The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I had a feeling that might be the case. I left all the wires attached and put the probes on each Capacitor. Understood. Thanks. I've tired to search what the differences are between the AL-4 and AL-5 network without luck. I ask because the Klipsch Lascala Upgrade package is a proven set of hardware with the AL-4 and associated OEM transducers. By chance do you know what makes up the AL-5 network? Or is that still PWK Inc. propriety privilege since it's a new product?
  3. No other changes just replaced leaking caps and the difference was very surprising, well worth it for anyone thinking about doing it. Someone the forum replaced them he had a bunch of caps leftover from some he did and volunteered to do it for me and he did a great job, he no longer posts here anymore. I did buy the old AA's used, just for yard speakers but they started leaking later. Old and new
  4. Good info, thanks, and I'll pass it along to the guy running the show with these. I'm just providing space in exchange for honey and some experience and he moved a bit faster than I could get a dedicated fenced in area stood up, and this is where he decided to put them as a compromise.
  5. This isn't a valid measurement for caps, but that's OK, you need to either to replace the caps or replace the entire network.
  6. John, You know my thoughts on the Audioquest type 8 and type 4 cables. I won't argue endlessly that these cables are superior and everyone will hear a difference and love them (especially with cable naysayers). Try them yourself risk free from Audio Advisor and I have a feeling many will be quite surprised. I am using type 4 on 396s currently and haven't had an itch to change it. I wanted a bit thinner gauge cable to try to brighten up the top end a bit at lower volumes. Really wish I could biamp these speakers. These speakers IMO for home use truly cry out for biamping. Perhaps I will attempt to convert them to such some time down the line. Anyhow, back to the cables, give them a try. What do you have to lose?
  7. Looking forward to see what you come up with. I'm building my 2x12 bass bins this weekend so hopefully I'll have something to show as well. Cheers.
  8. Put them out in the sun for a couple of days and wipe them down with a white vinegar and water solution to mitigate the smoke smell.
  9. Go with CT120 tweeters A55g mids and new Crites AA networks. Be happy.
  10. Now to make the decision re: re-furbish, ALK, Crites or Klipsch Heritage Upgraded AL-4 package for $1200. The OEM AA networks sound good but hey- it's of mid 70's lineage so it's time to ensure that they continue for another 40+ years. K77 Round, K55-V appear to be OEM, haven't dropped the bottom to visually see the woofer. These worked in a Bingo Hall in Livermore CA for a few decades and then for 2 more decades in a smoking environment. I was shocked that they functioned so well. I just wish there were some forum members in Central California that would permit me to listen to a few different options. I've got about 80 hours of reading about balancing networks on-line and now I'm in full IO (information overload). If there are any members that would be kind enough for me to hear some balancing networks in a Lascala in CA, please let me know. I'm driving to Sacramento on Saturday to hear a new pair of Lascala II's. (200 miles to the closest Heritage dealer) Uhg ...but its a good kind of ugh;) Resistances: K77=6.5 ohm Left/6.8ohm Right. K55V=10.7ohm Left/11.0ohm Right. And the Woofers=3.7ohm Left/3.5 Right Left Speaker Network Capacitors: Aerovox 100V 2uf from left to right on network: 6.9ohm, 1.4ohm and the 13uf is 4.5 ohms. Right Speaker Network Capacitors: Aerovox 100V 2uf from left to right on network: 7.1ohm, 1.3ohm and the 13uf is 4.5 ohms. Any suggestions? A Loaded question no doubt but my prior speakers were RF-280F's fed by an Oppo-205 and a PrimaLuna EVO300 with KT150's and occasionally EL34 valves. Other valves on amp are factory PrimaLuna.
  11. Today
  12. The screws appear to be #8 sheet-metal screws. The length will depend on the specific speaker. A problem with trying longer screws is that the dog-ear tabs are captive in the slotted and capped mounting bosses, but some designs have excess tab material that could be trimmed to fit the thicker ceiling. I don't have a picture of your exact speaker, I am just trying to help with ideas.
  13. The above is one of the reasons I respect you. Touché! That's the best I can describe my experience upon first unfurling my new cables out of the box and snickering at the arrows for the direction of the current! I quit the snickering, but the smile is still on my face listening to both systems with this wiring. I went overboard but don't regret it, did it in spurts over a couple of years.
  14. Since we are on the 942 subject, can you tell me what model woofers they are using? Many thanks. PS: my coffee machine is possibly better than yours, so why not come here instead? 🙂
  15. I like the symmetry of your arrangement, but for the sake of diagnosis, have you tried playing your sub woofer tucked into the corner?
  16. Was this ^^^ the cut and paste, or is this ^^^ your opinion that you just typed out, John? As I said, I have quite a bit of respect for your opinion and if this is your impression I believe you. I don't think you're given to hyperbole or confirmation bias. If there was no difference, I believe you would be able to tell. I also know there are all kinds of opinions on cables and its effect on speaker sound. I am in the camp that everything makes a difference. It all comes down to "how much" is a person willing to spend, for "how much" improvement? Every person should let their wallet (or in my case curiosity) be their guide.
  17. I've got at least one leaking pio cap in my Heresy. Ordered the rebuild kit from Bob. Should be here today actually. Now I just have to find my soldering iron in our storage unit!
  18. Originally, or recently when you came back? If it was recent maybe there is a problem Admin doesn't yet know about. Glad you hung in there.
  19. Looking into this also....I have a couple hundred Blu-rays and the convenience would be nice. Some good discussion here.. http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/54963/digitizing-blurays-dvds
  20. I believe that it is possible but so haven’t had a chance to dig into it very deep. I was planning on visiting an upscale audio shop, that’s local to me, this weekend to pick their brains on the subject. If there is any drop in audio or video quality, I will just insert the discs, like I have been doing all these years. I just really love the idea of having all my movies on a huge HD, with cover art and movie information at my fingertips.
  21. Do you really get the exact same quality video and audio by doing this?
  22. mikebse2a3

What I Got Today!

Did you not see my guard dog Pancho in the picture he is looking right at you man..? Don’t Let size fool you..... this is when he is on guard duty which is all the time... 😄
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?