Khorn 60th anniversary style backs

rbakedq

Rick; I think much improved. Deeper a tightrer bass. And yes I did it because I wanted to be able to angle them better. I also, was having problems getting them sealed using foam. Groom, In my case, no need for a bottom as I have wood floors. I sealed the bottom of the tail board and the backs with felt.

Rich

Deeper????? Not so... mouth cutoff will control that,,, tighter bass???? not possible,,,SOME puffery here ,,, ..

What if I cut off my vertical dove tail? This would allow re-oreintation and still allow bass woof to hit the corner. Kinda of the way electro-voice did the aristricrats and other folded horns but with no vertical dove tail. Would this eliminate the puffery?

Maybe I will just delete the post or the link to the photos. Lets just leave it that backs make NO differece what so ever. I have done other mods and updates, but give the responce from some posters I am not going to post them. I thought I was trying to help others. I am PUFFING now: I think what I came up with is clever, easy to do, low in cost, and accomplishes what false corners and backs are supposed to do. Bye.....

but give the responce from some posters I am not going to post them. I thought I was trying to help others. I am PUFFING now: I think what I came up with is clever, easy to do, low in cost, and accomplishes what false corners and backs are supposed to do. Bye.....

Just in case it's not clear (which on me re-reading I highly doubt it is...) my bong picture wasn't directed at you nor your comments nor was it really in support of Maron's comments....merely an attempt (in vain) to be 'cute'.

There's only one really 'contra' comment on this thread although in retrospect I can see how mine might be viewed to be in support of it. I'm sorry if my comment came across as ganging up....wasn't my intent, really. If it was part of an offense to you then I apologize.

Been there done that 25 years ago,, a project in futility,,,,what I heard,, what I measured showed a waste of time. I stand by my comment of pufferey and hot air on the project,,,, There is alot of this going on,,on this forum. No offense though..

Coytee: I did missinterpret you post sorry

No apologies needed by you at all. I'm just glad that we are now on the same page.....now.... shall I pass you the bong? [:o]

I might add that the only reason I thought of that was my recent trip to Istanbul earlier this year. I saw hundreds of these things and actually, wanted to buy one.

I've never smoked (anything) in my life so having something like this is more of a converstation piece for me as it would never be used. I then figured it would probably get smashed during my trip home so I passed on getting one (as well as not wanting all my friends to wonder what I've been hiding from them [;)])

By the way... nice looking work on your enclosures!

If you go to the following link you can see how I did the backs. They turned out much better than I expected, and not very hard to do.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rbakedq/Khorn60thAnniversaryStyleBacks#

Parts list: 8' 2x10, 4x8x3/4" mfd, eye bolts, toggle bolts, screws, weatherstip, felt and paint

Rich

Rich,

Looks good and doesn't appear to be too complicated. Nice work.

Coytee - A bong might be considered drug paraphenelia in some parts so may not be a good idea to transport accross borders?

A bong might be considered drug paraphenelia in some parts so may not be a good idea to transport accross borders?

As long as it wasn't tested before transporting it. [*-)] The authorities would find nothing...

Nice simple way to enclose the backs. I like it. Maron just gets grumpy...