Good Bye my Friend

HarryO

I remember when Coytee was planning a jube fest at his place. I said that bluesboy and I were going to attend and OB responded "Tar if you and bluesboy will be there I'll make it somehow.....maybe hitch a ride with jacksonbart."

I'm going to have to go buy a "rolling rock" to raise in his honor.

What a huge personality!

I don't like Rolling Rock or any beer. Other than root beer or ginger ale. Let's synchronize a toast to the Old Buckster. The bar still open or is Boxx remodeling again? New Forum software doesn't send emails like the old version so may have to turn it on.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The sadness in this thread, both from those who knew OB well and those less so, reminds me od John Donne's poem:

No man is an island,

Entire of itself.

Each is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thine own

Or of thine friend's were.

Each man's death diminishes me,

For I am involved in mankind.

Therefore, send not to know

For whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee.

RIP.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you Ben for bringing this thread back.  Still miss OB and smile thinking of his avatar.

Rob--you are missed buddy. 

Steve

I was, ahem, a few days late this year..... :wub:

Better late than ever.... just wasn't into Black Friday pawn shop crawlin'.  The pawn shop I mentioned in this thread has either moved or closed.  I hope moved.  It did go down hill quite a bit when the normal guy relieved the guy who normally worked there of his duties.  He liked to deal, scored a nice Trombone for Alea "Shorty", which we've called her since before we've heard of Trombone Shorty (still no Trombone Shorty in our collection.... (sigh)). 

But I think it was the owner who pointed out the Led Zeppelin and Nirvana? boxed sets.  $20 for the minty 4 CD Zep box.  Couldn't pass that up.  A couple of years later didn't want less than $40 for one of Clapton's 4 CD crossroad box sets. Or maybe less than $30?  Or even $20.  Not as nice, and well, I've had to be a bit frugal at time.  Too much music, too little time and $$$$. 

Yep.  And miss Harry as well.  The last time I called him, the guy who had the phone gave me a number that worked.  I don't think I reached Harry with that when I tried to call later.  Michael I don't think has talked to or seen him in quite a while either and his health has not been good for quite a while.  Harry, or maybe Michael (Colterphoto1) told me he was giving up his email and other computer stuff and maybe even his cell phone?   

Prayers for Harry that he's well and kickin' some ***. 

The sadness in this thread, both from those who knew OB well and those less so, reminds me od John Donne's poem:

No man is an island,

Entire of itself.

Each is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thine own

Or of thine friend's were.

Each man's death diminishes me,

For I am involved in mankind.

Therefore, send not to know

For whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee.

RIP.

Very fitting.  

Thanks for posting. 

RIP to Rob and all our Klipschanatic friends and family.

I plan to bump this every Thanksgiving weekend. 

I hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas and may you all have an exceptionally Happy and Prosperous New Year on our next crawl, slither, walk, saunter, jog, run, saunter, ride, swim, cruise, race, and just wild *** trip around the sun.

Cheers. 

:emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-50:  :emotion-46:   :emotion-50:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...