The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I did not see before this type hoverboard with chair . But I think that it is not safety because it has three wheel and it is difficult to drive.
  3. Today
  4. I'm assuming you don't have a calibrated mic, and REW (free online). What is "normal" for a Khorn bass bin, sealed in a nice corner, with plenty of boundary gain and room gain? I don't know, but mine have a big (8 dB??) peak at 43 Hz, cross the 0 line ("flat," i.e., the amplitude they are at 1K Hz ) at about 33 Hz, and then tail off down to about - 10 dB, followed by a little dipper curl up right at the end, at 24 Hz, then the REW trace disappears. This is phenomenally close to what High Fidelity Magazine got many years ago, probably with a different woofer (mine is a stock K33E).
  5. The K402s will be sold, but there are other people in line who contacted me first. I'm selling them to the first one if he decides to buy. If not, second one, etc. So chances to buy them now are very slim. However, I'm considering selling some of the new horns we've developed. I don't really plan to sell these separately to DIY guys as the initial plan is to sell a complete horn system in wood somewhere down the road, but may be making an exception in the beginning. The build quality will be similar to the ones I have which is a combination of fibre glass and HDF. Painted in black matte and with the use of adapteres to the drivers. They need equalization to work best, so active is really the way to go. Which is of course in reality the case for almost every speaker.
  6. Funny you suggested that. I posted something very similar in PM.
  7. That's what I was thinking...maybe in the pre-amp section...a fuse/circuit-breaker blown there somewhere...most likely prior to reaching the bass controls, or immediately afterwards...who knows without checking, though! It's so much easier when you can just confirm by removing one item from the chain and replacing it with a similar one to narrow things down, somewhat! That's the TROUBLE with TROUBLE-SHOOTING! LOL!
  8. Very Nice post. I liked your comments a lot !! I want to add additional factors, I have recently experienced personally, no one hardly ever mentions: If the Klipschorn is 105 dB, we need to know HOW it was rated, one playing, two playing, on axis, etc . But besides the SPL rating, you have factors like a K-Horn is typically a three-way speaker, with a three-way crossover. A three-way speaker and crossover is harder to DRIVE, than a two way system. Additionally, even though the latest K-Horn has an improved wiring system, from all my experiments, it is still not getting "all it could" from the factory wiring choices !! I use a two-way system ( VOTT A7-8, very mildly modded ) and I have recently ( this month) gone to single runs of 8 AWG ( copper stranded, silver plated ) speaker wire. Such wire makes a huge difference. Not just amp to crossover, but in the crossover and crossover to drivers. Soldering the 8 AWG Mil Spec DIRECTLY to the 15 inch driver's terminal, that hold the voice coil wires, also makes for better transfer efficiency. A month ago, I eliminated the crossover entirely on my 15 inch driver ( ALTEC 515B) and I run it full range in my VOTT 825 enclosure. THAT was a huge improvement. The net result is improved sonics and dynamic range contrasting, with all of these changes added. I run a 0.25 Watt 6005 amp on it. Experiment and enjoy !! Jeffrey
  9. I've owned two sets of 1978 Klipschorns (both Walnut Oil). The older one had the laser badges and the newer one had the badges that are shown on the Belles in this thread. You can probably guess that Klipsch did not wait until the calendar changed to January 1st, 1979 to make the switch. They used up all the laser badges and made the switch then -- on whatever day of the calendar that happened to be.
  10. I'd suggest you also look at Classé. The CAV-150 is a multi-channel amp that can be configured to 3, 4, 5, or 6 channels. In six-channel mode, each channel puts out 150 watts but you can bridge two channels to get 300 watts. If you only need 3 channels, bridge three pairs to get 300 watts per channel. The CAV-75 works similarly but is 75 wpc unbridged and 150 wpc bridged. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649518011-classe-cav150-6channel-power-amplifier/
  11. I would guess static electric would jump from you to the turntable to the receiver, not the speaker. It would take a LOT of electricity to take out a woofer. I would look for the problem in the electronics. I'm not an authority, check with others for a better opinion.
