Cornwalls - bare wire only?

magus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Marvel indicated, that's what the barrier strips were originally made for (as in Before Monster Cable era). 12 gauge will fit, tightly, and when crimped, they will never come off!!! LOL!!

What's your address over there? I'll round up some #6 forks, some #8 forks and some "5 way banana jacks" for you and send them. You can either use the forks, or remove the barrier strips, and install the jacks instead. That way you can use your really nice cables.

PS. no cost; just glad to help one of our Forum brothers over in the land of Chopin!!!

> Maciej, Got it; today's a National Holiday (Veteran's Day), so they will leave tomorrow enroute to Warszawa.

bless ya' :)

(In Poland we got the Independence Day today - in 1918 Poland became independent again ofter 123 years under Russia, Prussia and Austria-Hungary rule)

Guest David H

I bought these - look like those James got and they have adapters for bananas

size seems ok and if I'm wrong they are not expensive

http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170274581055&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:PL:31

I have used these terminals, they work good but are brittle. The best luck I have had with these on the cornwalls

is to move the banana plug adapter to the position that oposes the fork instead of the perpendicular position. This keeps the load

minimized on the forks.

post-24405-13819426643072_thumb.jpg

GotHover ,

Thanks, I will remember that. Hope bananas do no slip out of the terminals in this position.

Anyway, looks like got everything arranged plus a little more. All I have to do now is sit down and wait for all the puzzles to arrive :)

Thank you all guys (Groomlakearea51, I'm waiting for the opportunity to pay you back)

Thank you all guys (Groomlakearea51, I'm waiting for the opportunity to pay you back)

Don't worry about it!! been working straight 18 hours a day for the last five days so been delayed on shipping anything. They will leave tomorrow. In any event, pay back? Shot of nice ice cold Polish vodka when my wife and I escape and come back to Europe for a few weeks in a couple years after we get the kids out of the house!!! I always wanted to visit Poland, but have been restricted from travel to any former "Warsay Pact" nation for 10 years after active duty with the military. Restrictions expired so I can go anywhere I want unless it's on the current restricted list.

>Shot of nice ice cold Polish vodka when my wife and I escape and come back to Europe for a few weeks in a couple years after we get the kids out of the house!!! I always wanted to visit Poland, but have been restricted from travel to any former "Warsay Pact" nation for 10 years after active duty with the military. Restrictions expired so I can go anywhere I want unless it's on the current restricted list.

Well, would love to, but might not be easy. In general, Polish vodka ain't the same as it used to be some 20 years ago. Strange but true. But still, I will get something decent :)

And I don't think there should be any restrictions any more as Poland has been in NATO for some ten years now! Actually, you could come and assist with this missile shield project, unless Obama vetos it :)

Anyway, I will be ready!

Nice,

I will have to dig up some pics as well. I went all over the country as well. I was in Sarajevo many times and also down to Mostar. As a matter of fact we flew all over that area. I have a pic with my next to the blown up T55 they had up on this giant pluton overlooking Mostar. Did you ever get the chance to go to Dubrovnik, and who can forget the Sipovic!! I also made up to Zagreb and various parts of Croatia. I got a bit dicey at times, but I will never forget the place. I tell my wife that if it is ever truly stable, that I would love to take her there.

The bridge at Mostar! The tank in the picture is the infamous "rent-a-tank" the Croats had in Kiseljak just outside SJ. They "rented" it to the Serbs and the Bosnians with the agreement that (a) it had to be returned filled up with fuel... and (B) could not be used against Croats. It was finally disabled on the overpass on the west end of SJ in the picture. We were first deployed tp Zagreb and then deployed in from there. I spent the very few days off I had in Dubrovnik, but my favorite place was Split up the road a ways. We were machine gunned, RPG'd, etc several times, but other than a splinter in my leg, came through in one piece. It's probably safe now.

Hey if you want you could go to part's express and by some binding post and plates and put some good binding post on to take some good wire , Also depends what you are hoking them up with ? what's amp what is your power rating on your amp . it's not a hard task all you need is a drill with some drill bits and a screw gun . I once did of pair of my heresy this way I use some cardas binding post and ran some good wire form my amp it's all up to you it's a a matter of just bare wire or wire with spades or pin connectors or banana

Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice. I will see Groomlake51's stuff and that I have ordered from eBay. If it doesn't work (which I don't expect) I will keep exploring further on.

At the beginning I'm going to use my old British Musical Fidelity A1. It's got some 25W in class A, which I don't dare to turn up over half of its power with 87 dB Celestions in my 15x15 feet room. So I guess 99 dB Cornwalls will be more than satisfied as long as power is concerned.

If it's possible I would like to avoid changing the terminals. Why? Well... I'm not quite sure. But I reckon if they have been good enough for 25 years now (and the loudspeakers appear to have been taken care of real well), why should I treat them with a boring machine without giving a chance? :). But if they don't behave, I will change the posts to more convenient ones .

Anyway, thanks for your consideration and I will let you know how everything works. But I expect them to arrive no sooner than in 3 weeks, or even just before Christmas.