2023 Subfest (A Bonehead Class) November 10th and 11th In Hope - REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Events like this are a wonderful place to meet people and make friends with others passionate about sound reproduction and especially to learn the fundamental reasons behind PWK’s and Roy’s design choices and directions.

Have a “GREAT TIME” everyone…!!!

miketn 🙂

• Like 2

To the folks who attended the sub fest, I have a couple of questions, I’m not sure if there was an NDA for the event but it’s not a matter of if, but when I will be purchasing one if not two of these new subs, so here goes;

1:  What size is recommended for the La Scala AL5

2:  Are these going to be powered, and if not how will the crossover I am assuming that will be included connect.

3:  if a separate amp is required, what power is recommended.

i currently run 3 La Scala’s F/C/R and Forte IV’s for surrounds, but usually I just do stereo listning.  I do not plan on using these new subs for movie watching (I have Rythmik subs for that) the subs will strictly be used for stereo.

thank you in advance

(we’re do I sign up for pre-order, yeah I’m that ready)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnA said:

This is the Large.

John , the sub you're showing is not the Large sub for the Lascala /khorn , 

the Large sub has 3 braces per side , and it's wider and almost as high as  a khorn   

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, OO1 said:

John , the sub you're showing is not the Large sub for the Lascala /khorn , 

the Large sub has 3 braces per side , and it's wider and almost as high as  a khorn   

Randy, that man was in Hope for the 2 day class, taught by the man who holds the patent and designed all 4. He sat and he listened to all four of them. He probably felt his eyeballs vibrate when they played the music that had a 16 hZ fundamental. (Music had to be specially composed for this event, fortunately, KGI has a Renaissance Man working for them and this was done). 

In other words, he knows what he is talking about, respectfully, you don't. You misunderstanding is that there are 4 sizes that are on the drawing board, and that sub is the next to the largest size. So that's the "large" and there is a size up from there. Whatever photos/video is out there are months old, Roy and his team have been moving forward, tweaking, dialing in, adjusting, and if this is like everything else that will continue right up until production. Any of these may end up looking like the prototypes that were brought to Klipsch meetings, and other A/V shows, or they could look completely different. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Also   respectfully  the question by  @Smitty8451   was which sub  ?  is for the Lascala   ,  well here it is !   , the 2nd picture even has a binding post with the script logo  Lascala  .

Again Randy, that ain't it. I tried. They listened to La Scalas (special secret ones that they can't tell you about) with the largest and the second largest. Mr. JohnA was there, he saw all four of them, he listend to all four of them, the largest two with LS. You don't know what you are talking about and the information you are putting is based on information that's months old.

This is one of those situations where you might want to be asking questions or seeking clarification rather than spouting facts that are based on assumptions. 

I have started a thread for those who attended the event to post their impressions and photos (what they were allowed to take). 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Smitty8451 said:

To the folks who attended the sub fest, I have a couple of questions, I’m not sure if there was an NDA for the event but it’s not a matter of if, but when I will be purchasing one if not two of these new subs, so here goes;

1:  What size is recommended for the La Scala AL5

2:  Are these going to be powered, and if not how will the crossover I am assuming that will be included connect.

3:  if a separate amp is required, what power is recommended.

i currently run 3 La Scala’s F/C/R and Forte IV’s for surrounds, but usually I just do stereo listning.  I do not plan on using these new subs for movie watching (I have Rythmik subs for that) the subs will strictly be used for stereo.

thank you in advance

(we’re do I sign up for pre-order, yeah I’m that ready)

@Smitty8451 I moved it over to it's own special thread for attendees to post photos, they are allowed to, etc. 

You are in luck, part of the class, a great deal I am told, was dedicated to comparing at least the 2 largest size Heritage Subs to a par of La Scalas. I'm sure you will be getting more and more feedback on your excellent questions. 

Travis