The Klipsch Audio Community

Solid State

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

176 topics in this forum

• 42 replies
    • 19 replies
  1. Dac’s?

• 6 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 84 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Gain?

• 7 replies
  3. ???

• 9 replies
    • 25 replies
  4. tube vs solid state 1 2

• 30 replies
    • 27 replies
  5. Sansui AU-X1

• 0 replies
    • 232 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 75 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• If you still have noise, guess your amp is the culprit as was the thinking of Jimjimbo, I think.
    • That there is funny Ice skating in southern Mississippi Funny
    • Looks like you have already done extension cord to amp with no change. No need to do other components. If you can , reach another room with extension cord just to amp and speakers.
    • Shorting the inputs means taking a jumper wire with alligator clips and hooking one end to the center pin and the other end to the outside ring. One can take an old RCA cable, cut it and tie the 2 wires of the cut end together and plug in the connector to the amplifier. They make special plugs for this function as well of which I have.    https://www.amazon.com/Viborg-Stopper-Plated-Copper-Protector/dp/B017DH76VS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=RCA+SHORTING+CAPS&qid=1607026936&sr=8-2   Cutting an old RCA cable and doing like I said serves the same purpose for testing. The plugs are put on RCA inputs of a Preamplifier, especially phono stages, to prevent noise. Common on professional equipment as well. 
    • Keep the water on until the last minute. I do tunnels & roadways. we keep the water on for 30 days! Lookin good, Mr Kotter! Oh I almost forgot, don't forget the Termite flange.
    • Concrete?  At first glance I thought it was a tiny skating rink, but then I saw the boards were removed and the edges were holding themselves up, so that made no sense.  Carry on!
    • Great... mine are built on a 1/8 inch brass plate and are over 15 years old. I don't move them or mess with them. With the Magnequest iron and 2A3s in them, I just enjoy.
    • did you put a vapor barrier down ?
    • Okay, so the dac is a 2 prong only plug. So you want me to plug that into the extension cord then do dac to preamp via rca and then preamp to power amp via RCA. Then see what that sounds like and compare it to amp only via extension cord? 
    • True.  But.   Mine hardly ever have failures, and any need to do a repair, due to a far superior implementation, starting with the chassis.     Look more carefully at just the thickness of the chassis / metalwork in the two amp photo !!    View how thick the steel chassis is in both is please.    Mine is made out of rigid, vibration-minimized 12 gauge cold rolled steel, with welded corners.    The lower amp has a thin, cheap chassis, looks like its made from recycled tin cans in thickness alone.  Transformers and magnetics vibrate when operating, and it vibrates the tubes also.   Mine is 14 years old, and has five amps built in it.   Jeff Medwin