The Klipsch Audio Community

Solid State

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

136 topics in this forum

• 25 replies
    • 93 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 220 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 80 replies
  1. Sansui QS 500

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. tube vs solid state 1 2

• 21 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. emotiva or monoprice 1 2 3 4

• 65 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 109 replies
  4. Nelson Pass interviews

• 11 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 20 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Got your "gray matter" ready to roll? My first mug is gone now, gotta replenish.
    • As long as you don't hold your breath for them @Dave1290. The half inch thick or thicker rug with a pad are great for "rounding out" the sound when you're over hardwood. & I love wool rugs, blankets, shirts, socks, caps, underwear.....  Take that can of sg back if it was mislabeled somewhere along the way! They should verify that quickly and replace it.   Hate wallpaper so much from having to scrape it off then clean up the big mess before painting many times. I don't even care how beautiful it is. Using different sheens, colors, natural sponges, glazes and texture a lot can be done with paint. The room I'm in right now had wallpaper pasted directly to the sheetrock when this place was built. That was my first bad paper experience, fixed the walls and used texture to mimic light stucco in here    
    • Mornin' All  Fresh Mexican in the pot. Had to buy filters... Been a year. Wife bought some a while back, thinking we were running low. Were down to 1/2 box... except the box holds 200. Actually made it to the lake yesterday. Bluegill dinner last night.  Wife looked at me funny for taking shrimp for bait. And yes, it does sound extravagant, until you figure what worms cost by the pound and that you can't eat worms [unless you REALLY REALLY want to] if you don't catch. Lake is full up. Haven't seen that for a few years. Didn't take the boat. Just sat on the "pier". Didn't expect to catch dinner from there. Got a pleasant surprise. Still trying to figure a way to trick the boat into jumping on the roof of the car. , came to the conclusion that loading the boat on my car is much easier. Don't need to lift the boat 6ft to make the car roof.  I load the boat perpendicular to the [length] of the car to get around the trunk. I think my method is pretty slick and only takes a few minutes. I have seen folks spend more time trying to stage their 2 wheel trailer on the ramp. Back to "the routine" today. Starting to plant the garden. Rain predicted... good time to stick some seed in the ground.
    • Have you gotten them yet?  Hopefully you are pleased if so.  They will need a little time to break in.
    • To get punchy lower bass in a room where you have no or negative reinforcement, you need to feed the Cornwalls lots of current.  I don't think 9 watts will do it, at least not for kick in the gut bass.  Good class d amp on the bottom end would likely help.
    • You posted this alert earlier.  Why post it again?
    • Hi,   I use CWIII with passive bi-amplification thanks to the internal filter of CWIII. I put a solid state McIntosh MC2125 in the bass and the equalizer button on the McIntosh C504 preamp at 1:00 am for the 30Hz. Then I have a tube amp in the middle and treble.   It's very good like that, I tried the tube amp on the whole spectrum of bass until the treble: the bass is less good and less punchy : For Jazz and Rock   Take this test keeping your 300B 9W at the top and a solid state for the K33E bass   😀
    • That is one failure of earlier Heresys.