KLIPSCH HERITAGE SERIES HISTORICAL REFERENCE DATA (V.4 – 27 January 2016) by GroomLakeArea51 with additional information from The Historian

Travis In Austin

• 3 months later...

Just a note for the next version of this reference guide - my 1984 Cornwall (1.5's) definitely have rear-mounted plastic midrange horns (stamped K-57-K on back of driver - presumably the K-601 plastic horn and K-52-K driver).  I've seen other people post about their plastic horns in late model (1984 to 1985) Cornwalls.  It seems that as some point, just prior to the Cornwall II release, a transition from aluminum to composite plastic occurred.  Pix attached.

Cornwall Serial 2.jpg

IMG_5337_sm.jpg

Cornwall 1.5 plastic horn sm.jpg

4 hours ago, Alpha220 said:

Just a note for the next version of this reference guide - my 1984 Cornwall (1.5's) definitely have rear-mounted plastic midrange horns (stamped K-57-K on back of driver - presumably the K-601 plastic horn and K-52-K driver).  I've seen other people post about their plastic horns in late model (1984 to 1985) Cornwalls.  It seems that as some point, just prior to the Cornwall II release, a transition from aluminum to composite plastic occurred.  Pix attached.

Cornwall Serial 2.jpg

IMG_5337_sm.jpg

Cornwall 1.5 plastic horn sm.jpg

My Heresy 1.5s have the same as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great information here. Finally the information I have been looking for. 

I have a pair of La Scala's Type LS-BLS  W/S  Serials 8605379 / 8605380.

I know they were made sometime during in the last week of January or first week of February in 1986.

Am I correct in reading the type as -- La Scala Birch Lacquer Stain   Walnut/Stain

Thanks

This is a fantastic website of historical data. Thank you!!

I own many Klipsch speakers including a pair of 1979 Klipschorns up front with Chorus IIs in back.

S/N 14T863 & 64, Model # KC-BR indicates birch- raw. What does 'raw' indicate? Unfinished or oiled?

Would cab finishing have been done after leaving the factory? Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Lakebum said:

This is a fantastic website of historical data. Thank you!!

I own many Klipsch speakers including a pair of 1979 Klipschorns up front with Chorus IIs in back.

S/N 14T863 & 64, Model # KC-BR indicates birch- raw. What does 'raw' indicate? Unfinished or oiled?

Would cab finishing have been done after leaving the factory? Thanks again.

Raw means they left Hope Arkansas with no finish or stain applied.  Anything that’s on them currently was done after they left the factory.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:39 PM, wuzzzer said:

Raw means they left Hope Arkansas with no finish or stain applied.  Anything that’s on them currently was done after they left the factory.

Thank you for this response. dh

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Historians & Advisors, 

Looking to create an Audio Experience. I know this will be a process. So, I sent to the manufacturing address a CD. The reason for the CD is to find the sound produced by HERESY II’s and determine if later H Series are able to provide the same Listening experience. Tomorrow I will send another CD to the Historical Museum as I am understanding by reading here; that, the museum houses those versions of speakers and that the Advisors can be reached at that Historical address.

I just picked-up 16 weeks of movie theater advertisements and as that ends in September 2024. I would like to have a HERESY II system in place to integrate movie theater 5.1 Surround Sound fixed speakers systems. With the HERESY II down front providing the details. My thinking is the mix could gel nicely, even without an actual 5.1 recording. They can be, of course, mixed in 5.1. That would be cut on DVD not CD.

Anyways, the album submissions this year will be to every prize, award, available this year and next. So, renting a movie cinema theater for a day or two should pay for themselves. Getting the music onto campuses will be a full tour in and outside of the Continental U.S.. 

So, this can become a thing. Fast. I’m not seeking an endorsement deal. I’m prying as to whether your installation services are capable of doing temporary installation services? Same thing you already do, except you take with you everything you brought.

I will be sending a CD to the CARNEGIE LECTURE HALL. In Pittsburgh. I’ll give you a few days or a week before I mail it off.