All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In the past I have owned every Heritage model and enjoyed them all. Years ago I started a long journey learning, building and experimenting with OB speakers. I too doubt I will go back to box speakers for my main listening room. I do use box subs for the lowest end, but my 3 front speakers are a DIY project with Heil AMT's and dual 18 inch woofers housed in an H frame. Overall, very inexpensive to make and enjoy. Biggest expense for me was the active crossover and amps. If you are at all interested, I highly recommend you take the journey and learn about OB speakers and build your own. Yes, there are many manufacturers of OB speakers, but you will pay for the better options. Pure audio project has some great, high end, options for the top end. There are limits to how you can use OB speakers relative to room size since they must be away from rear walls. Picking drivers for a project is not difficult and you can spend as much as you want in that area. Have fun and enjoy the journey. If you are interested in my experience, you can search my old posts during those builds. Plenty of pictures there. I still use and enjoy my KPT-942's in my large barn. OB would not likely work well in that application.
  3. Yes when AS came into existence. Open baffle/panel speakers have existed for a very long time.
  4. Yesterday
  5. That's the ticket...one way transparent cardboard..why didn't I think of that, I'd be rich.
  6. Sorry to see that, hope it doesn’t rain yeah you got a problem there I’ve been through something like your picture three or four times had a 93 Lincoln car some years back couldn’t keep a windshield in it. All black on black custom long top must’ve been an extra funeral car but what an omen. no more black Lincoln for me. Well good luck with it anyway I just think after you get it fixed you’ll come home and enjoy your stereo 😎
  7. Check Audio Classics for Used equipment If nothing it will give an indication of prices for mint/ used equipment. ,,🙂
  8. Now Let’s - Get Down
  9. On Dave’s reply - he used a word naturally I thought there was a song in that word Enjoy
  10. Some hitting the spring NIL portal, which closes soon then we'll be set for fall. NCAA has hit blue, which resolves one of the cases against them during the Harbaugh tenure. Still haven't reached anything on the "Spygate" cheating scandal and basically Jimbo is taking his khaki's to the NFL with brother John and won't be back after 9 years at the helm. Here's a good read on one of their first cases invoving recruiting during the Covid Dead time. Coach Moore is paying for Jimbo's infractions and there's more? lol Michigan’s NCAA Plea Deal Puts Sherrone Moore On The Defensive (msn.com)
  11. Scammer now has those ^^ and he has been busy today. Heresy 4 Marantz Cinema 60 Pioneer 1980 and 1080 Kenwood Super Eleven and 11gx McIntosh 275 Yamaha RN2000 Marantz 2285 And more If you can, please report the scammer to the admins of the groups https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Jamie Waltham
  12. Not a Joe fan but that's the best thing I ever heard from him. JJK
  13. Well I did a thang the other day. I've thought about streamin since I've got Amazon Prime but never tried it. Soooo, a couple years ago when I was putting together this rig. I made a phone call to one of the best boardmen in the business only to get laffed at again. I asked about a Schiit Mani phono stage and was told he knew both guys and they made some good schiit. 125$ and it's done exactly what it should do. It pukes it's a Puffffffin next time. Wasn't calling him again for more abuse (lol) so ordered a Schiit Modi+ DAC to see if it would work. Here in 3 days from TX and plugged it up this morning. That was after a short search for that 25' patch cord I had layin here for sumpin. Don't ask cause I dunno. lol Well, I do but nm. lol Long story short this thing sounds crazy good running thru the PrimaLuna and into the LS w/o the JBL SP128S fired up. NOW I can get off my rear, have tunes cookin and get some work done around here instead of worrying about flippin lp's all the time. I'm sure the 2k DAC's have their advantages but this hits the spot for me. I'll NEVER stop spinnin cause I know the difference but it does scratch that itch. Well worth the $150 imo. So much for being pathetically worthless. "Git 'er done!" @Marvel @JohnJ @Tarheel and the rest who might wonder about a quick fix. It really IS some good Schiit.
  14. great price, i would grab them if i was near
  15. Zero here but the man to ask is @MicroMara. The guy w/327 carts and the 25 arm turntable WITH the dust brush. 😂 That table of his is a piece of art and he's fun to play with too. Doesn't eat much either. He'll surface. Some of the other guys will step up I'm sure. I'm the dumb red-headed step brother in the gaggle and just stir the pot a lot. Waits... I KNOW the comments are coming! Ruthless bunch in here! 😂
  16. I have never used that one. I'm using the Ortofon 2m blue and am very happy with it.
  17. Just chill... I'm feelin sumpin comin on! 😂
  18. Really wish I had space for them. They look fantastic. GLWS
  19. @Marvel Naturally she's sold out in Cbus next week. Might take a rund down depending on the weather and find a tour case to park on if the planets are aligned. No way am I doing a GA event. Back in the day I'd have 4 tickets fo sure. Gotta share the love. Like 32$ originally and now the scalpers have jacked resale tickets to up around 100-150 per for a GA ticket??? Sad back in the day but now? Blah!
  20. Just recently acquired a turntable - after a very long time without one. Decided on an Audio-technica AT-LP5X Based on reviews, classed as a "best under $500" Direct drive, manual. Looking to add an ATVM95ML Any experience with this cartridge?
  21. Welcome back @Adcc Good hunting!
  22. Bronwyn Keith-Hynes, fiddle player for Molly Tuttle - from her forthcoming album. Sweet!
  1. Load more activity