Pilgrimage Postponed Until Further Notice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They heard I was thinking of coming since March would work for me and went into panic mode. Now it's a question of gamesmanship.

I'll float a date and they will hem and hum. Spies will be dispatched to steal my personal calender. Rollodexes will be rifled, tea leaves read.

Who will blink first?

Well not me. I've managed to obtain certain devices used in the movie Clockwork Orange. As long as I don't run out of eyedrops, they will will have to fold.

Hey all,

I have been lurking for a while and saw this thread, and I was going to try to get away this year - ya'll just kept setting the gathering my daughter's 1st and 2nd birthdays! I would have my *&^$ handed to me on a plate if I skipped the b-days right now, but I was will to make a run on the 3rd b-day (or bring her with me - I already have her Heresy stereo set up for her...).

However, I too miss the GoatRoper and that crazy drive to get out there...I would definitely be up for an unofficial Hope gathering sometime soon - good chance to meet up with SETI and SeaD and the boys...

So count me in.

K

One of my favorite audio gatherings was arranged by the Arkansas Klipsch group about three years ago in Hope. Trey and Colter came down from Indy and several of us came up from the Dallas area for the weekend. We did get a surprise Klipsch plant tour (thanks to Trey), but the event was not a Klipsch sponsored weekend.

Hey all,

I have been lurking for a while and saw this thread, and I was going to try to get away this year - ya'll just kept setting the gathering my daughter's 1st and 2nd birthdays! I would have my *&^$ handed to me on a plate if I skipped the b-days right now, but I was will to make a run on the 3rd b-day (or bring her with me - I already have her Heresy stereo set up for her...).

However, I too miss the GoatRoper and that crazy drive to get out there...I would definitely be up for an unofficial Hope gathering sometime soon - good chance to meet up with SETI and SeaD and the boys...

So count me in.

K

A good times at the GoatRoper. BTW I didn't know goat roper was a derogatory term until recently.

A goat roper is a wannabe rancher or a cowboy poser. Goat ropers have
the 4x4 pickup and the cowboy hat, but no cattle, horses, brain, or
land.

That was a hell of a good time...

That was a hell of a good time...

yes, yes it was. My cornwalls have never sounded so good as they did with Dee's crazy fine amp and SeaD's Scott 130. I still have nightmares involving surreal life forms emerging out of gigantic watermelon-pods.

woo

Forrest,

I still remember your first introduction to Whitacre - I have since met the man, and sat through a mastercalss with him, and the story makes the music even more fascinating - and that stuff is still sublime...I was happy to pass it along. Simpler times without all of the corporate sponsorship, just the hotel breakfast nook, Mike Colter with the wild hair and Crites swapping out crossovers...Remember when that was the pinnacle of experience?

K

Forrest,

I still remember your first introduction to Whitacre - I have since met the man, and sat through a mastercalss with him, and the story makes the music even more fascinating - and that stuff is still sublime...I was happy to pass it along. Simpler times without all of the corporate sponsorship, just the hotel breakfast nook, Mike Colter with the wild hair and Crites swapping out crossovers...Remember when that was the pinnacle of experience?

K

OH YEAH... Seti giving me the Kama Sutra soundtrack CD (to this day one of my A list demo discs) - and the zoo that was us being quiet so I could listen to a S.E.T. amp for the first time. Sublime.... still a fascinating listen. Whitacre... wow.. pretty heady stuff that!

finding out that Fini was'nt an auto-bot was a revelation too.

woo

Forrest,

K

OH YEAH... Seti giving me the Kama Sutra soundtrack CD (to this day one of my A list demo discs) - and the zoo that was us being quiet so I could listen to a S.E.T. amp for the first time. Sublime.... still a fascinating listen. Whitacre... wow.. pretty heady stuff that!

finding out that Fini was'nt an auto-bot was a revelation too.

woo

Cool glad you like the CD it is a good one. Fortunately my girlfriend shares my love of Indian music and Balinese percusion.

I wasn't happy with Canary Audio SET amps in that setting. I should have brought my preamp and fully horn loaded speakers would have helped. Too bad you couldn't have heard them in an optimal sized room on my Belles at the time.

If we have another gathering I hope you can make it.

Forrest,

K

....and we learned from Michael Colter how to thoroughly check out an audio system [:D]

post-14182-1381941962197_thumb.jpg

gawd, I haven't listened like that for ages. actually I haven't really done much music listening at all in ages...

was that the first trip? that's when I flew down with Trey and that sucker kept the factory visit a secret the whole time down...remember we all met just to meet and to walk through the musuem with no promise of even viewing the Holy Land.

gawd, I haven't listened like that for ages. actually I haven't really done much music listening at all in ages...

was that the first trip? that's when I flew down with Trey and that sucker kept the factory visit a secret the whole time down...remember we all met just to meet and to walk through the musuem with no promise of even viewing the Holy Land.

It was indeed a trip.

Dude with those fine speakers you should have them running everyday.

Hey man is that freedom rock well turn it up :)

Mike & Roger,

I will be happy to attend also and give a pep talk primer on acoustcs if there is interest. Just name the place and date and I will do my best to be there. We can thump it even if the company can't this year. We certainly have enough speakers to go around. I am sure we could borrow some Palladium also if there is interest.

Professor Thump

Yup the economy and the collateral dammage is awesome.

Well hopefully things will pep-up so that there will be a pilgrimage in '09 this last one was a lot of fun...

That and I don't want to think about the effect of it staying this bad (or getting worse) for much longer..

• 1 month later...

If anything is planned, count me in. Heres an idea to kick around -- There are so many threads on the charactoristics of speaker "X" vs. speaker "Y" vs speaker "Z". Or how would speaker "X" sound with SS, tube etc. If different amplification is available attendees would be encouraged to bring a pair of their own speakers. We could get an official speaker list going and try to get as many pairs of different speakers to show up--discontinued to current. Oooohh....Jay, fly down the RB-75[:D]; I'll show up with RB-81 etc, etc. Just a thought....