The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I disagree. There is virtually no difference in linearity between the two sets of curves. Both are linear !! Look at their curves more carefully, and if you can document the difference, I'd like to find out about this from you.. One has to define WHAT manufactured Type 45 and 2A3 you are talking about, before making any blanket recommendation.. There are manufacturer's differences, that extend well beyond the two different tube " types ", themselves. Eg : EML, vintage, bi-plate VS single plate, solid, mesh. Jeffrey
  3. Bet it was/is difficult to get bass/mid/treble balance developed with that room structure! Congratulations. I was cheaper/lazier than you. My room/equipment layout isn't as difficult as yours but is non-optimal in its own right. I decided speakers that had much better directivity control would be needed and for the life of me can't remember how I came to even consider Klipsch in general or the Forte III in particular, but I didn't even drive an hour to audition them. I just ordered a pair. Still grinning ear to ear every day.
  4. I saw the first 10 years of races at Long Beach. 1976 was the first year for F1. Niki Lauda was the reigning champion from '75. He brought that beautiful Ferrari Red Ferrari down around the back stretch to the start of the long straightaway.... and gunned it. Smoke like a drift racer. Crowd like a frenzied mob. He was fabulous. Ferrari won the Constructor's Award in '75 too. Because of Nikki. And some of his world titles came after his fiery wreck, iirc. Amazing.
  5. just ordered my speaker cable from bluejeans cable company, nice at fair price
  6. Any forum members at $400? Going to drop to $500 online today.
  7. Put the R-625-FA's Left and Right ... R-52-C Center ... R-41-SA Surround or Back. OK; just kidding, see the above responses.
  8. Good thread on The Dead but not much to the LA Show. Sorry. Long Beach is my hometown, tho (left in '78) it of course is soo changed from my day. You will find the downtown area lively and full of small juke joints with some live music and plenty of good food. The waterfront is a beauty and easy to get around and see. My good old friend Joe and I snuck into our very first rock show at a tiny place that I remember being called a Filmore. 1973-4. Not the famous one, just a little dinky theatre. Johnny Winter in all his albino glory. It was the start of a journey I am still on. Have fun.
  9. Pm me your number will tell u what u need to do
  10. Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome to the Forum!
  11. Mayers voice may not remind you of Jerry Garcia but his phrasing does to me when he plays.
  12. Although they are pricey in your currency ( we have had the same issue with the Canadian dollar the past few years), Fortes are a great all around speaker. On top of this Klipsch are known for longevity. You could still be enjoying these decades down road. If you mentally amortize the initial price over the potential number of years you could own these they are quite reasonable. New models in the future will only be more expensive.
  13. Today
  14. Now, where did I put my secret decoder ring?
  15. Everyone thanks very much for the replies! its truly appreciated and gives me more then enough things to try out. In fact I applied crossovers like mentioned and it’s all coming together now and starts sounding much better!
  16. It’ll happen this summer, but time is so fleeting.
  17. I started buying lump from across the line. Wife know them, too. It's mesquite. It not anything like the processed briquettes. Burns different. I'm at a loss for words [there's a switch] to describe the difference. Hotter, for sure. I use oak, too. Not the white or red... Live oak, I think it is. Should [and do] know...having a senior moment. sorry in Spanish... bellota
  18. That’s the one. Easy to add because the cooler just plugs into it.
  19. `morning @WillyBob It's Kingsford Natural Professional Competition Briquettes. Whew! That's what they have on sale at the warehouse in two 18# bags for what you'd pay for less than half that much at walmart or anywhere else. Think they just gave a fancy name to their contractor grade product? Never done planking I use the grates. * just searched that convoluted name and most folks at their website said the same thing. Burns hot but too fast. I'll pay more at the walmart next time, lesson learned.
  20. @JohnJ you using "lump" or "briquettes". And... mesquite, oak, cherry ....? While I'm on a ramble what's the deal with "planking"?... I'm not too keen on the flavor of pine-sol. Coniferous wood isn't ranked too high for BBQ. Why would you waste a good piece of ... by strapping it to a plank of cedar and roast/burn it? Moths don't eat flesh. You're safe there. figured it out It's gin drinkers that like it
  21. I be leaning into the wind today... any of you seen the schick bikini trimmer commercial? 3 bikini clad ladies standing behind crotch high bonsai topiaries and attempting to prune them... just checking..
  22. Yes sirree, Webers have always been pretty good. Got one of the big round ones now. Think the charcoal has changed over the last twenty years though, I get the flame to the top of the chimney then dump to direct/indirect cook and it just doesn't last as long as it used to. No I'm not talking about the match-light.
  23. As others have mentioned here and elsewhere Forte III's (probably many if not most speakers) are very sensitive to placement. I have ended up without any toe-in and about 10-12" from the wall-and I'm still adjusting after nearly a year. The biggest adjustment I've made though is putting a blanket over the huge glass covered artwork behind my listening position (a temporary solution). No other adjustment has had the impact that I experienced doing this-mind boggling difference really.The other big difference has been returning to my '77 Pioneer SX-1250. That sounds with the Forte's makes me to wonder what more could it want-though I am about to experiment with some tube amplification just for the experience.
  24. The previous owner sent these to me. The Previous owner sent these to me. Johnie
  25. Well I just wanted to point that out, since you only showed curves and didn't mention the Female Vocals Test. Looks like your slots are small anyhow, as compared to the big slots in my JBL 2360 Horns, which, of course, my K-402's outperform easily with no slot. Don Keele did a good enough job on those JBL's to win him an Academy Award presented to him by Charlize Theron, however, even though he had to work around his own patents at Electro Voice to do it.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?