The Klipsch Audio Community

Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

21 topics in this forum

• 17 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 101 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 71 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 26 replies
  1. New trustees

• 4 replies
  2. New Officers

• 3 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. Klipsch Museum of Audio History in the news

• 0 replies
  4. Forte IIIs

• 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 35 replies
  • Recent Posts

• My amp has been sold 
    • I didn't say you were nuts, odd at time but not nuts. But you did leave, but like any bad habit it is making you think you need it and miss it, just say no, OK that's didn't work so well.   I had someone here visiting from NY, I told him i would not move there if they gave me a city block, unless I could stay a month then sell. We started talking about the crowding, noise and high prices, he said you get used to it and had no answer as why he really liked it except for some things being convenient. Then he say did you know NY has the highest suicide rate in the country, like he was almost bragging ?  I said it does not surprise me and he looked surprised, I said NY is great for some things but has some serious overpopulation problems, they are stacking people on top of each other at crazy prices and with everything else going on to deal with people get overwhelmed. I'd probably think about killing myself if I had to live there the rest of my life, or I would become a really bad person.   I lived in subdivisions all of my life, not that that is anything close to real city life. But about 30 years ago we moved to the country (not here) and after a while I realized what I had been missing, never again, so we looked for property, not a lot surrounded closely by others.   Everybody's different, I know whats for me, privacy and being left alone is first on the list.   .
    • Been saying it for years(decades?) they better be building a castle with a moat cuz when the little people are starving it will be easier to defend.
    • In my experience there's not much difference between modern solid state amplifiers.  If you measure them, you'll find low distortion on HiFi amps but there is not a really audible difference, at least with a non hi-end speakers.    But this area has a lot of controversy and it's really hard to debate about it without fighting. The only thing that is well know on engineering is about having a amp with plenty of power. Since music is a complex signal with a lot of short therm peaks, is good to have a amp capable to reproduce them without clipping.  The thumb rule says that if you want to get the most power of your speakers without chance of clipping you have to get an amp with 4x the power of speaker. Of course it only valid if you really wants to reach the maximum SPL levels.    If you listen music at normal levels, spending money on high power amps is just a waste. 
    • Makes the best pizza you ever tasted ,
    • Actually from Japan... almost an antique... probably from the late 1960s to the early 1970s...         It's never even been used.
    • remember that quote from Patrick Ewing?  Sure NBA players make a lot, but we spend a lot too.
    • I have the XL Big Green Egg,.LOVE IT. If I was looking for new, I would go with Primo, made in USA, some cool accessories that spit grill space.   Indirect for brisket, direct, 700 degrees for steaks. Pizza, everything is good on there. 
    • that brings back a memory ... when I was in the service, whenever we had to mail out a bunch of stuff, someone would say to get the "duty tongue."  It was a tube filled with water and a tiny sponge tip ... the tip remained damp and you just rubbed it over the glue on the envelope. Ingenious ... no wonder we won WWII.