Klipsch Website and Forums news. This section of the forums is strictly for technical questions related to these forums or other Klipsch websites.
Please see one of the many other sections of the forums to post any other kind of topic. For specific Klipsch product assistance, visit: https://support.klipsch.com.
Cruising around the internet it seems like there was a firmware update pushed down in February than is causing some apps to revert back to a 5.1 signal, overriding the global setting on the tv, and I have yet to find anyone indicating that the issue has been resolved. That does not mean it is without hope, though - again, I own neither the speakers nor the tv.
1) Try updating the firmware. Settings -> Support -> Software Update -> Update Now.
2) Note that there is an item in the manual (page 20) that indicates "You must turn on the external audio device before connecting the audio cable" which is 100% opposite what I suspect everyone on this thread normally does. Give that a shot.
3) In another strange thing in the manual on page 20 it states that Digital Audio is only available with 5.1 channel broadcasts (considering you can set 2.0 sound...seems odd). While playing audio, Go into the Advanced Sound Settings. Settings -> Sound -> Expert Settings. From there, change the Digital Output Audio Format to Optical and PCM (if it allows - I love manuals that just tell you to do something without showing the menu). It may be set to "auto" right now, and if on auto it may default to 5.1 even for 2.0 broadcasts despite all other settings.
4) Worst case: Does Bluetooth audio work? Give that a shot. Yeah, Bluetooth sucks (true), is a lossy format (true), sometimes drops out (true), why doesn't the optical cable work (true) and this should be plug and play (true). This might be a work around until Samsung pushes an update.
5) Ok, Bluetooth is the worst case. Does RCA work? If so, I'd use that over Bluetooth, but I have a giant box of all types of cables in my basement and surely have an RCA cable. You may be a better person and not have that box, in which case, Bluetooth it is. Me? I'd go RCA if it worked.
Good luck. Hopefully this works. If not.....buy a new tv. I've bought new tvs and audio gear on worse excuses.
you might be able to do re-stuff of the Aerovox metal cans , by taking out the insides ----------current run motor capacitors are the dry type , they contain two metal plates insulated from each other , When opened, the inside looks like two sheets of foil with wax paper in between them and rolled tight, similar to a roll of paper towel -
Years ago the oil filled type used PCB's as a coolant -
So I have a very similar connection to yours. Samsung TU8000 optical out to my R-41PM. However the dialogue is very Low and I am unable to do anything about it. The only settings I have on my tv is PCM and I am unable to change the audio settings to 2ch on my apps such as Netflix or Apple TV. So after reading you comment I thought maybe a dac would solve this problem and provide 2 ch input to my speakers.