New to Klipsch! (But raised on horns =o)

Thoriated_Tiger

Last night I brought home a pair of SF2s. Getting 'em home in a Miata was an interesting excersie in and of itself..one in the shotgun seat, one on top of the top's folded stack, lashed with zip cord speaker wire cwm12.gif

Anyway, I grew up with cheap horns (Realistic Mach Ones, radioashack) and with an uncle's Belles.

I had almost forgotten how detailed and dynamic horns are cwm20.gif

They're powered by a Dynaco Stereo 70, mostly stock but with a BIG power filter capacitor upgrade, a Sansui CA-2000 preamp, and fed mainly from a Thorens 145 with an audiotechnica 440ML MM cart.

Hardly audiophile, but damn, the whole thing with the SF2s sound SO much better than Lowther cwm27.gif

The Infinity SM112 wallbangers these SF2s replaced will go back to HT duty. Begone, vamoose! Away from my tubes!

Damn, but they're good. Budget constraints prevented getting the RF3's, but I don't feel I lost much in getting the SF2s vs the RF3's.

------------------

---

Klipsch SF2

Thorens TD145 / AT440ML turntable

Dynaco Stereo 70 power

Sansui CA-2000 pre

Pioneer RT707 tapedeck

Pioneer 4100 cd player

Welcome on board the Klipsch band-wagon. Thank god you didnt go for the KHorns - that would have destroyed your Miata for sure!

Warning : Addiction can follow your first purchase. you already found the RF3's - wait till you hear the 5s and 7s, then there is the Heritage range....

Its a world of trouble - especialy for tube owners - nothing gets driven by tubes like a Horn!

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (solid state).

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

quote:

Originally posted by maxg:

Welcome on board the Klipsch band-wagon. Thank god you didnt go for the KHorns - that would have destroyed your Miata for sure!

Warning : Addiction can follow your first purchase. you already found the RF3's - wait till you hear the 5s and 7s, then there is the Heritage range....

Its a world of trouble - especialy for tube owners - nothing gets driven by tubes like a Horn!

Heheh. Yeah. Actually, had I the room *and* cash to fit K-Horns, I would. The few times I've heared 'em, they are utterly unforgettable.

I *may* upgrade the SF2's to RF3 within this year. Time and budget will tell.

The SF2 are doing a terrific job in my rather smallish listening room. I couldn't ask for more..

And yes, it is a slippery slope. I grew on tubes and horns -- to me, anything else is...well... uh... not 'right'.cwm1.gif

------------------

---

Klipsch SF2

Thorens TD145 / AT440ML turntable

Dynaco Stereo 70 power

Sansui CA-2000 pre

Pioneer RT707 tapedeck

Pioneer 4100 cd player