Suitable Power Amp or Monoblocs for RF83 speakers

Last year soon after upgrading from Quad 66/606 to Boothroyd-Stuart Merdian amplification (G02 pre amp and G57 power amp), my house got struck by lightning. This fried the G57. although luckily I had the G02 disconnected to do a firmware upgrade of the control system, so it survived. After a nightmare with couriers where one replacement G57 was stolen en route from the UK to France and a second one was damaged, I gave up and bought locally in Marseille. I bought a pair of Advance Acoustic MAA705 Monoblocs, which had just won a major award in Germany. They do not suit the RF-83's at all. I have a large room (about 130 sq. meters) mostly made from stone and glass, with a ceramic tiled floor, therefore quite a cool acoustic. The Advance Acoustics with the RF-83's are bright enough to make your ears bleed. I cannot now get a new G57, as they are out of production. Has anyone got any suggestions of alternative power amps/monoblocs available in Europe. My budget is around 2500 or $3500. The G02 pre-amp has either RCA or XLR balanced output.

Wilson

• 2 years later...