A Visit with Chief Bonehead and The Jubilee

I've read here before that smaller spaces require large horns. But can the Jubilee truly be used without issues in a regular home, for example, 11m x 5.5m? Logically, I would expect that such large speakers could pose acoustic problems in a standard living room.

2 hours ago, Flevoman said:

I've read here before that smaller spaces require large horns. But can the Jubilee truly be used without issues in a regular home, for example, 11m x 5.5m? Logically, I would expect that such large speakers could pose acoustic problems in a standard living room.

I am listening to my Jubilee in a room smaller than that right now.  There are a few things that have to be taken into consideration when using them in a small room, but nothing insurmountable.  I go into some detail about it in this post.

I appreciate the referral to this topic. I had read it before, but revisiting it now, and from what I gather from the responses, the Jubilee seems to perform well in smaller spaces. Interestingly, one might intuitively think the opposite, that a more spacious area would be a requirement.

When I first saw the Jubilee, my initial reaction was, "These giants will never fit into my home. Too large and too expensive." However, within a year, I've come across two demo pairs on Marktplaats at significantly reduced prices. Now, a sense of curiosity is growing, and there's a feeling of "who knows, maybe someday." 😅

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:45 AM, babadono said:

A DIY flat pack from Klipsch? Too much room for errors to be made by DIYers in assembly then no end to the complaints. So I say it will never happen IME.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, The Dude said:

I thought the same thing, but then Danley Sound labs did...wonder how that turned out?

I believe the DSL flat packs were discontinued.