All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I am - there is a hum coming from the mid horn when the speaker is close to that wall. I figured it's due to some interference with what's inside the wall. Trying to figure out if there's a solution to this.
  3. Today
  4. JP_NH perhaps it is the angle of the photo, but your fortes appear to be awfully close to the rear wall. Those passive radiators need some room to breathe. I have found that a minimum of 8 inches provides the best sound in my various listening areas. Glad you are happy with your purchase. The forte INMHO is the Goldilocks of the Heritage lineup.
  5. No affiliation https://www.facebook.com/share/VtZwhpZ84dLEQL58/?mibextid=kL3p88
  6. A pair of Eminence Delta-15B 15" raw frame speakers for sale. I bought these to use in a guitar rig that did not come to be. They have many uses, not just musical instruments. They have about 5 hours on them if that. Basically new. $200 + shipping
  7. Hola! Just sittin here nosin a bit on youtube and wondered what my old buddy Justin Johnson was up to. Yup, he's on it and still usin that key to the front door of Cash Cabin to play and record in. He and his wife livin the dream in Nashville so yea he's together. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet but can he play? Yes Sir, anything from his shovel guitar, cigar boxes, bicycle wheel guitars and anything else ya throw at him. 45 minutes of him comin your way. Sit back enjoy and watch him go! Just for you @JohnJ. lol
  8. Klipsch HP-3. Sadly, out of production now. I love mine!
  9. I paid first time he paid next time. Ate at The Smokehouse.....had brisket.
  10. A can? What a cretin! 😁
  11. I see you snuck in a can of Guinness. I have some Extra Stout
  12. Was really looking at this one. I might go with the Rogue Sphinx V3 instead. I'm going to take one for a test drive on Saturday.
  13. And they will grown on you from there. Liked that write up, been there.
  14. Since pics uploaded from iPhones always seem to be done in HEIC.... IMG_6309.HEIC
  15. @Marvel hope you're not getting what I have workin right now. I FORCED myself to roll out this morning. Otherwise, it would have been noon again I'm sure. Past couple weeks it's been an insane sleep cycle for me. Blah! 😂 Haven't had a shingles vac yet and prolly won't. Might regret it but will see. Where the heck is that @grasshopper anyway? He must be gardening and livin in the shed. Hope he didn't get locked in. @Tarheel sooooo who bought lunch last week? Ya stick @codewritinfool with the check or what? 😂
  16. I'd agree with that @JohnJ but ya gotta admit Larkin Poe's shot is pretty darn good. For a couple of sisters they're pretty much slayin things on tour. It's that younger generation yanno. lol They're great live from what I've been told.
  17. I'm not sure "making fun of" was the thing; it's more the false information this guy usually puts about stuff. Like Klipsch buying parts from Speakerlab for many years, for instance. Even at the lower price, that's going to be a tough sell. SK's just don't go flying off the shelf that easily and that price will have to drop more. The guy takes the worst pictures ever of the same angles. Why can't he post pics of the back side to show if they're enclosed or not. Someone did actually build new tops for them, or did that in the beginning, as they never came as a "collared" top nor did the plans show that. That's what I'm doing with my SK's that I got from Gil's brother Joe...making collared tops, all new grills and using black cloth similar to Klipsch.
  18. Never heard a cover of that song that I ever truly appreciated. I get that groups want to "make it their own". It was part of the Himalayan ride at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion when it came out until they demolished the place decades later. RamJam just can't be covered properly or hasn't benn by the right band that I've heard yet.
  19. So, Tuesday evening the wife and I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up her prescriptions. The pharmacist asked if I was ready for my second shingles vaccine shot. Plus I asked about the new covid shot. He said I could have both at the same time. Kicked my butt! Only a little bit of a sore arm from the shingles shot, same as the first, but I stayed in bed and slept ALL day and all night. I still feel like I could sleep some more, but I'm back to work.
  20. I've no idea how WIndows became the dominant OS. This is typed on a 15 year old iMac with a 7 year old OS that is reliable as a rock. I've never owned anything but Apple since the '80s. OS9 was...uhm....errr...challenging. Yeah that's it challenging.
  21. It's probably made from an original. Question is, when they put that out in the 70s was it analog from start to finish. Contrary to what I've heard from others here my few from back then do sound better than the regular copies and vice-versa with friends copies!
  22. I don't measure I listen. And it's quiet.
  23. I think the only part of "making fun" would be the price. They made different versions of the SK, and certain ones wee very close to Klipsch, and sounded very good. The new lower price on the listing might sell. Considering what Khorns are selling for, they could be a good deal. IIRC, @DizRotus had four that he hauled around for dances.
  24. Well, the forecast called for rain over this entire region up until after I saw it in the afternoon. Left early and did 90 something miles in two hours. It's five degrees cooler now that I've traveled west. So I get a 2-hour wait and then hopefully no more stones for a while.
  25. I agree with 1MoreFord, you’ll see a dramatic difference if you upgrade your center speaker first.
  1. Load more activity