Subwoofers

Scratch that "low-end itch" with talk about subwoofers of all types.
Hz so good.

523 topics in this forum

• 21 replies
    • 95 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 179 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 18 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 36 replies
  • Recent Posts

•   Bkbooher,   Welcome to the forum.   Crazy great score.   The majority of the time that I owned my Quartets(and forte's), I drove them with 80's Denon integrated amps(PMA-1080R, PMA-750, PMA-700V).  The combinations were incredible.  Rock solid build quality, fast punchy bass drive, sweet neutral midrange, detailed highs.  These can be found on the used market from around $100.00 to around $300.00 based on condition/model.   Where are you located?   Bill
    • John may be on to something.   What preamp are you using to drive that Monster amp?   Bill
    • 3 kids, all graduated high school and are doing great. One went on to college and got her BS in the medical field, married to her high school bf and, through hard work, he became a pilot. Her twin sister is married and independently financially successful...I couldn't pay her to go to college and she had the AP classes in school. My son worked for a few years, then did 4 years in the Marines. Been out for ~ a year, working and doing what he wants. They do what's right, even if they don't want to.   I agree in it does matter how kids are raised.  
    • I'd say you need an electronics upgrade.  Something in the 50 to 100 watts with a high Class A/Class AB crossover point.  Like an Aragon 2004, perhaps a First Watt Amp, or McIntosh. 
    • Look, No Child Left Behind worked..
    • Wife ran in the Plano Balloon Fest 1/2 Marathon this morning. No balloons due to the threat of rain (it eventually downpoured and they called the race when she was at mile 12).   Oldest stayed overnight with the grandparents, so it was just me and my youngest - she was less than thrilled to be up at 4:30AM, but eventually lightened up. Then just a quick pre-race panoramic, and an older gentleman with a fancy camera rig hanging around his neck. He walked around with his hands behind his back most of the time and I never saw him take any pictures - don't be that kind of photographer. Keep the camera ready and have your eyes/mind seeking out the shots right in front of you.    
    • Looks fantastic Richard!
    •   I couldn't agree more.   And I have found the RF-5's really come to life with both power and tubes.