A/V receiver rec's for Klipsch KG 3.2's

mspa

I know this is bass ackwards, but I really like the KG 3.2's I just got, but they don't sound so great on the Yamaha R-V701 receiver I have. The surround speakers I have setup are JBL SCS 110's that work well enough for movies. I have the KG 3.2's on the B speaker connection. The Yamaha has 80 wpc for the front three speakers, and 15 wpc on the rear speakers, but the manual doesn't say anything about the "B speakers", but I assume they are 80 wpc? Maybe I need to change my setup?

I bought the Yamaha back in 1996, and wouldn't mind upgrading, but I see so many receivers like Denon, Kenwood and Yamaha on craigs, that I have no way of knowing what will sound good, short of driving to everyone's house with my speakers to test, which I won't be doing for obvious reasons. So I hope to hear from anyone with experience to at least direct me to certain manufacturer's, models, year range, power minimum, etc. . . . anything to help me narrow my focus.

I'm on a tight budget, and I realize at some point, I will most likely find myself looking for my second pair of Klipsch, on a higher level, but I need to optimize what I know I'll have for at least the next year.

Onkyo's TX-SR605? Very reasonable, about 80 wpc. and has the HDMI audio pass through, etc. Very reliable. They also have the "b" system which you can have the amp in one room and a pair of speakers in another without listeting to your main system. I have the 705's which are identical except they have 5 or 10 wpc more; one in the living room and one in the MBR.Just a thought.