The Klipsch Audio Community

Subwoofers

Scratch that "low-end itch" with talk about subwoofers of all types.
Hz so good.

1090 topics in this forum

• 111 replies
  1. DIY THSPUD clone 1 2 3 4 11

• 210 replies
  2. R112SW Rattle

• 12 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Klipsch C-310ASWi

• 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 31 replies
  4. Subwoofer hookup

• 5 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
  5. THLPT

• 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
  6. RW 10 with Sony STRHD590

• 4 replies
  7. What sub with RP-260F’s

• 0 replies
  8. RW-10 Sub Not Working

• 3 replies
  • Recent Posts

• not entirely sure yet. The Cornwalls sound more live/realistic but the RF7s may have slightly fuller bass, and an airy’er/more detailed mids/highs.    My room must be a bass killer because the RF7s and Cornwalls did not impress me in that department. But my sub sounds great. Wondering if I have a preamp issue at this point.
    • and the house is still standing on it's foundations  , and no complaints from the neighbors
    • a Vitavox has more path length than University's "Classic"  - can't comment on its sound as never heard one   https://i.imgur.com/V25cjQ2.jpg https://i.imgur.com/5af2mG3.png  
    • tell you what , let's not talk about train wrecks yet ,  as usually these events are kept at home or at the railroad -   locomotive engineers are a rare and tough  breed  , and entire families  live from the railroad day in day out ,  and freight trains rolling up mountains and down hills , and bridges and crossings with cars , trucks , cattle or wildlife ,  dont always make it back  in 1 piece and sometimes derailments and serious accidents happen when one the least expects it and rarely do we hear the real stories , except if the brothers and fathers also work for the railroad , and rarely does one tell his wife of the real dangers -   -and God knows that everytime a locomotive engineer or a conductor leave his wife and kids for work , it is always the wait at home that is the hardest  till he makes it back , and the closer the retirement , the more the days are counted , so for all my railroad family and folks -  God Bless -    
    • Thank you all for your advice. I'm very happy to report they're still stock standard and up and sounding just fine. Thank you "glens". I had rotated the speakers. I read your suggestion on this site some time ago, perhaps an earlier entry you made. It makes good sense. Thank you "JohnA". I shall research crossover components over time and make sure I purchase Quality. I ran them for about an hour and half quietly before asking them to sing which they did bringing back fond memories. Now my dilemma is what pre-amp amp direction do I choose. Lots of reading ahead I guess. I have had offered, as near to new, a McIntosh MA252 which appears very nice but lots of money here in Australia. Unfortunately Hi-end components are not readily available for trial where I live. There's always some uncertainty I guess. I still use Perreaux from the late 80's in my pro-audio systems. I believe there's new product from the new owner that may suit? Thanks again.
    • @MarkKrochuck, well...?   Did they kick the RF7s to the curb?   Or just start the ball rolling?   Nonetheless, way to save a classic pair of speakers!
    • Speaking for all Klipsch members, thank you. +++   The Khorns look nice, your price is reasonable.  I predict a quick sale, maybe a week.
    • For the thing with Joey??     Think they did pack it in after Draw the Line...  at least they did not hit bedrock with REO!
    • My concern was to not build a one note wonder which it seems the tapped horns are not.   So are you saying since th's are crossed at 60 hz and below (unlike my now main sub at 80) the musicality should come from the mains and not the sub? I  definitely hear a tonality change in my present sub. Not trying to argue just still very new at this and trying to learn.  
    • That was sad. They need to pack it in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk