Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

31 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 3 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3.2k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 31 replies
    • 2.8k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 72 replies
    • 61k views
    • 8 replies
    • 7.3k views
    • 20 replies
    • 7.7k views
    • 15 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 41 replies
    • 495.8k views
    • 17 replies
    • 4.9k views
    • 101 replies
    • 28.9k views
    • 43 replies
    • 64.9k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.7k views
    • 71 replies
    • 61.9k views
    • 15 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 4.7k views
    • 26 replies
    • 10.7k views
  1. New trustees

• 4 replies
    • 5.4k views
  2. New Officers

• 3 replies
    • 5.2k views
    • 6 replies
    • 6.5k views
    • 0 replies
    • 5.2k views
  • Recent Posts

• For a number of years the string sets all featured a a wound 3rd string which had less output than the 1st and 2nd strings. The magnet height was an attempt to get a more balanced output across all the strings. Most contemporary strat players use string sets with an unwound 3rd and a lot of modern strat pickups have even length pole pieces.   Im probably going to draw the whole thing up in a CAD program to get some precise numbers about how much closer the 3rd string got with the radius change.
    • Up for sale an excellent to mint condition an Onkyo M-5010 2 channel amplifier. Great as a stand alone amp or as an add on to a receiver for an additional zone or additional surround channels. Shipping costs will be actual to your location.  In perfect working order. Some specifications are: (75 W/Channel (8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry to Reduce Distortion Delivers Multi-Zone Audio with Selected Onkyo A/V Receivers. Damping Factor : 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 Ohms) Daisy-Chain with Additional M-5010s for Bi-Amping or Multi-Zone Audio Impedance Selector Switch (4-8 Ohms and 8-16 Ohms).Signal-to-Noise Ratio:110 dB (Line, IHF-A) High-Current, Low-Impedance Drive Flat, High-Rigidity, 1/16" (1.6 mm) Anti-Resonant Chassis 12 V Trigger Input and Output with Audio Switch Input Level Adjustment on Rear Panel Auto Standby On/Off Switch
    • As has been commented above, it appears the store owner knew what he was doing, as if he'd been in these situations as a store owner or otherwise. The "coincidental" convenient presence of the knife as well as the fact he approached the thief rather than defend an attack.   I'll concede the store owner had a right to defend his property, but it sure looked like he was experienced or had a plan.   This wasn't his first rodeo.   The "fight or flight" comment is a classic, legally sound defense when such an unbalanced use of force vs. the perpetrators, is used. It can absolve a lot of legal sins as long as it's quickly uttered by the victim.
    • R11 in the alternate PS is 3K2W. Wonderful to see 11 downloads already. You will want to adjust the value of R10 where you have 200V's between the cathode and plate of the 6Y6. If my calculation is correct you will be running the plate dissipation at 10 watts. The 6Y6 is rated for 12.5 plate dissipation. This is at 50ma. This is from Maynard. My experience is making a tube or transistor work gives better sound. That is as much as can be safely run. Nelson Pass runs a lot of bias in his transistor circuits for this reason.    There once was a reviewer for a noted publication that was an active member on this forum that said the best sounding amplifier he ever heard was a 1 watt one. Not this one so as not to get the wrong idea I am saying this is the one he was talking about. Just for those that turn their nose up at just one watt. Maynard's stereo power supply has two sections. Two PS sections with one transformers. My builds, this will be the third, just use one PS section of the schematic. Two would be better but one has always been good enough for me. Keeps the build simple and less expensive. Plenty of imaging with big soundstage with one PS section.    Just for comparison below is the power tube for this amplifier vs the one for the Decware Zen.   
    • He's probably got more to worry about in civil court than criminal. Kid's family will probably sue. If he wins or not it's still going to cost him.
    • Congrats! Drop me a DM, we may have a new crossover in stock in our Melbourne warehouse.   
    • forte not to be underestimated in market appeal. it also fits very neatly in packed dealer showrooms.
    • the best thing is the misspelling of klipsch in the background as "KLIPSCHS". have been looking forward to these for a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Too bad they didn't have 4 of these.