The Klipsch Audio Community

Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

152 topics in this forum

1. Welcome!

• 9 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Early H700 Qs

• 7 replies
    • 9 replies
  3. Cornwall mfg year?

• 20 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
  4. Forte 1

• 2 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. 1959 Klipsch Model H

• 7 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Haha, vote YES (with the caveat above). For $125 what do you have to loose? Ad states that they sound good (double check). If you have never owned Heresy's this seems like a cheap way to try a pair   Of course they would not make it into my wife's living room, but how about the garage or under a desk?   Ad seller also has Pro Heresy's ... check those out also!   Cheers, Emile 
    • Since it seems you can’t pull them out from the back wall too much, Cornwall III,II, I or Chorus I, CF-3 or 4 or KLF-20 Or 30 would work well for you. I know reference is seen more for movies but the RF-7 III is outstanding and really improved on the II’s brightness with very smooth highs. I think you’d be very happy with that as well. I’d avoid passive radiator Klipsch speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • "IF" you could hear them play, and "IF" everything made sound, the sum of the parts are definitely worth more than the whole (asking price).  HII cabinets come up for sale on occasion and they are also about the easiest cabinets ever to build if you are so inclined.  Crites has new motorboards for $80 a pair on his website and that would take off a ton of work with having to use the router to flush mount.  Just a simple cabinet after that.   "IF" you don't mind a project.    It's showing $150 on the ad....did he price lower to you?  He did make mention that everything works.  Hell, if they were close to me, I'd buy them and resell the parts to recoup if I didn't need a pair.
    • Nothing like working sun up to sun down to sustain life.
    • I vote NO.   Cabinets are trashed and electronics do not like getting wet.
    • Well I've never had an argument with one.
    • @Mila1924 ... Haha, "had" the same problem.  Open great room ... had Forte's on a Marantz 2252B also, but just did not do the job.  Switched to Cornwalls which was quite an improvement. Then got a pair of PRO KPT-904's - problem solved! Even my neighbors like the sound   Cheers, Emile  
    • Have I what yet? Is that Texan for "have you eaten yet"?
    • A set of HII's just came up on my local craigslist for $125 that are water damaged. Do these things look like they are worth salvaging? My concern is the rusted screws on the driver which may indicate the woofer has water damage as well. It also looks like the cabs warped to the point they are coming apart at the corners.   https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-ii-speaker/6706610580.html  
    • Marty, thanks for the recommendation.  I'm still up in the air (in many respects!) but will look into the little KGs.   Joe, as far as bass goes, I enjoy a solid bottom end as much as everyone else.  Yet, I'm not missing it with the speakers that I'm currently using.  In spite of their limited low freq. extension (they seem to drop like a rock below around 100 Hz), listening is still enjoyable to the point that I am not considering using a sub.    I've found LSs to be really excellent in near-field applications and have had guys running ridiculously low power with them with no problems at all.     Maynard