All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I edited my post above and changed out the image. I had the wrong transformer model on there. Mike, it is the stock Klipsch K-691. XO is DBX Venu360 10" B&C in a custom box ported about 70 Hz https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/10-0/8/10nw76-8 Subs are lab 12s in sealed box
  3. In the first post, there's a link to a thread showing photos.
  4. Today
  5. Those are in fabuluos shape. Some of the nicest that I have seen. If I was within realistic driving distance I'd make an offer.
  6. A zobel circuit is more for use in a subwoofer environment not a woofer. It most likely wont make any positive difference at all.
  7. JC… I really like the small speaker system with the K510…!!! What driver are you using on the K510..?
  8. I agree with JC and highly recommend the Jensen ISO-MAX units and use them in my systems. FYI …. Jensen recommends the use of their PI (Input Transformer designs) whenever you have the option over their PO (Output Transformer designs). The Pl-2XX with input type transforms will give better performance than the PO-2XX unless you absolutely need to run an output transformer type. Some info for anyone interested…
  9. You already know your room setup is not the ideal situation you see posted everywhere. It may be difficult to get an educated recommendation. You may want to find a dealer(s) who has a liberal cheap/free return policy and buy the 600m ii's and the 502's. Try both and return the losers.
  10. Insulating your floor and interior walls with mineral wool (Roxul Saf-N-Sound for example) will reduce the sound outside the room and help the bass inside the listening room. Also, you should read up about techniques for using mass loaded vinyl or applying something like Green Glue and a second layer of sheetrock.
  11. I have never been disappointed in any Klipsch speaker Pretty much depends on your Budget. I like my KlF 30 as much as my KH
  12. Yes, going to see what the forum makes of plans. Check back later.
  13. Hello all, I am building a room above my garage (which is attached to my house) that is going to be 22x23. I am planning on putting a pair of klipschorns in the corners (outside wall away from the rest of the house). The ceilings are 9' for four feet around the edge of the room and they extend to 10' in the middle. This room partially sits over our bedroom as well (just a little) How do I best dampen the sound from traveling along the joists and walls to the rest of the house? I am planning on double studding the wall(s) that the K horns are using to help with bass extension. Would insulating with sound damping insulation hurt the bass. I'm thinking thick insulation between the first and second floor? Thank you so much for your thoughts.
  14. Bozo73

British Whodunits

From adulterated EPA jargon: Too Many Dam Lawyers. Sorry barristers.
  15. Yes 3 more posts and you can make and receive PM's. Cool...
  16. I’ll be leaving Phoenix probably on May 9 driving north through Las Vegas. Would need to rent a small trailer as my SUV will be packed. I’m a new member and can’t yet do private messages. If interested, reply and I will post my phone number. coincidentally, I’d like to find someone in Milwaukee who would be agreeable for compensation to pick up a turntable, and take to UPS for packing and shipping to me. The seller is unwilling to consider shipping. In that regard, anyone with experience using UPS to pack electronic gear?
  17. Yes my platinum bus zeroed out Dave. Even saw John youtubin here... drinking Heineken, dark side in. You know which t-humpin day... Can live with them. T-humpin Dave...take for a joy ride... new spinners here... good thing goods Dave...btw, remember that password... good thing. Paul Revere here...Young Rascals...Sang falsetto J Joplin here but, forget which...try harder...
  18. @billybob Yea, it's like the old Little Ceaser pizza joint ad. 5 bucks, 5 bucks, it's ALL 5 bucks. It doesn't matter WHAT it is it's 5 bucks or close to it around here. Wild!
