The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Loved my 103. Miss it......😪
  3. Emile

What I Got Today!

Haha ... have four 4K TV's (bedroom, office and guestrooms) ... but the Oppo 103 is in my main room which still has a 1080p Panasonic Viera Plasma ... picture is awesome; have not felt the need to upgrade
  4. And I'll add, its challenging with a 2.1 setup to attain a proper balance between your speakers and your sub, across all volume levels. Its not a big deal with home theater and movies, but with music it can be, to be seamless. If you can avoid a sub for your music, you will be happier with your overall experience. Just my experiences and I have owned home subs for 10+ years. And several quality brands. Think as you turn up the receiver volume knob, different volume gain rates between your mains and your subwoofer. Most times they are not linear. Sure you can sit there and adjust individual levels but its just not seamless.
  5. Emile

What I Got Today!

Yes; think the picture quality is better Haha; had my Oppo 980 AND a Sony X800 (for blu ray) hooked up in my main system ... wife was never able to figure it out without an "assist" ... so ONE player will be easier (on her) So; took my old Oppo 980 to my stereo room ... think it's better than my NAD C542 player But; major pain in the a$$ ... have 2 preamps in this room ... of course I could not figure out anymore what goes where to where Oh well; trying to sell (give away) some stuff ... then I'll start from scratch Trying to sell a TEAC GX-77 reel to reel deck and a Marantz 1030. Anyone? Put it on CL ... not on Garage Sale since I really do not feel like "packing" it for transport. Cheers, Emile
  6. Go used!! Literally twice or more bang for your buck. Plus when you upgrade (and thats 80% of this hobby). You won't lose any money. I have learned this lesson to many times to count. Performance on good gear will be identical to new. Also imo the searching and finding is really a lot of fun as you look back.
  7. @inMotionGraphics thanks.. read all I saw video.. interesting, do you see my speakers? my center channel is too big rc 504c and another too small comparing than center , because audyssey settings 40hz .. question is ..how can I get more immersive sound?
  8. Happy for Gary Woodland. He deserved to win. Some great shots.
  9. I photographed a Wedding there in 2003. Beautiful place. I think the Bride's dad paid $350/plate for a steak dinner for my assistant and I. I guess you have to pay for the Pacific View while you eat OR golf!! PS: Not only is the Cypress Tree damaged and held up by cables, it's copyright is owned by investors who will sue a Pro Photographer for publishing it without permission!!
  10. Take my advice, been there done that. Go with the RP-8000s versus the 6000s and a sub. Buy the largest woofer drivers you can. Its all about the area of a circle, or audio transducer (woofer) diameter.
  11. Schu

What I Got Today!

Wait until you get the opertunity to it in HDR 4k
  12. Thanks guys, I have been poking around on Crutchfield and have chatted with a couple of people there, so that's good advice. Any thoughts on my other question about two RP-8000f speakers vs two RP-6000f speakers with a subwoofer? My thinking was that the highs would be similar with main difference being the subwoofer for base vs the 8" Woofers in the towers, but, reading the forums, I am thinking that maybe my thinking about the highs being similar might be wrong? The Crutchfield person seemed to like the idea of the 6000f's with the subwoofer (he said "more soundstage"), but I always value the opinion of real users over sales people, if I can get that
  13. Here is a plot showing reduction in resonance after I added 3/4” MDF to the back of my H1’s Don’t t get too worked up about the actual frequency response. The transducer I used for measuring the resonance wasn’t calibrated.
  14. Hi and welcome! I have Forte III's and two high quality integrated amplifiers, a solid state Bryston B60R (60wpc) and a tube Quicksilver Integrated amplifier (20wpc). As much as I like the Bryston (having owned a version of this amp for almost twenty years) I prefer the Quicksilver with the FIII's. I have also used the QS with other Klipsch speakers and Cornscala also. The Bryston is a versatile, wonderful integrated and I can't bring myself to sell it as I know its quality and flexibility (with preamp out/amplifier in jacks, sometimes I use it as a preamp and sometimes as a power amp to audition equipment I may come across). More power isn't necessarily better. More higher quality power may be better. If you can, audition in your room and have fun!
  15. Good point, I will make the overlay work. I can even raise the back part some with the bracket to aim it more at the center sitting position. The mantel is about 5 1/2 feet tall so it is fairly high anyway. Thanks!
  16. CECAA850

What I Got Today!

I'm still using my BDP-80.
  17. I'm not a big golf fan for the same reason on my previous post. That being said, one of my clients was president of the U.S. Open. And that year it was held at Medinah Country Club near me. My client offered me some free tickets. I remember seeing Greg Norman hit one over a large stand of old 50 foot+ oak trees to "cut across the corner" of a L-shaped 5 par only to land right on the green without even seeing it. Now that was impressive even for someone like myself who knows little about the game.
  18. Once a thread is locked it is NOT OK to resurrect it.
  19. Quick thinking Claude! It took me four strokes to realize I was I right back on the green where I started.
  20. I sent you a message please let me know if your getting rid of the x 30 thank you Tom
  21. Cool! Amazing to see a response to something I posted fifteen years ago! Erik M. and I are one and the same. ...miss Dee...
  22. But wait. Wasn't it Paul Klipsch who said "There is no such thing as hi-fidelity. Either it has fidelity or it doesn't." 😎
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?