9. Old advertisement

• 6 replies
  10. The guy's from Hope

• 1 reply
  11. KLF 30

• 1 reply
    • 28 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Like the misprinted penny or the upside down plane on the stamp, those Forte's might be worth something!
    • I guess you need to figure out why everyone tried to come to the US legally or illegally.  Then you would have your answer.  It is personal for those who care.
    • Hi,   In my opinion, original parts or mod parts, that is discussed and it is a personal choice.   For me the 2 are good 😉
    • I have a pair of K77M square magnet tweeters for sale if you are interested.  Garage sale section.    
    • I'm sorry to be so late with this (and dredging up an old thread on top of it), however I come bearing gifts. R-115SW 15" (1061059) T/S params, as measured with DATSv3, using the "box" method (1.15ft2) Re=3.979 Ohm Znom=4 Ohm Fs=26.19 Hz BL=21.583 N/A Xmax=8mm (estimated) Cms=0.087 mm/N Qts=0.5169 Qms=3.8139 Qes=0.516 Rms=18.31 kg/s Mms=424.46 g Sd=0.11401 m2 Vas=157.8 L Dd=381 mm Vd=0.91 L (will change if xmax is verified and corrected) Le=4.3822 mH fLe=1000 Hz Pe=400W SPL=88.68 dB USPL=91.72 dB Dvol (driver displacement)=452 in3   Here's a shot of the impedance & phase curves in DATS.   Just for fun, I modeled the OEM enclosure as best I could from estimating the interior volume and port dimensions from both the public specs and from interior photos people had posted online.  I'm sure I'm off a little, but I think it's fairly close. I took a screen shot of that too. This driver is pure power--especially if you have the space to give it more air.  WinISD auto-generated what it calculated to be the best box size for a flat response, and it spit out a 18,000 cubic inch enclosure :D.  That size has some excursion issues at the least, however the response curve held dead flat all the way down to 20Hz, didn't drop to F3 (-3dBm) until 17Hz.  I don't know if the driver could actually do that or not without tearing itself apart, but it sure looked amazing. I'm being a little more conservative in my build, and am going for a box of about 7480in3.  Got a 24" diameter cardboard spool leftover from some electrical construction at work.  It's 3/4" thick walls and nearly the density of MDF.  Yes, I'm making a giant bass bazooka.  Just because I can.  Assuming the wife doesn't threaten to divorce me or I don't collapses the house's foundation first.  Hopefully it won't take me another year to finish that and I'll post some pics, maybe get some frequency response charts of the setup for a better idea of the efficacy of doing something this.   But wait, there's more... Link to Google drive folder with this data already in a WinISD driver file, the DATS test export, a zma file of same, and the earlier two chart images. (note; the dats file and winisd numbers are nearly, but not identical.  WinISD is very particular and wants to calculate some values itself to make the maths work right.)    
    • Looks like blonde cabinets as well, not that common.  
    • Please, does anybody have any Pro Slant monitors with Pro Badging?   I need a close up picture with dimensions and a ruler taken pics of right underneath and beside them.   Thanks !!     Roger
    • Dude!   If you had an early 1950s K-Horn that had a blown driver and you could get the original driver fixed cheaply or buy an aftermarket driver you "THINK" might be better, would you put in an aftermarket driver ??   Answer; You would be a fool to put in aftermarket driver, being old and early is what makes it collectible...   Paul Wilbur Klipsch oversaw the build on these personally and they are a custom veneer, if the veneer had a missing piece, would you scab it in with a piece of Oak ?? Paul oversaw the build on these for a friend, you sure as hell don't go replacing parts with aftermarket parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Roger