The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Some art sites or galleries might have plinths that could make suitable stands. I've seen them listed in a selection of heights, to suit various situations. Some years ago, I was in a storefront art gallery and noticed a nice tall plinth holding up a stone bust. The plinth was essentially a tall box (roughly 40 inches tall) with no external features and a glossy dark paint finish. It was just the right height, and its top matched the width and depth of one of the Heresy IIs that I planned to use as surround speakers. After a bit of bargaining, I left with the plinth and they kept the sculpture. The other speaker already had its stand arrangement sorted, so the two surround Heresy IIs were ready to go.
  3. … o O (initial observation)… cold = No way... no matter how many ph studies are performed.... 2nd theory - the use of the un-news worthy statement in the article above, grasping the phrase "but so far, researchers can't confirm" ... o O (debate among the cocktail crowd) …. that chit better work ... o O (in conclusion, a summary granting the motion) hot.... black.... easy to make …. morning routine... no studies ….
  4. Dave I am running 2 Danley dts 10’s (just babies in comparison to your monsters) but I have had some fun finding music infused with low frequencies. I know probably not your kind of music, but for some room shaking lows check out : Linkin Park Frgt/10 Question: I using a Behringer NX6000D with dsp amp. Would you recommend a different amp ?
  5. I have four of them would they do well in a sealed enclosure?
  6. Today
  7. Correct. Pure speculation on my part. My small effort to rally the Klipsch fans out their to show some love. You never know who might poke their head in and look. I am sure corporate would appreciate the feedback as well. Thanks to all who choose to participate in this effort.
  8. I was thinking the same thing. I thought it was an illusion at first. I looked at more pics of Heresy Industrial's and they all seem to have the slotted port.
  9. ACV92

What I Got Today!

@Schu Just showed my girls. They're in love. Enjoy.
  10. Almost forgot, I like my water hotrod too!
  11. Schu

What I Got Today!

Two brothers... no names just yet
  12. Very nice rides both, sure miss my old FXR. I had it ten years and did well over 100,000 miles on it. It was down all the roads you listed and many more, some of my favorite haunts! West coast rules! Remember the days before helmet laws? <sigh>
  13. Thanks I can add some pics tomorrow. Not sure about the price I'm open to offers. Are they 8 ohms?
  14. That’s called the English wit
  15. Yup, I'll be there in time for dinner Friday and stick around until Sunday morning.
  16. Heresy Industrial Ported have two ports in front. $500 +- is the going rate for used Heresy. You can post them for sale in the Garage Sale section.
  17. I can’t wait to try some of this. Thanks ahead of time for the efforts huge amount of work.
  18. I've been driving a 100% electric Nissan Leaf for just over two years and I LOVE IT!! The performance is amazing, and NO GASOLINE, NO POLLUTION, ETC! NO Farting!! 80 miles a charge, and I outdrive every Internal Combustion Engine powered vehicle out there!! I DO NOT burn petroleum gratuitously anymore, ever! ON PRINCIPLE!! And because I HAVE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE. John Kuthe...
  19. I consider myself fortunate to have owned two "stepchildren" of the HD family: '90 FXRS-SP which I kept for 20 yrs, and my current ride, an '010 FXDF. Both these bikes were controversial in their appearance relative to much of the MoCo's products, but are now somewhat esteemed by a small portion of the Harley riding populace. I rode the FXR through the Mojave Desert on the way to the Grand Canyon, and both bikes have seen PCH-1 along CA's coastline and US-50 going up to Lake Tahoe. I don't hit the road as much as I used to, but whenever I do, it still makes the day end better than when it started. To the OP: I can understand your angst regarding the unwelcome intrusion of hi-decibel exhaust tones from certain bikes, whether its the banshee wail of a high-revving 4/6cyl "track bike" or the rolling thunder of a big-bore v-twin. Hopefully these raucous episodes are short-lived and spaced far apart; even more, I trust you won't develop any prejudices against the motorcycling public as the vast majority of them are really good people. ~
  20. Thanks brother you going to be able to break away from the goats and come to Hope? F20 just humms along BTW 😎
  21. RobF

Technics 1200GR

https://monterey.craigslist.org/ele/d/salinas-technics-1200-gr/6858145311.html selling a new unboxed Technics 1200GR I purchased from Value Electronics. $1400. Located in Salinas Ca. CL listing posted above.
  22. I would put those things 2nd & 3rd with the rider being #1, I survived bikes with lousy drum brakes horrible suspensions brick with wheels handling and tires that by todays standards are laughable for quite a few years and many many miles before I got anything even remotely modern by today's standards.
  23. Howdy Everybody, I'm assisting a professional musician with his pair of Heresy Industrial speakers. He has several serious medical issues resulting in an inability to perform, only one of which is a complete loss of hearing in one ear. It is time for him to raise some cash by selling well-loved items he's no longer able to use--starting with these speakers. I am familiar with and like standard Heresys, but am unfamiliar with Industrial versions. I'd appreciate help from forum members. From research, I was fascinated at finding a thread from 2007 (started by triceatops) about his then just acquired pair of Heresy Industrials. See: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/87919-heresy-industrial-ported/ This musician's speakers are identical to triceatops. Serial Numbers of triceatops's pair are 1320 and 1321. I only examined one of the musician's speakers; it has a 1324 Serial Number. Likely the other one is 1325. If true, the musician's speakers are the 2nd pair of Industrials manufactured after triceatops's pair. After all these years subsequent to their production, I find it a remarkable coincidence that triceatops and the musician's "sibling speakers" are still in existence and are discussed on this forum! Triceatops asked a question in his tread that I did not see a reply to. I have the same question. His speakers are designated Heresy Industrial Type HI rather than Type HIP. Are these Heresy Industrial Ported speakers (HIP) that for some reason Klipsch calls Type HI or are they different from HIP's? If so, how are they different? Any suggestions on where to market them? Is it but the usual suspects of ebay, Craigslist, or less likely Audiogon? With the expertise on this forum, can anyone ballpark their value assuming all drivers work? Given their early vintage are the drivers within known? Or do I need to check out which ones, and possibly which crossover, are used prior to receiving a ballpark value? I read that Bob Crites has a post on Heresy Industrial serial numbers. I've searched but cannot find it. Could someone please post a link to his post? Much thanks for your kind assistance. 🙂
  24. None of those cars are retirement worthy, unless it happens to tip the scale on top of other savings. Retire on a Chevelle? Maybe in Ecuador.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?