Pilgrimage Postponed Until Further Notice

I once talked about having a Jubestock here on the farm. Enough land that we could have it outside, frigging crank it to the sky and no one would care. Wife said nothing is going to happen until we get the remodel done... they're now doing it although once they get it done, I'll have a lot of landscaping to redo next spring.

I liked the idea of outdoors, cooking out, camping out (for those inclined).

I still like the idea and in fact, just the other day was going over it in my head again.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know Bob... if this were to happen and you were able to bring your 510's then with those alone we could try:

1. Jubilees w/402 (K69)

2. Jubilees w/510 (B&C driver)

3. Jubilees w/510 (K69)

4. LaScalas with Al K's ES networks (stock drivers)

5. JubeScalas with your 510 (B&C driver)

6. JubeScalas with your 510 (K69 driver)

7. JubeScalas with K402 (K69)

And ohhhhhhhh, to think if we could bribe someone who owns some TAD's to bring them along...

Out in the open, no room issues to deal with, no neighbors to deal with... The mind tires thinking about the flexability we'd have doing this outdoors with no constraints. (other than electricity BUT...by then, I might have some extra outlets downstairs that I could use!)

post-15072-13819435524934_thumb.jpg

If anything is planned, count me in. Heres an idea to kick around -- There are so many threads on the charactoristics of speaker "X" vs. speaker "Y" vs speaker "Z". Or how would speaker "X" sound with SS, tube etc. If different amplification is available attendees would be encouraged to bring a pair of their own speakers. We could get an official speaker list going and try to get as many pairs of different speakers to show up--discontinued to current. Oooohh....Jay, fly down the RB-75Big Smile; I'll show up with RB-81 etc, etc. Just a thought....

My place is MADE for this- with the comparator in the gallery, a huge shop space with lots of floor space and Klipsch Pro gear, we could do all kinds of comparisons. Enough room for lots of folks here, and the neighbors are just as crazy as me so what are they gonna say?

• 1 month later...

and the neighbors are just as crazy as me...

Didn't think that was really possible... Stick out tongue

The guy right across the side street is a military historian type. He has a fully restored Willys Jeep that he runs around regularly, a Bell helicopter that he used to fly out of the neighborhood, and a Nam era copter that he pulls out on the lawn for American holidays. Oh yeah, and a carbon-arc searchlight truck in blue/grey urban camo. And he's a pryo nut so there's always stuff blowing up in my neighborhood.

The folks in back of me have 4 generations living in their home and hold an annual camporee with dozens of kids and live outdoor bands for a couple of weeks every summer.

Trust me, no one is going to complain about noise here!

Ya know Bob... if this were to happen and you were able to bring your 510's then with those alone we could try:

1. Jubilees w/402 (K69)

2. Jubilees w/510 (B&C driver)

3. Jubilees w/510 (K69)

4. LaScalas with Al K's ES networks (stock drivers)

5. JubeScalas with your 510 (B&C driver)

6. JubeScalas with your 510 (K69 driver)

7. JubeScalas with K402 (K69)

And ohhhhhhhh, to think if we could bribe someone who owns some TAD's to bring them along...

Out in the open, no room issues to deal with, no neighbors to deal with... The mind tires thinking about the flexability we'd have doing this outdoors with no constraints. (other than electricity BUT...by then, I might have some extra outlets downstairs that I could use!)

Sweet I am in, where can I poop?

post-21984-13819445883858_thumb.jpg

The guy right across the side street is a military historian type. He has a fully restored Willys Jeep that he runs around regularly, a Bell helicopter that he used to fly out of the neighborhood, and a Nam era copter that he pulls out on the lawn for American holidays. Oh yeah, and a carbon-arc searchlight truck in blue/grey urban camo. And he's a pryo nut so there's always stuff blowing up in my neighborhood.

Maybe you should team up for the 4th of July .... hang some pro gear off the chopper and fly around playing military marches and the like?

The folks in back of me have 4 generations living in their home and hold an annual camporee with dozens of kids and live outdoor bands for a couple of weeks every summer.

Camping with live bands? Might make it worth the trouble...