The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yesterday I noticed a pending charge on my card like I did when I first pre ordered in July. I figured they would ship as support had said similar to you. Today that pending charge is off my card again. No shipping email either. I will wait until the end of the week and if nothing by then I'm going to cancel mine.
  3. Thanks again, Robert! - again, you are right - I had been googling 7591 and EL84 all along and that's why I hadn't found any useful results. I just googled the correct pair and they are indeed possibly interchangeable, the big difference being the operating voltage of the circuit. The Scott 299-B appears (anecdotally?) to operate at 355 volts which is higher than the EL84 rating, but not quite at the 400V rating of the 7189. That was probably a measured voltage and not necessarily nominal. Now, given that the amp has performed fine for the last 8 years, perhaps because I have never had a need to push it too much with the La Scala's efficiency, is it safe to assume this configuration is safe electronically? Then the final question remains of would the sound characteristic of the power tubes be much different between these two tubes types?
  4. Yamaha warranty is non-transferable: https://usa.yamaha.com/files/ocp/en_us/support/warranty/audio_visual/AV_PRODUCTS_2013_fka_Home_Audio.pdf I own a Yamaha AVR.
  5. I could have, but chose not to do so. While similar, temerity and audacity are not always interchangeable.
  6. Today
  7. oldtimer

What I Got Today!

Don't quit your day job.
  8. Hello guys, I bought Klipsch powered bookshelf speakers the R-51PM and I am in love in the sound they produce. Want to equip the. With a subwoofer from SPL series just not sure which one is suitable for the. Honesty I am leaning toward SPL-150SW because of the lower end of 18hz, but will let you do the talking on the matter. The room is 5x3.5 meters with clean wooden floor, one bed and one bookshelf. Everything is movable in the room so the placement of the speakers and furniture is not fixed. Thank you in advance.
  9. Yeah! Then, the time after that you can dovetail everything else. :^)
  10. “Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.” – Bubba
  11. How old is the unit and where are you located? Does Yamaha have a transferable warranty?
  12. Are Merlot centers worth more than the rest? Harder to find? I do think Merlot is the best color....
  13. There was some splintering. With finishing no one would have ever been the wiser. Dave decided to use as the double instead. I’ve been working on stiffening the baffle. Sometime when I feel like going next level I’ll dado the side panels to hold the baffle in place and not use cleats.
  14. I see you're talking about Faital gear. When I saw the thread listed I saw "Fatial" and thought it was spelled with a "c" :^) Everything looks real good so far from here. What was the nature of the imperfection? Did some ply delaminate in the flange counters in that top box or is it just (smooth) color changes? Got a timeframe in mind to get these done?
  15. Now the price is up to $2000.
  16. Those are early enough in 95 that I'm thinking they are V1...love to hear anyone else's thoughts.
  17. The difference between sound production and sound reproduction, maybe? I'm thinking if there's a frequency a panel will sing along with, that at half that frequency there'll be at least a little humming. I'm sure smack dab in the middle is fine. I'd offset a smidgen. Dave, I think I'd probably draw some lines a bit narrower together than the thickness of the brace and remove the finish within that area.
  18. Yes, I"m one of the early originators of this recommendation. E pluribus Unum...................NO spacer required because the Xmax is small in a horn.
  19. Lol oldtime im guessing your part of The glorious club as well...?.....?
  20. Thank goodness I am too far away to buy from you. That is quite a load of Klipsch you got there. I like how they are all matching. I am sure someone here could make them sparkle like new after giving them some love and hard work.
  21. https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavrx4400h/denon-avr-x4400h-9.2-ch-x-125-watts-a/v-receiver-w/heos/1.html My vote. Not loosing anything buying this one, except a warranty and some B.S you will never use or care about. If you look around, hold out for another 2 months, you will find the X4500 for about half price when the new models roll out. Happens every year, and is how I buy mine.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?