Good Bye my Friend

HarryO

Wow, what an unfortunate change of events. Deepest condolences to the family (man, talk about brutal timing with the holidays and all that).

I'm gonna miss butting heads with the ol buckster - I was kinda hoping to meet him in person some day.

• Moderators

I just finished reading the "Oldbuckster Update" thread and noticed this thread.

First of all Harry, thank you for keeping all of us updated. It's a tough role to take on, but you did an admirable job.

Oldbuckster had a truly amazing spirit. A lot of his posts were in jest and some folks didn't know exactly how to take Rob. I had the chance to correspond via email with Rob on several occasions. If he noticed I wasn't posting for a while he would send me a note and ask what was going on?, are you okay???? He was quite the family man and took his reponsibilities as a father and husband seriously. He valued his friends on this forum....it Jacksonbart's words....Oldbuckster considered this forum and its members "Top Notch". If Oldbuckster didn't love this place so much I can assure you he wouldn't have "hung out" with us.

Even in death he continues to touch the members of this forum, including those who never really "knew" him. His quick witted humor will be sadly missed by all of us that knew and loved him. He was truly the "grandpa in the kitchen", as one member stated. You could count on Oldbuckster to speak his mind and stand by his convictions. I truly loved him for that. As time passed and I corresponded with Rob I came to love him for his passion for life, his family and music. More importantly, I truly loved him for being a friend.

I was fortunate enough to receive a telephone call from another forum friend informing me of Oldbuckster's passing. I am truly grateful for the telphone call, because I don't know how I would have reacted if I had read the news here first. I was deeply saddened by that telephone call, but at the same time I was relieved that Rob's suffering was over. I have cried several times since hearing the news and everytime I visit here I will be reminded of what a great friend he was.

He was truly a great man and will not be forgotten by all who knew him.

No one has mentioned his love of Reggae music....Oldbuckster I'm going to miss you!

A terrible, terrible tragedy. Oh how I wished I had taken the time to travel over to Saratoga when I was up home last summer. I would have truly loved to have met this man. Funny, vibrant, and loyal to his family, this place, and I'm sure everyone he took a liking to.

The Irish often say of those who passed, "we hardly knew ye". Rob we knew ye well, and were better off for the experience. Travel well my friend. May Bob Marley sing you over the river:

By the rivers of Babylon
Where he sat down

And there he wept when he remembered Zion.
Oh from wicked carry us away
from captivity
Required from us a song
How can we singing out for song
in a strange land.

So let the words of our mouth
And the meditation
of our heart
Be acceptable in thy sight
O verride

By the rivers
of Babylon
Where he sat down
And there he wept when he remembered Zion.

HarryO:

Could you provide an obit? I don't mean a complete bio, just some highlights many of us would not have known. Birthplace and date, education, military, children, that kind of thing.

Not a problem if not, but the nature of the forum gets you to know mainly the music passion and such of a person without much knowledge of their "other" life.

I find myself suddenly curious.

Dave

I hope nobody has already suggested this. Here's what i think we should do. Every time you get on the forum, post something right here. This is a good way of remembering him. let's just keep this post going on and going on. Sound good?

Sounds good to me!

I had little direct contact with Rob over the years, but I always enjoyed reading his posts. This was a true, down-to-earth kinda guy that said what needed to be said, whether you liked it or not. OB didn't mince words...you knew just where you stood with this man. If you pissed him off, he'd never let you forget it (until he was through riling you). And if you praised him for his attraction to his family, his love for this country, or to his musical tastes...well, then you had a true friend for life!

Even though the two of us didn't share a whole lot of correspondence on this forum, what little interaction we did actually respond to made me respect the man a great deal! OB was the real deal...with all the phonies you come across on forums nowadays (people who talk big and hide behind their avatars), you knew damn well that whatever Rob had said to you on a thread, he'd say to you while looking you straight in the eye face-to-face! If anyone deserved to wear the yellow Bull$hit button (besides the late PWK), it would most certainly be the ol' Buckster![bs]

As I said in the other thread, the Klipsch Forum will seem emptier now without the ol' coot. At least we'll all have his memory to cherish in our hearts.

Rock on, buddy! We know he's gonna give everyone hell up there in heaven![6][A]

Died at 60! That is pretty young these days.

Will be buried with full military honors. That is awesome. Having served in the Army myself, I somehow feel connected to him more than I orginially thought. May he truly rest in peace:

A Soldier's Prayer...

The soldier stood and faced his God Which must always come to pass...

He hoped his shoes were shining Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and Said,"No, Lord, I guess I ain't...

Because those of us who carry guns Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays And at times my talk was tough,

And sometimes I've been violent, Because the streets are awfully tough.

But, I never took a penny That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime When the bills got just too steep,

And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,

And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here...

They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,

I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod...

As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,

"Step forward now you soldier,

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell.

Only a year older than me. Gives pause.

Same here, Dave. We will all soon be passing the torch to those younger that us. We won't need those torches any more, as we will be seeing clearly and not through a glass dimly.

OB is there now, I'm sure of it.

Let them in

Let them in, Peter
They are very tired
Give them couches where the angels sleep
And light those fires

Let them wake whole again
To brand new dawns
Fired by the sun not wartime's
Bloody guns

May their peace be deep
Remember where the broken bodies lie
God knows how young they were
To have to die
God knows how young they were
To have to die

So give them things they like
Let them make some noise
Give dance hall bands not golden harps
To these our boys

And let them love, Peter
For they've had no time
They should have trees and bird songs
And hills to climb

The taste of summer in a ripened pear
And girls sweet as meadow wind
With flowing hair

And tell them how they are missed
But say not to fear
It's gonna be alright
With us down here

Let them in, Peter
Let them in, Peter
Let them in, Peter

I did not get Barb's email until I got into work Monday morning and did not know this thread was going (THX Harry). I posted in the 2 Channel section because Rob always told me his favorite place on the forum was two channel and in his honor I posted in 2 channel. My apologies to Harry for creating a new thread but not knowing of Harry's thread and wanting all to know as soon as I knew I posted.

I am glad to see so many post here already as I knew from my thread there should have been far more condolences for a great man and super forum member. I think of you all the time my friend!

Good call pm, I know being in the Christmas spirit I'll be making a donation in his honor as I'm sure many will.

We always laughed because he was not 8 years older than myself but 8 years and 1 day which for some strange reason he always commented on that 1 day and not the 8 years! He would always tell me he was older and then I would reply yeah but it's just a day[;)] These are the little things that I know I'll miss the most and yes truth be known I write yet again about my distant friend with [:'(] running down my face

I just found out, I am so sorry.

We disagreed with each other on a lot of topics but the
brotherhood of soldiers runs deep and we shared a love of country that neither
could deny.

Rob old bud, the most fitting thing I can post, and it is something
I think you would take to heart are the words to “taps”

God bless old friend.

Day is done,

gone the sun,

From the hills,

from the lake,

From the skies.