in here have helped people from point A to B in here for years. We help each other exchange business, share ideas and get along, too, for the most part.Most people come in get the thing fixed and we never hear from them again. A few stay and continue to learn and evolve too.

Not to be too hard on you dude.... But you have a fantastic system, and probably at a very discounted price as well I am sure. For all the drama you seemed to state on this forum, I am sure you could of just paid for some stands with the savings you got from Kevin and be done with it. To drag this I waited 3 months kinda thing I am sorry, you make yourself sound like a 12 yr old little girl whinning! Do your personal rants on someone in here offline.

WTF Roger!

Yeah well I'd love to take this on a one to one with 'stand up' Kev, but since he has not replied to 12 emails, 4 PM's and 3 phone calls, what do you suggest? He only seems interested in displaying some sembance of integrity when I put this out in public.

No I didn't get a good saving, as I've said several times, dealing with Kevin cost me several thousand dollars extra in the end, plus a heap of hassle.

Good for you that you trust Kevin 99.999999%, he may even be your beer buddy, but to me, he is someone who cost me a few grand and a lot of headache, and who continues to fail to deliver on promises.

Well in the end I did buy crappy stands locally. But just because I bought a Klipsch system doesn't mean I'm so flush I can afford to kiss off money I spent in good faith on products which are still under promise of delivery. I'm frankly a bit surprised you'd suggest it. Perhaps your pockets are deeper than mine.

I'll drop it when the guy actually does what he says he will, but out of respect for you and the rest of the forum members who have been extremely helpful, I'll assume you speak for everyone and won't post again on this issue. Sorry for boring you all with my adolescent whining ;) Best. R

To drag this I waited 3 months kinda thing I am sorry, you make yourself sound like a 12 yr old little girl whinning! Do your personal rants on someone in here offline.

Way out of line, Roger!!! ... If you are tired of it, don't read it!! I personally think Rogert has been a gentleman about all this and he just wants his money back, which Kevin said he would refund. This forum seems to be the only line of communication for him, unfortunately....

Most people have no clue how many some of the old timers in here have helped people from point A to B in here for years. We help each other exchange business, share ideas and get along, too, for the most part.Most people come in get the thing fixed and we never hear from them again. A few stay and continue to learn and evolve too.

He's here looking for help. What's wrong with that??? If Kevin was accessable by other means rogert wouldn't be posting here. Cut the guy some slack. To say he should just go buy something that he's allready paid for is ludicrous. He's been more than patient IMO.

Sorry, but Kevin has always been a upstanding guy to a lot of us in here. If he sais he did something, I trust him 99.999999% he did..

Really? I can recall three good transactions and two pathetic situations involving Kevin on this forum. Maybe I should just link to the other threads so that we're not misled by the facts.

For all the drama you seemed to state on this forum, I am sure you could of just paid for some stands with the savings you got from Kevin and be done with it. To drag this I waited 3 months kinda thing I am sorry, you make yourself sound like a 12 yr old little girl whinning! Do your personal rants on someone in here offline.

Dude, do you even understand the whole situation or did you just read the parts where he was knocking someone you like? I like you Roger, but dude...way outta line.

Jesus Rogert...... from one Roger to another, I think we are tired of your drama...

That said.. Dont drag your personal stuff in here when you can probably do it one on one with him.

Not to be too hard on you dude.... But you have a fantastic system, and probably at a very discounted price as well I am sure. For all the drama you seemed to state on this forum, I am sure you could of just paid for some stands with the savings you got from Kevin and be done with it. To drag this I waited 3 months kinda thing I am sorry, you make yourself sound like a 12 yr old little girl whinning! Do your personal rants on someone in here offline.

Mmmmmmm I dunno Roger, I am thinking the Soundbroker broke his end on this one and it is not the first issue I/we have heard like this. How would you handle the process when one on one attempts at communications have failed. IMO Rogert has been more than reasonable and he has earned his right to voice his grievance publicly.

