The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The crossover seems to be working well since I’ve used the LFE port or whatever it’s called. Am I correct in thinking that a bigger cabinet + extra woofer will improve improve the lower midrange? The 280 has a bigger tweeter so I imagine it would represent a more detailed overall sound. Thoughts?
  3. No, so they a closr to the same output. As Dave said, his 402s a aout 2.5db hotter than the bass bins.
  4. 402's 2.5dB lower than the bass bins?
  5. Today
  6. I think that you should experiment more with the crossover and see/hear what you get. Sometimes 5 or 10Hz up or down can make all the difference. Start at 100Hz and work you way down. Bill
  7. Where are you located? Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  8. The 1970s version of the EV 15W-Ks wpuld be the mud magnet version. The 1950s version also has flat wire aluminum voice coils. Rog
  9. I heard them both about 12 1/2 years ago. I preferred the 3-way over the 2-way. Better midrange detail, lower distortion.
  10. Yea it's an elite series receiver. They sort of rebranded after the 502 apparently. These no longer have the class d3 amps.
  11. Hi everyone, I'm looking for smallish Klipsch subwoofer to add to my RB25s. Anyone have a RSW-10, RSW-10D, RW-10, RW-10D, or even RW-12D laying around? Willing to pick up locally. Thanks!!!!
  12. I never had a chance to test them all, nor have I had a desire to do that. My friend has EV woofers in his Cornwalls from early 70's. I never opened up my Khorn or LaScalas for the over 30 years I had them. Subsequent to that, when I started my journey with MWMs bins, I ended up with some Square Magnet K33P's, which were my favorites in Peavey FH-1 bins with a touch of PEQ. In my small basement office, those suckers went down to 30 Hz. (cabin gain I'm sure), but they were pretty darn good with EV DH1A drivers on940 Horns and Behringer Active Xover. That was a great 2-way setup. K33P's (made by CTS of Paducah), were the best sounding ones I ever had. Got them from a guy who sold/traded me for some Chorus 1's and 2's and some cash. I can't recall the details. All I know is when I took some K43's and put them in my LaScalas, the midrange definition was vastly improved, which eventually got me to recommend the Eminence Kappa 15C for owners of LaScalas and Belles, since they modeled even better in Hornresp than the K43's and also sounded great. Many here have done that and agreed! They are still the best bang for the buck in those short horns and that experience got me going the active route for Xovers.
  13. best picture I have ever owned , had a 13 year old panny plasma
  14. You are correct the RP-600M is a good size bookshelf speaker and may well be overkill for side surrounds. Is it too much? I really don't know. I own the 600M's.
  15. Next week. He said they were cut and need something else.
  16. Claude, Both the round K-33Eand square magnet K-33E, but the square magnet K-33E sounds better to me. What can you tell me about my four EV 15W=K drivers, they are 1950s models with the huge / heavy Alnico magnets.? Never had any K-33Ps or Stevens Tru Sonics to test. Thanks.... Rog
  17. hi all, well as most of my projects go, this one is going slower than I'd like. my question to the 402 users out there at this point is, which would you think would be superior. jubilee 402 2 way or 3way? 3 way would only consider the bms4592 be coax. 2 way are several good 500-20khz + - options. 2 way would free up some nice rack space, chassis and remote p/s. 2 or 3 way would likely be my border patrol 300b valves on mid/highs, 8 watts tweeters, 20 watts mids, or 20 watts on the coax, and k2s on the jubs. also have a crown 4002 xti for future sub if HT use gets in the mix. my musical tastes lean towards acoustic, singer song writer, blues, acoustic jazz, classical, occationally loud rock. ld appreciate your opinions. rosey
  18. I really enjoyed the Pioneer Elite SC-LX501 that I had for a while. Is the VSX part of the Elite line?
  19. Go with the 502S for side surrounds, that's what they were designed for.
  20. Welcome to the forum! Install any acoustical room treatments (tapestries, rugs, absorbers, diffusers, art objects, etc) before doing the rest of this list. There should be a direct line, without obstructions, to your ears from each speaker (except the sub). It is best to not have a coffee table in front of you, but many live with one, or with a coffee table advocate. If you do have one, it's better to have it covered with something cloth. Attend some live concerts, especially of non-reinforced acoustical music, if you can, before finalizing your set up. Paul W. Klipsch advocated thus re-calibrating your ears. Toe in the speakers so you are looking down the throat of each tweeter -- at least start with that orientation, and see what you think on a variety of movies and music, but don't listen until you have done everything else on this list. If your center speaker is on a table, pull it forward until it's cabinet is about 1" beyond the top of the table, hanging over. The overhang prevents early reflections from interfering with dialog (and music) clarity. Set all speakers (except subwoofers, of course) for "SMALL." Set all crosovvers for 80 Hz, to start with. I think you have Audyssey -- do you? If so, run Audyssey, using all of the recommended microphone positions (usually 8). Most of us, having gotten used to a few bass peaks in our room, end up turning up the subwoofer a few dB (say 3 to 6) AFTER running Audyssey. Turning it up before won't help, because Audyssey will dutifully turn it down again. Audyssey takes patience, but my Klipschorns have never sounded so good! Audyssey really helps. Listen to movies and music for about a week, and see what you think. Most people end up making a few adjustments to achieve their Preference. Audyssey sets your system to Reference, not Preference. But feel free to adjust the subwoofer volume (at the control on the sub itself -- keep the sub trim in the AVR low to avoid distortion. The little line drivers in most AVRs clip, or produce pre-clipping distortion easily. When you get to the adjustment for Preference stage, you will be much better off having run Audyssey, because you will be starting with a relatively smooth frequency response curve, instead of a kinky one -- unless you like kinky. Don't make any rapid judgements. Let music of various kinds flow over you for a week or more before making any changes. Audyssey can range from easy to difficult set up. Some people give up way too early, IMO. Don't be one of them! The rewards are great! Give yourself about 45 minutes to read through the following. It is far better than any manual I've seen. It was written by a master of clarity and it went through the editing of dozens of hobbyists and professionals. "Audyssey FAQ Linked Here" After you have given yourself a rest from reading, consider reading this one. It has a Cliff Notes section, and was written by another master. GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES * The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including: Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement. Best of Luck!
  21. oldtimer

Jokes?

But that's not important right now.
  22. CECAA850

Jokes?

I can drink any time I want to as well. No locking liquor cabinets here. It's just easier not to on week days.
  23. BigStewMan

Jokes?

i just reread your posts ... maybe you should start? joking of course ... us retired, divorced guys can joke and drink any day of the week we want.
  24. yeah, i have a VOX tube amp; but sadly it’s not the AC30. There are a few others that i want. Divided by 13 and Fender Vaporizer and Tone King are a few that i want to check out.
  25. Indeed,we have some of the best water in the county here far and away. We're way out in the sticks but I've heard some folks out here have hit salt water of all things. Neighbors down the hill have a spring well,I think we're in the same aquifer but our well is 315ft deep,it's a big steep hill. Lookn' out my back door.
  26. CECAA850

Jokes?

Few and far between then. Actually I don't drink on week nights.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?