Quartets - Implementing in Home Theater

Blacknapkins

Hello,

Looking for opinions on speaker combinations with my Klipsch Quartets.

I have an Onkyo TX-DS898 7.1 110 W/ch with the Quartets now. I would like to use Klipsch KSW-15 Sub-Woofer, the RC-7 Center Channel, and the RS-3 II for the Surrounds. Will these compliment the Quartets?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich - Ahhh, a lively topic indeed. You might do a search on Quartet/Forte in this forum and see what you find. They are somewhat similar speakers, and the center speaker options would be about the same. If you want new, I've seen people use KLF-C7 (on Ebay/Ubid for a song) and RC-3/7. But the better match is probably the discontinued Academy (one on Ebay right now -- see the other thread in this forum). Another alternative is the discontinued KV-3.

Doug

------------------

My System

I have a set of Quartets for mains now and am looking at upgrading. How would a pair of KLF-10s sound as mains and moving the Quartets to the rear? Currently using a KG 2.2V as center (replace with Academy - if I stay w/ Quartets as mains, or KLF-C7 if I get the KLF-10s mains) and SW-10 sub (replace with SVS 16-49CS+ in either case). The big question: Will the KLF-10s mix with the Quartets? Thanks.

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

=====================================