  19. Time to ride or die! THAT was yesterday around my place. Rode that coaster once and it's killer. How's yer heart tough guys??? Mine was thumpin last night just like it was when I rode that thing... 60 miles north of me on the coast of Lake Erie here in Ohio. Bring your A game & the kids. I got the lodging covered here. Hour north to heaven or H3ll ! lol Being the tallest roller coaster and the first to top 300 feet wasn’t the only records broken when it opened in 2000. It debuted having the longest drop and the fastest speed topping out at 93 m.p.h. Ranking as one of the world’s best steel coasters year after year since its opening, this behemoth shoots riders over hills, past lagoons and through tunnels, all at unthinkable speeds. With its silhouette illuminated in the night sky, it’s hard miss the iconic coaster on the Cedar Point skyline. About the only way I can describe last evening. A roller coaster. I unzipped the Dom Martin lp's, quick eyeball and laid them here on the arm of the couch for later. Finally figured I'd throw them on for a listen. After I ordered them I'd heard them on youtube and thought this dude's act IS together. Little did I know HOW together. Turned on my "aura" over the table to take a quick photo for in here and filled my shorts. Signed? Personalized? WTF is going on here??? I didn't buy any signed copies so I hit the site to make sure. Nope. How? Why? It was going around in my head and I was loving it. So this dude tours then gets home and signs lp's for people randomly? Who knows but I'm forever grateful and WILL be sittin front row or preferably a tour case (it's cheaper and my rear fits one) when he hits the US. It was almost as nice when my youngest daughter walks in the door @ Christmas. Home from Phoenix. Just crazy! Forever grateful for him doing that. They'll be in Crate #2 of signed stuff. That way I'll know where to find them in this mess of lp's stacked everywhere. Dom Martin (29) is a Belfast born award winning singer/songwriter, inspired but not constrained by the blues. In the past 18 months he has burst onto the UK and European music scene with a unique guitar style and voice captivating the audience at every venue. His main influences are Rory Gallagher, Tom Waits, John Martyn, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Howlin Wolf and Muddy Waters. With five BBC Radio live sessions prior to a first album release, Dom impressed with his 2018 debut original EP “Easy Way Out” with BBC presenter Cerys Matthews describing his work as “absolutely wonderful stuff.” His debut album “Spain to Italy” was fully released on 4th December 2019 to critical acclaim and was an IBBA “Pick Of The Month” gaining airplay on around 100 stations globally. bluespowr.com - 'Spain to Italy is not just one of the best debut releases we’ve heard in some time but among the best albums we’ve heard from any artist this year' makingascene.org - 'The likes of Dom’s talent only comes around once in a lifetime' Fatea Records - 'A musician of unbridled talent and a future that is assured’ After his debut sell out “Spring ’19 UK Tour”, Blues in Britain Magazine said - "Now and again you stumble across a rare talent of such sheer genius that you actually wonder whether what you have witnessed can possibly be for real. Dom Martin is one such talent" (Last FM) Sooooo, he's influenced by Jimi? Watching this I saw that flair and thought Jimi, Mitch and Noel??? Welllll yea, but now it's on him to reach way down and perfect it. He's on the right track imo... Gonna be a great watch for sure. Yea, the old curmudgeon is waitin... Listen up. Ready GO! Only time will tell. An added bonus??? Seriously? On to his latest "Buried in The Hail." Just enough bump to catch ya and that Rory Gallagher twist w/an added touch of Jimi once again? Crazy good! First thoughts? These two are totally KILLAH lp's. More to follow as I kick back and take it all in. Lyrics, his work, his band they just push all the buttons. The acoustic side? Smooth and clean! If ya can't catch a groove you're either deaf or dead! 😂 Get off those gold cards your sittin HARD on! Get ya sum!
  20. Thanks. You verified I might be able to hear after all 'cause I agree with all your assessments.
  21. Yesterday
  22. This product I've used in more than one system and I own 2 of them. I feel it doesn't degrade the sound. Makes those vintage amps dead quiet when hooked to a pro active XO. JW may not approve...but it helps me. The bottom MC250 is all RCA from the Mac preamp to the Heresys. The top one I have the Jenson to use that with dbx and MC250 amp for the Klipsch horns. Quiet as a mouse.
  23. Hey. I've heard and seen the beautiful MC2100s rebuilt by JW..... their Mark1101. Some time ago, I had my MC250s reworked. Quiet and clean. They shine in this new setup in a little room. https://northreadingengcom.ipage.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0
  24. Yes abit jealous of grasshopper. Don't lose too much or, I will be the same with you... whatever works. John is eating fettuccine so... Jealous of him too. Kroger has alot of stuff...
  25. jc- Don't be amazed, the chassis tops are reproductions sourced from Korea. The quality is excellent. The bottom sections were reworked at a local metal refinisher I use. Does enamels, powder coat, anodize, acrylics. And the Korean supplier does make a chrome on stainless chassis top section for the MC225. They have a large collection of top sections reproductions. They've been making them for some time. Fair amount of work goes into the restoration. Most of the hardware is replaced which it should be it's over 60 years old! Good to see the amps in use! Interesting song selection. jw
  26. Yes, boring but, will send newbies here for demo...lol.
  27. Was that the Audio by Van Alstine board that you first put in?
  1. Load more activity