  12. I have a Denon avr x4500H. Has 125 watts per channel at 8 ohms question is. Will this be enough for the Klipsch Reference R-625FA and RP-504C center channel? I like it loud btw. Thanks
  13. I'm old now with a wrecked back, knees and hip-joints...so my attitude is the less heavy lifting and maneuvering around I have to do, then the better off I am...so I tend to look for something much easier to find the problem than maneuvering around a pair of K-horns...LOL! But, I also understand where people NORMALLY look to find out the problem when it might be a fuse or circuit-breaker involved. Because most of my "amps" are actually early-to-mid-70's H/K RECEIVERS...all of which have at least a handful of fuses scattered thru them from the rear panel to under the hood and underneath the circuitry bottom panel, I FEEL THE PAIN! LOL! PLUS, they are all "relatively" HEAVY, themselves! At least, though, I certainly have a large supply of the various fast-blow fuses I need for them...JUST IN CASE! LOL! Most of the forum members have absolutely NO IDEA HOW MANY of those receivers I actually ALREADY HAVE, either...but in the fairly near future I will have to be moving them all and will take pics to post here...and I'm quite sure that they will ALL be pretty surprised at what they see in those pics....ROFLMAO! I can't even remember how many I have , MYSELF! But I'm not looking forward to lugging them all around to load them and move them all AGAIN! THAT'S FOR SURE!!!😟
  14. When I saw your post just now, I thought Holland MI was a lot farther than it is saying. Only two hours each way. This may be do-able. I am just beginning a journey on to separation and divorce row nut I will gauge how this next week goes as to whether or not I can swing it. You did amazing work on both the tops the bottoms, and those horns just to add. I would love to have those top hats and 24 inch bottom boxes. If I can have about a week to see where I stand I would love to think it over. Thank you for reaching out to me. Tim
  15. So I ended up buying the Heresy speakers for $405 on Ebay. I will pick them up tomorrow and post some pictures once I get them home. Already getting some new speaker terminals{banana plug style), some gasket material for the backs, maybe some egg crate insulation and will hook them up to hear how they sound or if I think they need new crossovers. Then I can play with preparing the cabinets to install some veneer and possibly wrap the grills in cane like I did with my Fortes a couple of years ago. Getting very excited about taking on this little project - hoping the Veneer job is fun to do as i have never attempted to Veneer anything.
  16. I have and it Seems like something is missing across the board.
  17. Will check. Good point!
  18. That is why I utilize the full bundles. It is a bit curious. For the sake of eliminating any test equipment variables, have you measured any other subs 20Hz signals lately?
  19. Yep...but they had some with more mid and hf drivers, too, IIRC! LONG TIME AGO! Either way...I certainly remember that the woofer took up almost the entire motor-board area...when compared with most of the other Japanese-made competition, anyway!
  20. robert_kc

45 amps

Off the top of my head, IME there are several factors that affect whether a tube amp has adequate power, in addition to speaker sensitivity, speaker/amp synergy, room size, and listening volume: Genre of music. Large scale orchestral music can have tremendous dynamic range, and powerful bass (e.g., bass drum, double bass, pipe organ), and therefore can place a relatively large demand on an amp. Folk music, not so much. Mastering of a recording. Modern hi-res recordings of classical music typically are not compressed. OTOH, a lot of pop music is highly compressed, resulting in less dynamic range and less demand on an amp. Technology of the consumer deliverable. Modern hi-res consumer deliverables like Blu-ray, 24bit/192kHz download, and SACD are capable of tremendous dynamic range. OTOH, some consumer formats (e.g., LP) are capable of less dynamic range, and therefore place less demand on an amp. Whether or not a subwoofer cross-over is installed before the amp, thereby off-loading power-hungry bass from the main amp and speakers. (I use my Oppo UDP-205’s bass management feature, and line-level subwoofer connection.) Unfortunately, I’ve never heard a 45 based amp. My “Inspire ‘Fire Bottle’ SE Stereo Tube Amplifier HO” single-ended amp by Dennis Had, equipped with 6L6GC (probably 8 wpc), sounds good driving my Klipsch RF-7II for folk and big-band music, but doesn’t have the oomph to deliver large scale orchestral music at concert hall levels. (RF-7II is rated at 101dB sensitivity, vs. 105dB for Klipschorn.) I’m aware that Dennis Had makes a FIRE-BOTTLE 45 SET amp that puts out about 2 wpc. I wish I could hear it with Klipschorn, when playing hi-res recordings of classical chamber music (e.g., a string quartet). With that said, even though Klipschorn require about half the power of my RF-7II, I’m skeptical that a 2 wpc amp can fill an average size room with concert-level volume, and concert-level dynamics, for a hi-res recording of Mahler Symphony 2 (i.e., a modern recording delivered on Blu-ray, SACD, or 24bit/192kHz download). If you’ve heard Mahler 2 performed live, you know that the opening of movement 4 (Primal Light) has a solo alto singing softly (with no sound reinforcement system), and then the opening of movement 5 has a large-scale orchestra playing at maximum fff volume – i.e., an explosion of sound. If you’re playing a modern hi-res recording of Mahler Symphony 2 (i.e., a recording with unrestricted dynamic range), and you set the volume level on your hi-fi to be able to hear the opening of movement 4 at an appropriate volume level, then the opening of movement 5 requires some serious oomph – i.e., probably more than 2 wpc – even with Klipschorn.
  21. Have you tried using another source other than the turntable? It may not be the speaker fuses at all...lots of distance between the turntable and the speakers electronically-speaking
  22. First thing is to check your fuses on the bass bin connection panels.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?