The Klipsch Audio Community

Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

131 topics in this forum

1. Welcome!

• 9 replies
  2. KP-600 EC Schematics

• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. Cornwall mfg year?

• 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 7 replies
  4. screw top La Scala

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Recent Posts

• FINAL WARNING:  No politics. If you aren’t familiar with our Terms of Service please go read them now. 
    • Show me the guns that liberals have grabbed or shit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Yea it will blow after the tweeter to tell you "Your tweeter is blown" But seriously just get some better tweeters. Awesome score.
    • The same thing happened to me. I got into this wanting the most bombastic HT setup I can get my hands on but as I got deeper into it I found music far more engaging and enjoyable. By the time I got my LaScalas I had already dropped surround my surround channels. Now that we moved here to Colorado,  I have nearly my entire basement dedicated to my 2 channel rig and just have my single HIP Heresy for watching movies.   Lol I had a buddy over in my basement a while back and he asked, "Wow this is a nice basement, what are you going to do with it?" I just looked at him then looked at my stereo. 
    • Heck, keep 'em and just let them loaf, unless there's some financial or other incentive to downsizing as well.  Headroom is a good thing!
    • That's correct, a buffer or pre is required. As best as I can tell the Icepower boards are for inclusion in retail products and not standalone amplifier applications for diyer's. Very few suppliers of these boards are available. Much different sounding than the other D boards I have heard. Great tube like mids. I have tried many of the 3116 boards and for the money they do sound alright but "thin sounding" is how I describe them. The Icepower boards are in another category and compare to much more expensive retail amplifiers. There are many quality retail D amplifiers using Icepower boards, probably the same ones we can buy now. The 50asx board is plenty powerful enough for ours speakers. From memory I think it was around 15 cleans watts or maybe slightly more. 
    • Any time you want to stop by and measure my LSI splits, just let me know. But it looks like you are under control.
    • My system is amazing.  Only Klipsch could make it so.  
    • Perhaps I’m getting old and crotchety or perhaps they don’t make them like they used to. I find I’m watching far fewer movies than I used to - one a week, maybe. That being the case I’m considering dropping the rears (RB 61s), and carrying on with either a 3.1 or even a 3 speaker set up. The 61s and their stands would work well as a small system in my den. This would allow for some changes in the living room as far as couch placement and such are concerned. Sort of going against the stream of ever larger and more complex set ups I know, but we watch more regular TV and listen to far more two channel music than we used to. Are many doing this?