Sub 12

tommyboy

I purchased one of these today from CC. I did quite a bit of research last night on it; well, I read a LOT of reviews on it anyway. So, I got it home, plugged it in, with my RW10, and was completely blown away. I honestly don't even need the RW10! I have it on "reserve" just in case I want to show off to some friends or something. Anyway, if you are in the market for a "budget" sub, you won't find a better deal. On a new sub anyway. Easily a 5 out of 5. Especially for the price!!! All in all, this is one SERIOUS 500 dollar sub!

You are right, the SUB 12 is one of the better budget subs out there. I know you have already brought it home but before your 30 days are up, consider the RSW-10d. Vann's has been selling the cherry model for $499.00(MSRP is $1299.00) for some time now. Let me tell you it literally blows the doors off my RW-10d. It is considerally better for HT but for music it is the perfect compliment for my RF-63's. I know the SUB 12 will play louder(published specs) but for tightness/cleanness and overall accuracy, the cherry RSW-10d for $499.00 is the deal of the day/year.

Bill

I picked up my first sub last Saturday night at Best Buy. I have also been reading and studying for

years it seems and finally found one at the right price. Got it for $349. And when I got it all plugged

in and got the settings fairly well fixed, well, I am more than pleased. This thing adds a new

dimension to sound. Still not sure if my crossover is right but it sounds great. I will continue to

finetune and am sure it will be even better.

No, the living room where my system is set up has no place in a corner I can use. I set it up at the

sweet spot and then crawled around the room on my knees (had to wait for the wife to leave lest

her suspicions of my sanity would be proven) and the best sound was up front by my floor

standers so I put it there. I have wooden floors with tile but the boominess I controlled with the gain.

It is not the optimum but until I can get a conventional room for a home theater it will have to do.

A friend has a sub in the corner and it works great in that position. Sometimes ya just gotta make

do with what ya have.

I watched the Best Buy web site religiously until last Friday when it was on sale for 379.99 or so. It was a pre-Thanksgiving sale, two days only. Printed a copy of the ad and went to Fort Smith Saturday night. When I got there I told a BB employee what I wanted and he retrieved one for me. I put it on a cart and headed to the cable aisle to get a SW cable when another BB associate noticed the box and remarked what a great speaker it was. Then he said the box had been opened and I could get some off for that. He got a manager and the guy said he would knock 10% off if I still wanted it. I said heck yea so I got it for $349.99, full warranty. I was pleased.

The Sub 12 is listed at 469.00 most of the time but everyonce in a while they would drop the price to

429.00. About every three months or so they would run it at 379.00 for a weekend. I'm thinking in

this economy you will see it offered for less in just a few days. Watch the web site the day before

Thanksgiving. Black Friday might see some great prices.

The sub is everthing I thought it would be. It almost is too much for my room but I will manage. For

the price it certainly delivers.

No, the living room where my system is set up has no place in a corner I can use. I set it up at the

sweet spot and then crawled around the room on my knees (had to wait for the wife to leave lest

her suspicions of my sanity would be proven) and the best sound was up front by my floor

standers so I put it there. I have wooden floors with tile but the boominess I controlled with the gain.

It is not the optimum but until I can get a conventional room for a home theater it will have to do.

A friend has a sub in the corner and it works great in that position. Sometimes ya just gotta make

do with what ya have.

Ya, I hear what you're saying bout makin due with what you have. The corner was the only place to put mine, so I was surprised to see that's where Klipsch recommends putting it........

post-16545-13819427027386_thumb.jpg