• 12 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 59 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Recent Posts

• That was funny and how I remembered hearing the joke, but your right it would have caused sky screaming. 
    • Good idea   We only planted 4 tomatoes, 4 cherry tomatoes and 4 eggplant, not even going to count the one strawberry plant, it was just to keep the oldest grandson happy. It's not much but just some I got when at the feed store a few weeks ago buying fertilizer and dog food.Wish I would have got more now.   But the other day I went to look at them to see if the tomatoes needed to be tied up and noticed .one each of the tomatoes and 2 of the eggplant were gone, eaten off to the dirt. I know what got them, deer, one year they ate everything to the ground in one night, I should be taking deer but have never killed one here. It's raised beds about 2 feet high so I doubt it was rabbits because I have never seen one this close to the house, but no shortage of deer.    The bed is one railroad tie wide and three long, and 3 tall,  about 10 years ago when i built it I filled it with horse manure, as much as could be mounded up without spilling over. It took 2 years before even a weed would grow in it, but since it's been great, never packs and until the last couple years never needed fertilizer, I now put a tiny bit around the plants.   The railroad ties are getting a little rough and needs a couple replaced but it's still holding together as long as i don't bump it with the tractor when cutting. I use pine needles to help keep out the weeds, there free and works pretty well. Easy to see what end has been planted, just noticed it's down to only 2 eggplants now.
    • Closely related to the Transcendent Sound Balanced power conditioner.  500KVA ~ 4amp conditioner.  Includes a balanced transformer which splits the power onto the Neutral and Hot 60V each.  This approach is significant reduces AC born noise, creates a huge common mode filter. Additionally added an EMI/RFI filter.   Really lovely unit but my big amps needed a larger conditioners.  4 Hubbel outlets    Justin 949-636-9076
    • At this point I really have 2 sources... digital and Vinyl.  I bought a MiniDSP SHD. It will stream from my Roon server directly via ethernet and will do room correction.  I have swapped the McIntosh pre out as I will be building the new Sunvalley pre and it will go into the SHD too and allow me to do room correction for both sources.   
    • a SET 6v6 is a wonderful sound but I have a soft spot for a 6v6 run as a pentode rather than as a triode. a very nice audio tube indeed either way.
    • I stepped up to Core-Power units. They are known which is helpful when demoing for others and they are 15amp units.  So I went to an EquiCore unit for the sources and a separate Equicore unit for the amps. My Zion Monos are inspired closely by the HK CitV but we turned into monos with tube rectification. Each has a 4amp SB fuse... needed a big box for them.   Here is the pics.
    • Getting between my wife (who is a retired medical professional and had to be tested for virus early on as she had a number of the symptoms) and her first grandchild, now two months old is like getting between a mother Grizzly and her cub.   Yes, everyone has PC's and phones here too. Logic goes out the window, but I still keep my distance.   Wb  
    • "I don't want you looking at those" and "I don't want to grabbing mine either". Now is the right time for a divorce.
    • I plan to list my 2 matching 4amp units as well. Here is the pics... The smaller units are super cool.