I will re read it/// re check myself...Thousands of extra dollars spent?? On what?

Your stands cost you thousands of dollars?

I realise Kevin was late getting it to you. He has appologized, not everything is in stock and let's be honest Klipsch has not been on top of all things sent to dealers too. Try ordering anything yourself and get back to me.. Especially specialty items. (See now I might get a good hand slapping now myself from Klipsch.) I doubt he did not send it..(stands) if he said he did... cut him some slack. Things do get lost. I assume you got the right stands now too?

Can I ask a favor?..If, when he finds them, or the coorct invoice or you get them, will you appologise publically to him too?

I want to state I do not know Kevin as a close friend.. We have exchanged emails and ideas, and answered a lot of peoples questions on here. That's about as much as my relationship is with him. Most people, when the THX system came out, got a lot of help from him on room design, speaker placement what other equipment to use too.

My big problem was calling him or anyone out publically, which I do have a problem on a public forum. Ask him for help, ask Amy to intervine or who the Klipsch rep might help you too offline and get it settled.

LarryC in Oct, gave you the info....... a few days later you said you would contact her... and move on with it.

That's
not a great story. You should be able to get those from Klipsch in
short order. I can't find an international support no., so I suggest
you e-mail Amy at Amy.Unger@klipsch.com, and she will tell you how to do it so you don't have to struggle with a problem dealer.

Larry

Asking for help saying is he lost or is a he a good or bad guy all fair. I felt in my opinion the other info was going over and crossing a line.

If I am out of line as some of you think, Sorry, Rogert, I will go back n re read it...

In Kevins words...

Now, as for Roger's mounts. I did put them on the first shipment. I
personally put them on the truck myself. The shipping company says the
shipment was delivered in full. Somewhere they were misplaced. When he
e-mailed and said they didn't arrive, I ordered a second set and sent
them off via USPS. After that, I never heard back. I figured he
received them a long time ago. The hoop jumping that had to go on with
that shipment was epic...the most difficult I've ever had in 29 years
selling and installing audio all over the world. Shipping to Croatia
turns out to be a bloody nightmare. I even sent a follow up e-mail but
that was the last I heard. Happy to issue a refund at this point...it
is cheaper than sending out another pair to Croatia.

Lots of folks have ordered from me. I try to treat people fairly. I love the Klipsch products and will continue to defend them...

OK, so Kevin please if you can, and prove it and we will say sorry to doubt you.

As far as the 2nd shipment if you did not hear from him, then I agree with you...Why worry it was not sent? Did the second set arrive? Do you have a invoice?

Why did you say to use the crown? Did he not buy the ka1000 amp and subs? (that is the perfect match we all know ... I have no idea of his whole system?)

I, too, have sent stuff overseas, some stuff gets separated, some down right stolen, and I am sure some just arrives later without any address on the package too,...(so after a while sold to the "public." read back office dishonest postal workers.) I am still at a loss why you lost 1000's of dollars Rogert? you said ,Well in the end I did buy crappy stands locally. But just because I
bought a Klipsch system doesn't mean I'm so flush I can afford to kiss
off money I spent in good faith on products which are still under
promise of delivery. I'm frankly a bit surprised you'd suggest it.

Ok so my suggestion should have been, go out and find some stands...afterall, he offered to send you cash... take it and move on... Again, your talking about stands here,,,, He stated your stands are what, 95 dollars each? Then you claim 1000's of dollars lost....Enjoyment for a while..maybe..no stands are gonna run you 1000's of dollars unless your buying some high end esoteric ones to begin with... That's what so perplexed me?

Roger, I will PM you with the answers to your questions as I've already posted all the details here and this thread is long enough ;)

Really, I just wanted to get the products I paid for or a refund. Up till now, this forum has been the only way to reliably contact Kevin since shortly after my payment went through (even though I got same day replies to all my emails before placing the order).

Thanks for all the support from everyone.