7. Korg Nutube 6P1

• 15 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 16 replies
  • Recent Posts

• I know a few folks from this forum that have four Khorns.  If your room can accommodate them, I'd recommend that configuration over other Heritage surrounds.  The key here is distributed bass from the room corners that will negate the lowest room acoustic modes (a good thing), which in your room are at a very low frequency due to its dimensions.  The surround channels in surround arrays aren't used very often as full-duty sound channels, but when you do find a recording that uses the surrounds as independent sound channels, the results will be very good.    The only drawback to having Khorns in all four room corners is the placement of the listening position for best sound envelopment.  If the listening position(s) place the rear Khorns too far back in terms of their angle from the front center of the room (usually 60-120 degrees is optimal for sound envelopment), then you'll be trading away a little in terms of the envelopment of the array.  See the following figure from Floyd Tool's book on Loudspeakers and Rooms for experimental listener assessment of different surround channel configurations, particularly the one labeled "quad" which might be close to the angular dimensions for putting four Khorns in your listening room with your chosen listening position (LP).  Where you place your listening position will affect not only the envelopment, but also the low frequency performance due to room modes:     Chris
    • Thanks!  I think I have to test both and compare.   Perhaps there are some more opinions?
    • Thank you for sharing that @Ro60.  My best to you and your continuing recovery.  The sooner you have the speaker inconvenience resolved the better.
    • I don't know how close you are to this but if looking for small theater speakers this is probably the way I'd go:    
    • JBL is bringing back a couple vintage speakers. ...they will have a tough time coming up with new designs (at least for their synthesis line) since they fired all their top engineers that had been there for 40+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Good description of efficiency vs sensitivity in that link.

However...not sure I'd put too much trust in his ability to determine sound quality:

"There is no connection between the efficiency and the sound quality."

...I think there was this guy who said efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion. I wonder if he ever made any speakers we enjoy... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • So what do i still need to buy? Can you give me some links of the objects that i need? Thank you verry much already!
    •   DizRotus, unfortunately I must tell you the same thing: I am sick of leukemia for a year and a half but in the process of recovery. Everything is ok and I lead a normal life with my job, sports, mountain bike, I continue the medical checks and the therapies and I listen as much as possible good music with the Klipsch!
    • "THX Ultra2 is a 7.1-speaker extension of the original Ultra spec. Ultra2 is designed to work well with multi-channel music and movie presentations playing up to reference levels in rooms of 3,000 cubic feet or larger. Each certification requires components to produce high volume levels, to play at a low level of distortion, and to disperse sound in specific ways, as well as to have extremely low noise and behave in a stable and predictable way."