80+ hz hum

So I have the R-120SW hooked up to a pioneer VSX-lx505, I have tried several cables, as soon as I hook up a cable to the subwoofer I get a hum,,, this is in the over 80 hz range, it is directly affected by the gain setting and the frequency setting. Turning the frequency down below 80 hz almost fully negates the hum. Cable length and what it is hooked to has no effect. I am using good quality shielded cables and have tried isolating the cable path away from any power and any other electronic device. Both the subwoofer and the amp is connected to the same power source.

please note… this is not a ground fault it’s above 60hz and happens regardless of what is plugged into the other end of the cable. I have even tried plugging in a 50ohm dummy plug in the cable.

having this issue makes using LFE useless. 

Any ideas?

Are you able to test the sub using a different amp to provide the LFE signal. Would like to be able to isolate the issue to either the amp or the plate amp on the R-120SW.

Also, how high is the gain setting on the subwoofer? 

18 hours ago, Dave MacKay said:

Are you able to test the sub using a different amp to provide the LFE signal. Would like to be able to isolate the issue to either the amp or the plate amp on the R-120SW.

Also, how high is the gain setting on the subwoofer? 

Gain is set at 50% and I have tested it on the 505 as well as an older VSX56TXI. It doesn't matter what it it plugged in to... I have even tried a 50 ohm dummy resister.