quintet iii stand

yrstruly

hello. i currently have my quintet iii speakers wall-mounted but need to change to stand-alone stands. what stands are compatible with the quintet iii speakers other than the really expensive klipsch ones? i was looking at some atlantic ones but their weight limit was 2lbs/speaker and the klipsch ones are 3.5lbs.

thanks.

yrstruly.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Did you purchase the HF1 stands for your Quintet Speakers? I am asking because I just pickedup the HF1 stands from BestBuy for my Quintet SL speakers and I am unable to hook up the speaker to the stand.

Did you have to remove the bottom base of the speaker along with the track ball before you could attach the provided Klipsch Quintet Mount by Sanus?

thanks!

Manoj

hi there. yes, i did purchase the hf1 stands. i have the quintet iii speakers but i'm assuming the sl are similar. i did have to remove the base so i could use the mount. it wasn't very clear at first and they were a little difficult to get off, but it all worked out in the end.

i'm very happy with the stands.

yrstruly.

I am glad it worked out for you. Yes the SL speakers are pretty much the same as what you have.

I am struggling with getting the base removed too. Did you have to do anything different to get the base removed? Also, what about the metal ball? Did you have to take that out too?

Any help would be great as I don't really want to have to return the stand.. Rather get it done and move on!

Manoj

the metal ball is connected to the base - so the whole thing comes off together. you need to use an allen wrench type thing and remove all the screws.

i'm sorry, but i did this a few months ago and i don't remember all the details. though i do remember that the speaker doesn't fit on the base perfectly. there were areas where i had leftover screws because i couldn't get the speaker to line up properly with the base. however, it never presented a problem.

there is a little sort of sub-base that is connected to the ball. it is not enough to simply remove those screws. you need to remove the entire base of the speaker.

i hope that helps.

yrstruly.