Tweeter biting the dust!

skonopa

Damn! After spending who knows how much money in that place, I just found out that Tweeter is closing up for good!

One of my friends e-mailed me this article from the Boston Herald about it. I'll pop in the one here tomorrow, as I was eying a new Panamax power conditioner for my HT setup to replace this ancient one that I currently have. Maybe I'll go and grab it up tomorrow, then.

This sucks, but then again, having been in there a couple of times recently kinda showed the writing on the wall. They did not have anywhere near the selection they had before, plus they used to have some pretty high-end gear there in the past, including Krell, that I don't see anymore. Even the car audio section was looking pretty thin. They used to have some pretty sick setups in there, with Audison amps, focal speakers, JL Audio subs (including the mighty W7 series) really high-end head units and so forth, but not anymore. Used to love going in there and trying some of this stuff out with my trusty collection of prog/power metal (and got some interesting looks from some folks in the ine meantime [6]).

This royally sucks, but hopefully the local really high-end Raven Hi-Fi and Home Theater outfit will be able to weather this out as I would like to buy a B&K Ref 70 pre/pro off of them after the holidays. I guess my Tweeter card is going to be no good now.