• 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 28 replies
  6. Marantz 7C noise

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
  • Recent Posts

• Happy I got my 3 Oppo players when I did. Felt even better after I sold one for $3K+. 
    • I had no idea such a thing exists. This is good news if I want to give it a try without waiting to order some cables. Sounds like I'd put the output from Xilica to channel 1 on the Crown(s) then mess with the menu to send that Chanel one's input to both speaker binding posts. I that how you understand it to work?    I've been reading a bit more today on the Internet (scary thought) and I see lots of people saying not to bridge amps. Fair amount of debate, but seems like more against it than for it.    Now that I think about it, if they are 8 ohm drivers and it is the parallel wiring that gets me to 4 ohms and thus more power from the amp. Won't an 8 ohm driver driven by a single amp channel present itself to the amp as 8 ohms? Seems like I'll be right back where I started, with the exception of a single channel per driver. Still, I guess that is 215w for one 8 ohm driver versus 215w for two 8 ohm drivers.   Thanks!
    • Doesn't this violate US and International law?   Two posts including this one. Both spam
    • Yep, just spoke with him...he says ... Hello!! !
    • Just looked it up, yes it does. Sorry should have looked it up before asking. Crown calls it input "Y" mode. Directs input on channel 1 to both amp outputs. So you can without any adapters run one woofer off each output channel. But still you would get more overall total power with the 2 woofers wired in parallel and the amp in bridge mode. Just options that's all.
    • Yes it is.  My wife gets the credit because she has kept us on TXU instead of switching to one of the "cut-rate" providers linked to the wholesale price of natural gas.
    • I agree with Bubo, and would recommend the Heresy IVs. May be a bit smaller than what you desire, but it makes the most sense for your room, as it won't need to be close to a wall to be efficient. 
    • See getting some ideas now. If you could use the front of fireplace for a rear firing but as we discussed, there are front firing speakers. Guess you could use Heresy 1,2, or 3 models as sealed cabinets. These best on floor to help limited bass with no sub for pure 2 channel. Thought someone would bring up a decent new floorstanding Klipsch front ported. There are plenty of Klipsch front ported. Yours almost make it for you and still thinking they are rear ported. Alright, figure front of fireplace out. A little bit tight anyway. Lol...
    • I don't know. I'd guess no since it doesn't ring a bell, but I honestly don't know.
    • Glad you're back! Was a bit worried.