The Klipsch Audio Community

Solid State

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

99 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 70 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 10 replies
  1. Anybody here?

• 14 replies
  2. Email from NP.

• 3 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 64 replies
  3. Crown D-45 schematic

• 101 replies
    • 14 replies
  4. Solid State Recap???

• 10 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 154 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 28 replies
  5. Acurus 200x3?

• 15 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. Class A

• 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• That seems odd to me how they were packaged when I bought my 280s the bottoms were attached already when I opened the box...  Were they in thethe original boxes with original packaging...?
    • The WiFi card can typically only use one WiFi network at a time.  It would be like me sitting here at work (Network admin for the city) and wanting to connect to the 8 wireless SSID's that I can pick up between our IT building, the Police Station, and City Hall.  I can "see" them all but I can only attach to one of them at a time.  WiFi cards can be dual band, 2.4 and 5Ghz but they can only use one or the other at any given moment.  Our city uses two Ritter fiber connection and we have AT&T DSL and the local cable company's fiber as a backup if another fails.  But we also use an aggregator to direct what traffic we want going out what connection.   But with a simple home connection.....no, you can't combine speeds with two connections.  Traffic still has to go out of only one channel.
    • I found a local auction that has these in the sale.  Anyone seen these, or have any experience with them?    
    • there are a lot of possible reasons why someone might not hear a difference when replacing old crossover caps but that does not mean that a difference was not made. Never the less changing out very old caps is a good idea for a purely maintenance point of view, any time after thirty years is a wise plan. If you have a hi rez system you don't need to wait that long to enjoy the improvement, capacitor technology is fast moving.
    • Yea so I'm finding out it's like a mini micro pilgrimage. And we did not even have time for martinis, it was too early in the day
    • lol. My 17 year old daughter says she can't hear the difference between my system upstairs (Radian Coaxials) and my LaScalas in the basement.   My oldest daughter, who grew up watching me do all of this stuff, asked me what I did when I put silver speaker cables into the system. But she spent a lot of time in front of that system -- she could normally tell when I changed something.
    • Yeh, I haven't tried them with the original drivers (I think Volti is missing out by making the adapter so expensive), but the change with the BMS was startling. This SET is really revealing as well.  It's pointing a big accusatory finger at my crossovers.   
    • Imaging is what you're after?  Maybe try what is suggested HERE.  Worth a shot, absolutely free to try it out.
    • Yes, and yes. Sorry I missed this beforehand.   Chris
    • How can any wife complain about free Jubs!!!   I would do a LOT for my community and county if I were to win $1B walking money. $10 million REC sports complex $200 million county wide all new high school football multi sport stadiums $50 million county wide added AP curriculum with full tech/science labs for all $100 million allotted for gifts in education and healthcare on an as needed basis but no more than 5 million in any given year. Well, that's a third of it given away.