Heresy 1.5 sub suggestion?

MrT58

Tried searching but got no hits-   Need a sub and was wondering what you might suggest?  Current setup is Cambridge Audio AXR100, main source is Wiim Pro Streamer.    

What are your requirements? Do you have size limitations? Do you need speaker level inputs?

How much are you willing to spend? Do you have a preferred design-ported or sealed?

Any brands you are interested in?

Help the forum narrow it down.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Peter P. said:

What are your requirements? Do you have size limitations? Do you need speaker level inputs?

How much are you willing to spend? Do you have a preferred design-ported or sealed?

Any brands you are interested in?

Help the forum narrow it down.

Room size is about 14x16, no major space issues to speak of- the heresy's are parked next to a set or RP-8000F right now. 

Budget under 1K, speaker level inputs?   Be nice to not have to adjust output on a powered sub to match volumes, but don't have an amp to power them at this stage. 

I don't know about sealed vs ported, the heresy is sealed. 

Open to branding 

5 hours ago, MrT58 said:

Room size is about 14x16, ...Open to branding 

I have an SVS SB-1000 with my Heresies and it's perfect. Their on-line tech support quickly answers questions. I bought mine from their web Outlet and

saved about fifty bucks. Generous return policy. The SB-1000 is a very compact, just over 12" cube so placement is easy and flexible.

I was interested in the HSU Research subs because they can be played sealed OR ported. Great to experiment. I was just too cheap to pay the price

difference between HSU and SVS.

20 hours ago, Peter P. said:

I have an SVS SB-1000 with my Heresies and it's perfect. Their on-line tech support quickly answers questions. I bought mine from their web Outlet and

saved about fifty bucks. Generous return policy. The SB-1000 is a very compact, just over 12" cube so placement is easy and flexible.

I was interested in the HSU Research subs because they can be played sealed OR ported. Great to experiment. I was just too cheap to pay the price

difference between HSU and SVS.

Reading a lot of good about this sub,    fyi did a recheck and room is 11x14, was looking a the SB-2000 series (on sale) but for the size of the room, I'm seeing that the SB-1000 is better for that size room.