Good Bye my Friend

HarryO

Although I never had the pleasure of conversation with you I can tell that you were highly respected for your input and steadfast convictions to what you believed to be true. As a Texan I was taught by my father that your word and handshake means more than an signature or contract, it sounds as if you are a man of his word, I am a man that knows not how to express himself in times like these so I give to you a saying that I grew up with in my adult word: Fair Winds and Following Seas to You on the Travels You Embark Upon; Your Guidance from Above Comes to Us Tenfold Since Your Depature. Rest easy shipmate, stand relieved from your watch.

Michael Welch

Chief Petty Officer United States Navy (Retired)

• Like 2

And we will not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning them that are
asleep, that you be not sorrowful, even as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died, and rose again; even so them who have slept through Jesus, will God bring with him.

-- I Thessalonians 4:12-13

Enter into your rest, Rob. We'll keep praying for your family.

• Like 1

From June 21 thread as the Buckster and I quipped back and forth about the recently released Stones Imax film

.." May the Good Lord, Shine A Light On You ; Make Every Song You Sing, Your Favorite Tune " ... Indeed !!!!

May the Good Lord shine a light on YOU Rob!

yer buddy,

Michael

I had the privilege to have met Rob via the Klipsch Forum, and considered him as a friend. We corresponded via email on many occasions, but I must say that I believed I would have been greatly rewarded to have met him in person. Rob had an appreciation for life, a quick if ascerbic wit, and a passion for our common interests that earned him respect and admiration of so many members of the Forum.

As a fellow Vietnam era veteran, Rob has my utmost respect for his service, dedication and loyalty to our country. I can only say that he certainly faced the last challenge with integrity and bravery, and while making the ultimate sacrifice, has done so with honor and dignity.
Prayers for Rob, and prayers for his wife, Barb, and his family.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness

for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk

through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me

all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the LORD

forever.

May the Lord grant eternal peace unto you, Old Buckster.

• Like 1

I'm sure going to miss him. He was one of those special members that kept me checking in here from time to time. He gave a sense of familiarity within this group like a grampa who kept the light on in the kitchen with a hot pot of coffee and a deck of cards. I'm sure he got a lot of friendship and distraction from this forum and I hope that I was able to entertain him as much as he entertained me.

If anyone has any doubt what a fan of music the Buckster was, just head down to the Music and Movies section, pick on about any weekly review (Thebe's thread that was frequently started by others including Rob), and read OB's reviews of Creedence Clearwater's WIlly and the Poor Boys, Jaco Pastorius, or The Rolling Stones.

He and I had a great exchange this summer trying to out-write each other when reviewing Shine a Light, the latest Stones movie. Check it out at:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/107742.aspx

OB had style, class, passion, and a way with words.