Dream come true!

Hello every one!

I just purchased my first paire of heresy!

So happy! 1978 on plywood.  Only thing there is some epoxy on both dust cap to cover small holes and a small scratch on one woofer. It doesn't rattle at all. It's not tear at all.

Now today I'm gonna check the crossover, I might change capacitor.  If they leak. But so far they soud amazing!!!

I'm  French so excuse my English...

Anyway happy to join this group. 

Do I have to check or change the diaphragm on mid or tweeter now?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drbmw said:

Hello every one!

I just purchased my first paire of heresy!

So happy! 1978 on plywood.  Only thing there is some epoxy on both dust cap to cover small holes and a small scratch on one woofer. It doesn't rattle at all. It's not tear at all.

Now today I'm gonna check the crossover, I might change capacitor.  If they leak. But so far they soud amazing!!!

I'm  French so excuse my English...

Anyway happy to join this group. 

Do I have to check or change the diaphragm on mid or tweeter now?

Welcome! For right now, just enjoy the slow ride in the music. Answers will come.

Do you have the grille covers?

Thanks!

@drbmw

9 minutes ago, drbmw said:

No I don't, pretty clean for a 1978!

I wish to make a stand for it, what would be the angle?

20230814_134435.jpg

Thanks for the photo. Yes those are decorators. A pic of the epoxy and the small tear in woofer as well as back label will give us more info.

An angle of only 5 to 7 degrees will make a difference. Experiment. Congratulations!

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum and the Heritage Line of PWK's speakers!  I have a pair of 81's in OW and they'll rock your socks off.  I decided to pair them w/an old McIntosh 4100 receiver just for another fun system.  The dream system for a lot of us older guys.  lol

My jaw dropped when I first heard them so I'd leave them alone for right now and just enjoy them.  I added risers later, which REALLY made a difference.  Just that small angle up hit me in the face but in a GOOD way.  :)  Yea, I see you salivating so throw a couple books under them and angle 'em up and watch.  Stands?  Blah imo but it's your rig.

Right now, enjoy them.  The guys in here will always be here to help you out.  Caps, etc are available but I'm not sure about shipping your way.  Or others in here are French/German and can help you out.  Tons of material is also available if you search.

Love the RB too!  :)

Again, welcome!  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:09 PM, billybob said:

What describing is risers for the angle, while on the floor.

If placing on stands, will lose some of the bass. If you use a subwoofer, will not matter.

I like mine on the floor as have no subwoofer.

Tanx for info!

• Like 2

Ladies and gentlemen...

As I said earlier this week I bought a pair of heresy 1978(that's What the seller sais).

Tomorrow morning I'm going to buye a heresy II special edition Paul klipsch.  They are black, with a grill and stands.  Can't wait to see the difference those two!

Any comments about the special edition Paul Klipsch ?

Sorry for my English, I speak French. 

By the way you are really a bunch of cool guys!!

Love to read what you know about klipsch speakers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Welllllll, look at the man GO @billybob!   Next up La Scala's or K-horns?  PWK hooked another one of us.  @drbmw  you're done for sure now.  Why don't you tell us which one's you prefer?  Fire them up and enjoy them.  How big is your wallet?  lolol  :)

Yes Dave...he is on a roll for sure. Has raw birch 1s

and now going for PWK signature 2s.

With stands no less!

Dang it all to h...!

On 8/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, billybob said:

Thanks for the photo. Yes those are decorators. A pic of the epoxy and the small tear in woofer as well as back label will give us more info.

An angle of only 5 to 7 degrees will make a difference. Experiment. Congratulations!

20230819_124323_small.jpg

20230819_124307_small.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Welllllll, look at the man GO @billybob!   Next up La Scala's or K-horns?  PWK hooked another one of us.  @drbmw  you're done for sure now.  Why don't you tell us which one's you prefer?  Fire them up and enjoy them.  How big is your wallet?  lolol  :)

The other pair I got today!

Beautiful...

Now next week...witch one is next 🤣🤣🤣🤣

20230819_120110_small.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1