The Klipsch Audio Community

Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

21 topics in this forum

• 58 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 101 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 71 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 26 replies
  1. New trustees

• 4 replies
  2. New Officers

• 3 replies
    • 6 replies
  3. Klipsch Museum of Audio History in the news

• 0 replies
  4. Forte IIIs

• 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 35 replies
  • Recent Posts

• I have done this in the past.  As others have stated, it is not ideal with regards to output impedance etc., but it will work.  I ran a tube amp off the headphone jack of a cheap Sony Receiver for a few years until I could afford a proper preamp.  Sounded pretty good to me at the time!    
    • Thank you, If I had my way the bar and pole would be on the opposite wall. But can't imagine the pole would see any action.
    • I haven't looked recently but Crites has/had offered the OEM aluminum diaphragms for the cf3/4s  
    • The two you named is a little further offshore, but plenty others around.   I just love fish, salt or freshwater.
    • One thing I wish is that we lived closer to the coast somewhere.  I have a soft spot for Snapper and Cobia and just about everything else swimming in Salt.
    • Sounds like the same way you clean shark, red layer by the skin stays, the rest is white meat.
    • You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.   Thanks! We have been hammering the Crappie this winter.  Bringing home 35lbs of them per person on a 20 limit lake. Got a big fish fry coming Memorial Day I dont mind White Bass, Kentucky or Spotted Bass at all.  Just cut the red meat out of the whites and skin that thin brown layer off thats on the fillets in a few spots and you have a nice white fillet.  A little Louisiana spicy fish breading and most couldnt tell any of those Bass from Crappie.
    • Gov’t enough for close work.   A search at AAFES yields nothing for Klipsch. Sad
    • Curious, what is the typical voltage range at the headphone jack compared to what most amps expect? My first thought is the voltage would be lower requiring one to crank the amp up higher than normal. Am I right or wrong?   And what about impedance?  
    • well the HBR means Heresy Birch Raw and that peeling stuff isn't Birch by the looks of it...I'd say poorly veneered by someone...perhpas the speakers look much better underneath that peeling stuff...nice little project for someone...   Bill