what's a good second subwoofer to go with the pro's?

k27-R

nothing too expensive. it's just that the promedia sub can only really be "felt" at the computer desk. I guess that's the sweet spot, but if i stand anywhere else in the room, the sub cannot be felt at all. that may also have to do with the accoustics of the room....but i want something that will fill the room. something with deep, tight and accurate bass response. when i walk in the room while music playing, i wanna feel it in my chest biggrin.gif

nothing too expensive tho! redface.gif

The Sony WM40 12" sub is supposed to be a great value for what it can do. Not exactly the most accurate sub, but for the money it does what it does well. MSRP is $250, but print this out and take it to Sears. Since they price match internet websites, you'll be getting it for nearly half off. smile.gif

Well, I ordered the Sony sub, and it'll be here pretty damn soon!!!!! I got it for 159 USD (from one of the sites I got from pricegrabber.com). Yea, musically it shouldn't be THE best sub, but ah well. If you DO want a sub that'll pound the living hell outta the Pro's sub, look no further than the JBL PB10. It's PERFECT for everything, movies, music, gaming... (only complaint is it's auto-off, so if you go TOO low, it turns itself off, but that's a small thing). The JBL can be had for 200 USD (check pricegrabber.com). The JBL PB12, a 12" version of the PB10, can be had for 250 USD, so depends on your budget.

As for size, well, the Sony is a little taller, yea, but hell, if the JBL's are outta your price range, GET THE SONY!!!! It's pretty much THE best sub you're gonna find anywhere in that range, save for the JBL's.

If you want nice, HUGE pics of all these subs, head over to http://www.crutchfield.com/ and look 'em up.

If you are interested in the SAWM40, well, I ordered it last monday (I'm in Canada), so it SHOULD be here within the next few days, and I'll give ya some opinions.

Oh, and as for that one for 129? I tried to use Borderfree.com (very easy to order stuff from states to Canada using this) to order the sub from this place, but Borderfree told me that you CAN'T order from that site, so take it for what it's worth.

GET THE SONY!!!!!

lol, I just got it 20 minutes ago (unfortunately, that's all I got, speakers will probably be a couple days away), and all I have to say is WOW!. I listened to the Pro sub for 20 minutes in a small audio store, in a listening booth, and I listened to the 10" Quintet sub, and those can't even hold a candle to this thing! Already, my ears are in pain, and that's just from turning the damn thing upto 10% volume! (I LOVE RECIEVERS!!)

As for music, well I played some mp3's with it, and it seems a LITTLE sluggish in those parts, but it's still damn saweet smile.gif

I can't believe you guy's are buying "second" subs for you Klipsch Promedia's!!

I have the V2.400 and I can't believe the strength of the bass coming from the sub, maybe you got a defective sub?!

Boom, you wanna talk about BOOM! My Pro's sub has so much boom, that my car (that is parked on the same side of the house that my office is on) had its windows rattled by the Pro's sub... now thats bass!

I would consider looking into getting your sub's checked out or something, no lack of bass here!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

I am sure their sub is fine.. I think they just cought the bass bug and want even more

------------------

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

-------------------------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

FOP38 & CuShim

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GTS

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 & Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A Sony 12X DVD

SBLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

Sony CPD-G400 19" Triny

Pro 4.1 are comin!!!!!!!!

Personally I'd go with the ksw-15 if you can afford it.... like paragon said... bass bug has bitten and now I am smitten, smitten with the need for more bass!!!! I also agree with movie freak, my sub is set up underneath a drafting desk 'bout 2 feet from my queen sized bed, volume on the computer is at 1/2 and volume on pod is at 1/2 for mains, subwoofer at 10 o'clock position and I can feel the bass through the bed, AND if you call in one minute... no, but about 15 feet away from the sub I can hear a picture frame rattling around, now I know what people meant by, thundering bass and room shaking.. go klipsch go,, maybe I can get an 8.2 system set up... hmmm

svs man, i'm tellin ya. you won't regret it.

you can stop pace makers from 300 yards with that sucker.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

192MB Crucial PC100

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply