Solid State

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

81 topics in this forum

1. Class D

• 152 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 198 replies
    • 243 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 125 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 60 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 72 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 64 replies
  2. DAC's

• 17 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 56 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
  3. amplifier

• 0 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 9 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Yeah, I'm crushed.  So many micro-aggressions.   I need a safe space. 
    • That will be interesting - and thx for the encouraging words - I admit I have not used my tube amps for ages.....
    • You just earned another We have a Super Extra Double RT Trekker among the ranks!!! Salute to you Now keep it between the lines Star Trooper
    • Good advice from TasDom.   Don’t do a thing until you hear back from Klipsch.   I have cracked MANY mounting holes tightening down screws...   It will get resolved, one way or the other.
    • Tell you what....if you can make or get a listing of all of the tubes, with quantities of each type, then your question is possible.  The "value" is based on what a person wants to do with the tubes.  More than likely, 90% or more of those tubes are useless in audio applications.  Trust me, I know.....
    • I was lucky enough to see the HtH at the WWWFs Park Center here, then BiB and the one in the early nineties   "Powerage" is my number one fave followed by "Highway to Hell".
    • Wow. Whats the estimated value if sold individually?
    • Nice link.   Looks like the umbrellas were designed by Ted Happold and Frei Otto. I can't remember where I got the Roger Dean reference.   We all thought the figures floating down in parachutes were pigs, but they were sheep.   I also thought they came from the exploding pig, but they were shot from cannons from the side of the stage.   Funny how the mind works (doesn't).   Seems Roger Waters doesn't think 100,000 stoners can appreciate lyrics while partying. This is funny, since we sang along with them on and off. To think that the fans aren't connecting with the music (which is what brought them there to begin with), shows some real brain damage.   "The enormous crowds on this tour began to bother Roger as he felt the crowd were there to party rather then contemplate the music and the lyrics. At the show in Cleveland, someone climbed onto the giant cable that stretched across the stadium and carried the pig. On the bootleg, an announcer can be heard pleading with the person telling them If anybody has hold of the other line on the pig up there, please let go, its very dangerous. We’re trying to bring it back in from over the audience. Please! Please let go of the line if you have your hand on the line.” Ten days later in Montreal, the famous "spitting" incident would happen, where Roger, supposedly spit on a fan who wouldn't be quite, and from his experience on this tour came up with the concept for The Wall, feeling that there was a metaphorical wall between the band and the audience. This idea came to fruition on The Wall tour 3 years later when a 40 foot wall was gradually erected between the band and the audience."