All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wonderful classic by the Steeles! Maynard
  3. If only Windows was that reliable in general.
  4. Today
  5. It would be nice if Microsoft would create a Windows for old people that was as reliable as a fork and knife. JJK
  6. No. Keep what you have. Unless you're driving your Denon to clipping and need more power, you're fine.
  7. From mesurements it looks worse then Aiyima. Maybe it's matter of La Scalas higher efficiency.
  8. As I would need four of them so Benchmark is way out of my budget range. I was looking on Topping RA3 for a moment but then looks like they have huge failing rate. PA5 II looks promising, and they fixed with it issue which was in RA3.
  9. I'm somewhat new to this, for the second time, myself but my take and suggestion would be that your AVR is good enough(and better than mine!) for your speakers. I'd say upgrade your center channel to at least the Rp-450c or Rp-504c. Look at Amazon for authorized vendors, currently good pricing, and the ability to return painlessly if you don't like one of them. The next thing I'd look at is your Sub since your sub specs only go down to 29hz +/- 3db and Low Frequency Effects in movies go 10-15hz below that. Sorry no recommendations for a sub.
  10. What is the best way to replace the crossover network in a Klipsch RP-8060FA loudspeaker?
  11. I have the bathys and love them. The noise canceling works amazing I flew to Nashville and back to Cali last week and rocked out on the bathys both ways and only heard the plane when we landed. Those Focal cans sound wonderful.
  12. Quiet amps (those with a very low noise floor) reign supreme with high efficiency horn speakers. Just because an amp is horn quiet doesn’t mean it’s a good listen. Unless there is an opportunity to A-B a particular amplifier one might assume a quiet amp, most any Class D, is truly a good sounding amp. I owned Hypex nc400 monoblocks and Benchmark ABH2 at the same time. Both being dead silent. There was no question (through my ears) the Benchmark was a much cleaner sounding amp, I believe the audiophile term is transparent. If you want a quiet, “transparent “ amp think Benchmark. Granted they are several times the price of many of the above mentioned brands but hey, we’re talkin’ quiet amps, not amps based on price. I also have several tube amps that are silent through big ol’ horns.
  13. New to channel but need help with my RSW as well. I think the copper coil things are bad and keep popping fuses. I was helping a buddy out and normally I can fix these types of things. He runs his stuff hard so something is bad and looks like the board is showing problems there. Unfortunately there’s not much out there so I’m hoping I can get the P/N’s or alternatives to fix it. BTW, the company I work for stocks and sell all kinds of board level components and deals with hard to find stuff as well as everyday items so I have great resources if somebody needs anything. 😃 I can’t PM you but is there anyway you can send the file to me? DeeJayVin@aol.com thanks in advance I have a Klipsch soundbar with sub that’s been getting worse. The sub itself makes a constant rumble once powered on. I tried unpairing, resetting different outlets and power cords with no avail. I’ll post that soon with model numbers
  14. Was gonna ask if she had a dog.
  15. 😂💪 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPP1xkgjnA8
  16. Sounds like something a spammer would say.
  17. I know it’s almost 5 years since this post, but still wanted to check out to see if this was available.
  18. @barbara Never heard of that series. I just do my one night a week series "The Curse of Oak Island" over on the History Channel. lol Now the World Series is a different thing depending on who's playing. Coffee's always good in here though. Since you're new what brings you to the Forum? Klipsch home theater systems, two channel stereo or? A lot of good people are into a lot of different things in here. Lots of good threads started with some busier than others. Books, spinning vinyl, sharing youtube music vids, whatever you're looking for there's a thread somewhere. Have fun, stop in here anytime and ask. We were all newbies once upon a time. Again, welcome.
  19. I just got my first pair Klipsch at 59 years old the Forte III SE delivered about 45 minutes ago. They are in perfect condition using a PrimaLuna Evo 300i with EL 34’s. My sources are SME10 TT and a streamer with a Schiit Bifrost 2 dac and a Nakamichi RX- 505 cassette deck. Also solid state Ayre V-3 newly restored and a Classe Cp-60 newly restored. I can’t wait to hear high powered solid state on these guys. I’m blown away by the huge soundstage the speakers make and they completely disappeared and I just plopped them down! And I was always told stay away from Klipsch because they are to bright and fatiguing and honky sounding. They are not anything like that whatsoever smooth open punchy and incredibly realistic. I still love my Hales Design Group speakers and my Sonus Faber Extremas. These two speakers I mentioned are a lot more money than the Forte III’s but the Forte’s are 90% or more of said speakers. It’s a totally different listening experience. I’m just thrilled to death over the build quality and the sound of these speakers. Klipsch has a new fan. These guys are incredible for the money, as far as value better than my more expensive speakers. Too bad it took 59 years to get some. And I was told the Forte IV’s are better than these, wow. Anyway nice to join the group, it’s going to be a long fun night. Already lining up records I want to hear on these beast. This is like having a band in your room. I feel like I’m 18 again when I bought my first stereo. Sorry for the high school reply, I’m just ecstatic over these guys. INCREDIBLE SPEAKERS!!!!🤘🏼🤘🤘🏾
  20. I was planning to get Emotiva XPA3 3 channel amplifier for my current setup mainly for Movies but occasionally music. Will the amplifier enhance the sound quality of the movies and music? What do you think? AV Receiver Denon AVC3700H Front Klipsch RP6000F Centre Klipsch R-52C Sub Klipsch R120SW Rear surround RP500MII Front height RP500SAII
  21. Superior performance characteristics of response, range and output along with tight manufacturing tolerances for the Celestion tweeter. The horn assembly is a Klipsch tractrix profile.
  22. My Topping PA3s is dead silent with my Heresy 1. Or I cannot hear it. Hearing fades around 14Khz.
  23. Yesterday
  24. Typically I listen at around 80-85 dB(C). At those levels I don’t hear any noise at my MLP (which is about 4m/13’ from the speaker). At lower levels, I don’t hear any noise at the mouth of the speaker, even with nothing playing. However, if I turn the gain up high I will hear a hiss. YMMV, of course.
  25. Ok but at listening point or ear close to the driver?
  1. Load more activity