Epic CF3 and KW-120 Subs

NimaBeamer

Hello,

I have a question regarding the hookup of my new KW-120 Subs and my Klipsch CF3 (series 1 afaik) speakers. System specs are:

2x Klipsch CF3

1x KLF C7 Center

2x KG 4.5 Surround

2x KW-120 + KA 1000 THX Subs and AMP.

Yamaha RV 3800 used as a pre-amp to drive three Marantz MA-700 Monoamps for the front speakers (L/R/C) and two MA-500 for the surrounds. Room is rather smallish 20 square meter but I got the KW-120 at such a good price that I could not resist.

The Epics are placed left and right to the screen in approx. 2,7m distance. KLF C7 in the middle and the KG 4.5 in the rear corner toed in towards the hearing position. I started playing with REW and considering buying either an anti-mode 8033 or a BFD.

Now my question: would it be better to hook the subs into the line outs of the pre-amp and let the act as part of the front and have volume and crossover etc. be done by the KA 1000 or should I use the sub-out and use the receivers internal crossover? One advantage of the first method I think would be a more seamless blend with the KA 1000 doing the crossing over etc. In addition the "pure direct" mode on the Yamaha does not take a sub into account, so hooking the subs directly to the Epics via the KA1000 would still enable me to use "pure direct" + sub, otherwise I would have to use the "Straight" mode (which is fine btw). I guess I am splitting hairs here but any insight is highly appreciated. I wanted to cross the Epics at 80Hz. Any comments?

Thank you very much in advance. I am eagerly awaiting your repsonses.

Greetings from Germany

NimaBeamer