You Too Can Be A Deity

thebes

Yes folks why should Eric Clapton get to have all the fun. "Clapton is God" Harruumph! I can do that.

Why indeed. I have just assumed godhead. Well at least on the internet.

That's right folks do a google for "Thebes is God" and my name will pop right up.

I got tired of living in a monotheistic culture. I'm fascinated by all those gods the Japanese and Indians have. It's time to liven up Western thought and go back to the good old days when we had guys like Zeus and Mars etc. hanging out in a cool Greek temple and messing with peoples lives. Not to mention various American Indian tribes that worshiped various critters and trees and stuff. Besides, I'm kinda sweet on Venus, and if she learns I'm a god she just might give me a tumble.

Now before my Catholic, Christian, Jewish and Muslim friends here can their panties all bunched up, just slow down for a minute. All of these religions teach that there is but one true god and we are all aspects of him. So if you following the reasoning (this is Thebes reasoning not learned religious scholar reasoning) even as A god, I'm simply an aspect of the one true god. Or is he/she simply an aspect of me?

I don't know and I get a strange swelling in my head when I think about it too long. All I know, is that Clapton's been getting all the action and I'm jealous.

Now before you shout blasphemy, consider this. While I was at it I made Fini a god.

God help us all (thought I'd beat you to it Fini).

I think you had better make an offering to the God of punctuation - even deities need all the support they can get....

Interestingly the main God worshipped in ancient Thebes (now Thiva - been there many times) was Dionysus - who would have been right up Thebes Street - so to speak. God of wine women and fornication - not to put too fine a point on it.

Good party God.

I'm humbled before all your comments. Or are you humbled before me?

Oh, oh, my heads getting that achy, swollen feeling again. This god stuff ain't so simple.

Hey Max! This dinosaurscoress Greek babe, do you think she'd let me call her Dixie?

I'm humbled before all your comments. Or are you humbled before me?

That's how most S&M relationships start - role allocation.

Oh, oh, my heads getting that achy, swollen feeling again. This god stuff ain't so simple.

A common problem for Greek deities too - caused lots of bad tempers, thunderbolts and the raping of women whilst disguised as a swan (no - I never fully got that one either - yet to meet a Greek woman who wants to get it on with a swan.)

Hey Max! This dinosaurscoress Greek babe, do you think she'd let me call her Dixie?

Why not - gender allocation can be so random sometimes and so restricting to a mangod such as yourself - eager to explore the bounds of your powers. I'd ply him with plenty of wine first though...

Interestingly the main God worshipped in ancient Thebes (now Thiva - been there many times) was Dionysus - who would have been right up Thebes Street - so to speak. God of wine women and fornication - not to put too fine a point on it.

Good party God.

Don't know about all this God stuff and such, but I'll admit that Dionysus was one bad-*** heavy metal band before they broke up, though! [8]