First Watt Sit-3

Silverfoxvtx1800

IMHO FW and Klipsch, or any high efficiency speaker, is a very good match. I guess a SIT model needs to be sampled but I have and do own FW M2, J2, F3 and F5. The F3 and 5 have remained, the others are gone. The F3 is very similar to low power single ended tubes (it’s is single ended SS) and the F5 comes off as a very very good  relatively low power SS amp with leanings to more powerful single ended tubes. I read  a F5 review from the owner of multi thousnad dollar Nagra 845 tube amps that the F5 was right on its heels in overall presentation. I’ve been through too many amps to mention yet the F3 remains with me longer than any. Neither it or the 5 is going anywhere soon. 

1 hour ago, richieb said:

IMHO FW and Klipsch, or any high efficiency speaker, is a very good match. I guess a SIT model needs to be sampled but I have and do own FW M2, J2, F3 and F5. The F3 and 5 have remained, the others are gone. The F3 is very similar to low power single ended tubes (it’s is single ended SS) and the F5 comes off as a very very good  relatively low power SS amp with leanings to more powerful single ended tubes. I read  a F5 review from the owner of multi thousnad dollar Nagra 845 tube amps that the F5 was right on its heels in overall presentation. I’ve been through too many amps to mention yet the F3 remains with me longer than any. Neither it or the 5 is going anywhere soon. 

Hey now,

Here is a thread from the past that might make some good reading for you, Silverfoxvtx1800.

Since my posts in this thread from last year, I have been enjoying my Triode Labs 2A3 amp driving my 402s.

After Frank updating my 2A3, it has been great!!!

With me getting back into spinning vinyl I have now migrated to a moving coil cartridge that does require much more gain from my W4S STP preamp.

For example for normal listening levels, my digital playback has the volume control in the 13-16 range on the STP.

With my previous Hana, EH high output MC cartridge it was in the 18-20 range on the STP.

Now with my new Charisma Audio Signature One cartridge, I need to up the output in the 35-40 range on the STP.

With an output of 0.4 mV for the Charisma, not unexpected but at this much gain needed on the preamp I am now again noticing some unwanted noise out of the 402s.

I cannot help but wonder with a more efficient amp on the 402s, like the J2, F8, or SIT3, this issue would not be there?